|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joseph say he is in the hands of?
2. Where was Joseph when he told the author about the interrogation?
3. What does Slake ask Joseph if he is worried about?
4. Who is Joseph accompanied by when he enters the interrogation room?
5. What city did Emma call from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Astrakhan say you need to be a computer hacker?
2. What information does Joseph have about Joanne's affair with Astrakhan?
3. How does Joanne react when she meets Astrakhan for the first time?
4. Summarize the play.
5. Why does Joseph think they should both quit their jobs?
6. What reason does Joanne give for marrying Francis?
7. What does Astrakhan say about memory?
8. How do Astrakhan's claims that he is honest prove to be a lie?
9. What does Joseph know about the hacker?
10. Describe the second argument Joseph and Joanne have in the second scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Replace the play's New York setting with one of the following cities:
2. Los Angeles.
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters Joseph and Astrakhan.
1. What is their relationship to each other?
2. How are their ideas about life different?
3. How do their differences prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)