|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls on the Fool's head?
(a) The cat.
(c) The ghost.
2. Who imagines that Tomjohn might leap off the stage and stab Lord Felmet to death?
(a) The Fool.
3. Where will Hwel's new play be performed?
(a) At The Ritz.
(b) On the street.
(c) In Lancre.
(d) In Vitoller Theater.
4. Who falls asleep by Magrat's fireplace?
(c) The new King Verence.
5. Who meets the Fool in the meadow by the lake?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who complains that a broom has iced up?
2. Who suggests going to a dwarf bar?
3. How does Felmet die?
4. Why can't Granny and Nanny hear what Tomjohn is saying as he prepares for his trip to the Ramtops?
5. While Tomjohn waits for the new play to be written, what potion are the witches working on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Fool ask Hwel to do on behalf of Felmet?
2. Discuss the prop that Tomjon lacks in the Lancre play. What does he use for the prop, and what is ironic about it?
3. Why does Tomjon refuse the kingship?
4. Explain why the real witches are on stage. Weren't they ordered to be arrested?
5. How does Tomjon end a brawl that is picked with Hwel?
6. Whom do Tomjon and Hwel see get mugged, and what is unusual about the situation?
7. How does the Fool change Lady Felmet's mind about his strategy to fight the witches with rhetoric? What idea does the Fool's explanation give Lady Felmet?
8. What is Lady Felmet's ultimate demise?
9. What convinces Hwel to accept the offer brought to him by the Fool?
10. The Fool convinces Felmet to fight the witches with rhetoric. How does Lady Felmet initially feel about this?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)