|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is McAlvane carrying when he enters Joseph's office?
2. What does Slake say will start if other people see Joseph being interrogated?
3. How does Joseph say he feels about the interrogation?
4. What does Joanne say is Francis's only positive trait?
5. How often does Joseph say he uses his computer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joseph think they should both quit their jobs?
2. What else does Joanne admit about Francis in the second scene?
3. How does the interview get more heated when the FBI officers question Joseph's Internet usage?
4. What does Astrakhan say about memory?
5. Why does Astrakhan say he went to New York?
6. What does Joseph joke about to McAlvane and Slake when they enter his office?
7. Why do Slake and McAlvane say they have brought Joseph in for questioning?
8. What does Astrakhan tell Joseph about his drug habit?
9. What does Astrakhan say he saw when he used Joseph's bathroom?
10. What does Astrakhan tell the audience about Joanne and Joseph's life?
Essay Topic 1
Replace the play's New York setting with one of the following cities:
2. Los Angeles.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is Y2K? Why would the transition cause so many problems? How does Kopit use the hysteria surrounding Y2K to develop fear and tension in his play? How do the authorities safeguard against Y2K?
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)