|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is convinced that strong men, rather than mere words, change the world?
(b) Lady Felmet.
(d) The Fool.
2. How far back does the "woman in the funny hat" tell Tomjohn and his troupe they must go back?
(a) One mile.
(b) Seven miles.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Five miles.
3. Who is depicted as being vile in Felmet's play?
4. Out on the street again after the barroom brawl, who witnesses a mugging?
(a) Tomjohn and Hwel.
(b) Vitroller and Hwel.
(c) The Fool and Tomjohn.
(d) Hwel and the Fool.
5. Who is congratulated for his strategy on dealing with the witches?
(a) The king.
(b) The Fool.
(c) The guard.
(d) The ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are Granny and Nanny ordered to be arrested?
2. Why is Tomjon anxious to see the Ramtops?
3. Who are the unlikely actors that join Felmet's play after witches are arrested?
4. What is the name of Vitoller's theater?
5. Whose weakened power leads to a crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Fool convinces Felmet to fight the witches with rhetoric. How does Lady Felmet initially feel about this?
2. How does Tomjon end a brawl that is picked with Hwel?
3. Why does Felmet begin to protest during the play at Lancre?
4. How does the Fool change Lady Felmet's mind about his strategy to fight the witches with rhetoric? What idea does the Fool's explanation give Lady Felmet?
5. What is Lady Felmet's ultimate demise?
6. What convinces Hwel to accept the offer brought to him by the Fool?
7. How long does the first kiss between Magrat and the Fool last and why?
8. Explain how Magrat becomes a witch.
9. What does the Fool ask Hwel to do on behalf of Felmet?
10. How does Granny compare theater to witchcraft?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)