Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of phone call did Emma say she had received?
2. What was Annabel dying from when Joseph met Joanne?
3. What does Astrakhan say Joseph became to him?
4. What does Joseph tell the agents no one believed him about?
5. Who interjects the scene with a short speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the second scene say about Joseph and Joanne's relationship?
2. How does Joseph think Astrakhan has been able to doctor documents to show Joseph is his father?
3. What does Astrakhan say about himself in scene two?
4. Describe the dinner conversation between Joseph, Joanne and Astrakhan.
5. How does Joanne react to seeing fake photographs of herself as a porn star?
6. What does Astrakhan tell Joseph he thinks about Joanne?
7. What reason does Joanne give for marrying Francis?
8. Why does the author inter-cut and splice together short scenes?
9. What information does Joseph have about Joanne's affair with Astrakhan?
10. What does Astrakhan say about memory in scene four?
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Examine the construction of Kopit's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Kopit's argument?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)