|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is convinced that strong men, rather than mere words, change the world?
2. What vision interrupts Tomjohn's sleep?
3. Which witch is responsible for saving Tomjohn's troupe from being robbed as they near the Ramtops?
4. Why does Magrat borrow a crystal ball?
5. What is the vocation of the dwarf offended by the Fool in the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Fool realize that he has located whom the king sent him to find?
2. Discuss the prop that Tomjon lacks in the Lancre play. What does he use for the prop, and what is ironic about it?
3. Explain how Magrat becomes a witch.
4. Explain why Tomjon bolts for the door when he is backstage at the play at Lancre.
5. Why does Magrat's broom fall from the sky during Granny's plan to intervene in the government?
6. What does Hwel realize as the troupe performs his new play enroute to the Ramtops?
7. Why does Felmet begin to protest during the play at Lancre?
8. The Fool convinces Felmet to fight the witches with rhetoric. How does Lady Felmet initially feel about this?
9. How do the real witches decide they can ethically change the course of the play at Lancre?
10. How long does the first kiss between Magrat and the Fool last and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in this novel? Explain the conflict in detail, using both the definition and examples from Wyrd Sisters.
Essay Topic 2
What is the primary theme of Wyrd Sisters? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Granny and Nanny as major characters in Wyrd Sisters.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)