|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Martyr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jane come into being?
(a) She is a program
(b) She is a product of the instantaneous communication between ansibles
(c) She was created on earth
(d) She was born from two parents as was everyone else
2. What are they trying to research?
(a) A cure for cancer
(b) The length of time it takes for a pulsar to pulse
(c) A new strain of potato
(d) Altering the Virus to make it harmless to humans but stlll able to sustain the piggies
3. What does Miro find most difficult about interacting with people?
(a) That they treat him as though his mind were paralyzed too
(b) That they look at him in disgust
(c) People disdain him in front of him
(d) People always chide him on his irresponsibility for his accident
4. On what does Miro give a lecture?
(a) How to keep a marriage strong
(c) Philotic technology
(d) A class on interstellar mechanics
5. Jane's idea to stop the destruction of Lusitania is to do what?
(a) To write an angry letter to politicians
(b) To drive a ship into the heart of their operations and kill all on board
(c) Deploy three hundred warships to protect the planet
(d) Inhibit ansible communication, although it would mean she would eventually be destroyed
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed on Earth since Valentine and Jakt left?
2. What does Miro reassure Jane with when she is troubled?
3. What disturbs Ender on Lusitania?
4. Where is the emergency meeting held?
5. What four beings does Demosthenes' "Hierarchy of Foreigness" outline?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)