|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is actually arrested at Felmet's play?
(a) The witch actors.
(b) Granny and Nanny.
(c) The Fool.
2. Why does Magrat borrow a crystal ball?
(a) To learn how to use it.
(b) To get it away from Granny.
(c) To spy on the Fool.
(d) To try to fix it.
3. Out on the street again after the barroom brawl, who witnesses a mugging?
(a) The Fool and Tomjohn.
(b) Hwel and the Fool.
(c) Vitroller and Hwel.
(d) Tomjohn and Hwel.
4. Who feeds lines to the stage-frightened character to try to help?
(d) The Fool.
5. Who imagines that Tomjohn might leap off the stage and stab Lord Felmet to death?
(a) The Fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the Fool's training?
2. Why can't Granny and Nanny hear what Tomjohn is saying as he prepares for his trip to the Ramtops?
3. Who falls on the Fool's head?
4. Who rescues the cat from the castle?
5. Why won't the Fool quit his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the prop that Tomjon lacks in the Lancre play. What does he use for the prop, and what is ironic about it?
2. Who speaks up when Felmet orders the witches arrested again? What claim upsets Felmet after he orders them arrested?
3. How does Granny compare theater to witchcraft?
4. What makes the muggers that Tomjon and Hwel witness not quite so bad?
5. Why does Tomjon refuse the kingship?
6. Where does Granny expect to find Tomjon and why?
7. How long does the first kiss between Magrat and the Fool last and why?
8. What interrupts Tomjon's dreams while Hwel works on the new play?
9. How does Granny plan to intervene with the government?
10. What upsets the ghost King Verence during the performance at Lancre?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)