|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which couple is still married when they met?
2. Where was Joseph when he told the author about the interrogation?
3. Why does Joseph say he cannot stay too long?
4. Who does Joanne say is the only man she truly trusts?
5. What kind of remark was Joanne afraid Francis would say if she said something about Joseph?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Astrakhan say about the process of getting hold of someone's personal data?
2. How does Joanne react when she meets Astrakhan for the first time?
3. What does Joseph tell Joanne was wrong with their computers?
4. What does Astrakhan say he saw when he used Joseph's bathroom?
5. What does Joseph say about the beauty of the Internet?
6. How does the technician think a hacker obtained Joseph's personal data?
7. Why is Joanne so wild in the fourth scene and more restrained in others?
8. What does the second scene say about Joseph and Joanne's relationship?
9. What does Astrakhan say about sniffer programs?
10. What does Astrakhan tell Joseph about his drug habit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)