Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of phone call did Emma say she had received?
2. What was Annabel dying from when Joseph met Joanne?
3. What does Astrakhan say Joseph became to him?
4. What does Joseph tell the agents no one believed him about?
5. Who interjects the scene with a short speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the second scene say about Joseph and Joanne's relationship?
2. How does Joseph think Astrakhan has been able to doctor documents to show Joseph is his father?
3. What does Astrakhan say about himself in scene two?
4. Describe the dinner conversation between Joseph, Joanne and Astrakhan.
5. How does Joanne react to seeing fake photographs of herself as a porn star?
6. What does Astrakhan tell Joseph he thinks about Joanne?
7. What reason does Joanne give for marrying Francis?
8. Why does the author inter-cut and splice together short scenes?
9. What information does Joseph have about Joanne's affair with Astrakhan?
10. What does Astrakhan say about memory in scene four?
Essay Topic 1
Replace the play's New York setting with one of the following cities:
2. Los Angeles.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 2
What events in Astrakhan's early life influenced his decision to become a computer hacker? How different would Astrakhan's life have been if he was from a more supportive family?
Essay Topic 3
What problems do Joseph's generation face? How are the problems for Joseph's generation different to the problems Astrakhan generation face? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
This section contains 1,327 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)