|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joanne say she accepted the ride?
2. What does Slake say will start if other people see Joseph being interrogated?
3. Who did the man who phoned Emma sound like?
4. Who is Joseph accompanied by when he enters the interrogation room?
5. Where was Joseph when he told the author about the interrogation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Astrakhan say about memory in scene four?
2. What does Astrakhan tell Joseph about his drug habit?
3. How does Astrakhan say he feels when he discovers an entryway?
4. How does Joanne react to seeing fake photographs of herself as a porn star?
5. What did Joseph's lawyer tell him?
6. Why does Astrakhan say he first wrote the short story?
7. How does Joanne react when she meets Astrakhan for the first time?
8. Who is Robert Mapplethorpe?
9. Why does Joseph say he was online for an entire weekend?
10. What does Astrakhan say about people's lives at the end of the fourth scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the construction of Kopit's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Kopit's argument?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)