|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes the actor playing Death in Felmet's play forget his lines?
2. To whom does Hwel give a pep talk backstage during the play?
3. When are Granny and Nanny ordered to be arrested?
4. Who tells Magrat all about the play?
5. Who complains that a broom has iced up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tomjon refuse the kingship?
2. How does the Fool realize that he has located whom the king sent him to find?
3. How does Granny compare theater to witchcraft?
4. How does Tomjon diffuse the argument in the dwarf bar?
5. Who speaks up when Felmet orders the witches arrested again? What claim upsets Felmet after he orders them arrested?
6. How does the Fool change Lady Felmet's mind about his strategy to fight the witches with rhetoric? What idea does the Fool's explanation give Lady Felmet?
7. What interrupts Tomjon's dreams while Hwel works on the new play?
8. Explain why the real witches are on stage. Weren't they ordered to be arrested?
9. Explain how Magrat becomes a witch.
10. What convinces Hwel to accept the offer brought to him by the Fool?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are four points of view in which literature is written. They are first person, third person objective, third person limited, and omniscient. Which point of view does the author use in this book? Is this the most effective point of view for this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is a motif? Specifically discuss two motifs in Wyrd Sisters.
Essay Topic 3
What is the primary theme of Wyrd Sisters? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)