|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does scene two take place?
2. What city did Emma call from?
3. What does Astrakahn say he became interested in?
4. Where does Joseph work?
5. What does Slake ask Joseph if he is worried about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Astrakhan say at the end of the play?
2. What does Joseph say about the true stuff Astrakhan has used in the documents?
3. Why do Slake and McAlvane say they have brought Joseph in for questioning?
4. What reason does Joanne give for marrying Francis?
5. How does the audience know the fifth scene takes place in the present?
6. Why does Joseph think they should both quit their jobs?
7. What does Astrakhan say about memory in scene four?
8. What does Astrakhan say about memory?
9. How does the technician think a hacker obtained Joseph's personal data?
10. How does Joanne react to seeing fake photographs of herself as a porn star?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Replace the play's New York setting with one of the following cities:
2. Los Angeles.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters Joseph and Astrakhan.
1. What is their relationship to each other?
2. How are their ideas about life different?
3. How do their differences prove to be destructive?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)