|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is convinced that strong men, rather than mere words, change the world?
(b) Lady Felmet.
(c) The Fool.
2. Who is worried about Tomjohn making the trip to the Ramtops?
(b) The witches.
3. What does the Fool say he wants Hwel to write about?
(a) A love story between a jester and a witch.
(b) A provided plot.
(c) The search of a rightful heir.
(d) A kingdom in ruin.
4. Who will have to fly around the entire kingdom in Granny's plan?
(a) Granny herself.
(c) Magrat and her cat.
5. Who declares that Tomjohn is the heir to the throne?
(c) The Fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the vocation of the dwarf offended by the Fool in the bar?
2. What does the Fool buy for Magrat during his travels?
3. Who is the "woman in the funny hat" that gives Tomjohn's troupe directions when they get lost?
4. Who decides to commission a play?
5. Who becomes the new king after Felmet's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the muggers that Tomjon and Hwel witness not quite so bad?
2. What about the play at Lancre upsets Nanny the most?
3. How do the real witches decide they can ethically change the course of the play at Lancre?
4. The Fool convinces Felmet to fight the witches with rhetoric. How does Lady Felmet initially feel about this?
5. How does Granny plan to intervene with the government?
6. How does Tomjon diffuse the argument in the dwarf bar?
7. What does Magrat notice about the Fool once she gives him a closer look?
8. Explain why Tomjon bolts for the door when he is backstage at the play at Lancre.
9. Where does Granny expect to find Tomjon and why?
10. How long does the first kiss between Magrat and the Fool last and why?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)