|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joanne think Joseph is suggesting ISeeU's really is?
2. Why do Slake and McAlvane say they have brought Joseph into the interrogation room?
3. What does McAlvane say can spread easily?
4. What is the name of Joseph's wife?
5. Who appears at the end of the scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Robert Mapplethorpe?
2. What does Joseph think about Astrakhan's scheme?
3. How do Joseph and Joanne make up?
4. What does Astrakhan say about people's lives at the end of the fourth scene?
5. What do Joseph and Joanne talk about at the beginning of the scene?
6. What does Astrakhan say at the end of the scene?
7. What else does Joanne admit about Francis in the second scene?
8. Why do computer manufacturers leave entrance ways open?
9. What does Joseph know about the hacker?
10. What does Joseph say he did while Joanne was away for the weekend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Y2K? Why would the transition cause so many problems? How does Kopit use the hysteria surrounding Y2K to develop fear and tension in his play? How do the authorities safeguard against Y2K?
Essay Topic 2
What problems do Joseph's generation face? How are the problems for Joseph's generation different to the problems Astrakhan generation face? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 3
1. Imagine you have a friend who is a computer hacker.
2. Think about the damage computer hackers can do to other people and about the consequences of being caught.
3. Now write to convince your friend to stop being a computer hacker.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)