|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the play, who invites the women to a pub?
2. Who is an obsessive-compulsive hand washer?
(b) Lady Felmet.
3. What is the weather at the beginning of the story?
4. Who gives the news that rumors are being spread about the witches?
(a) The cat.
(c) The ghost king.
5. Which of these is not a witch in this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests Felmet should abdicate the throne?
2. With what prop does the baby play?
3. Who performs a ritual to determine the Fool's name?
4. After banishing the conjured demon and returning home, what does Granny find when she walks out of her cottage?
5. Whom does the king ask for advice after the people he sent to Granny's house return?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Granny explore on Hogswatchnight, and what does she discover?
2. Discuss Tomjon's first words. How old was he? What did he say?
3. What are the three wishes that the witches bestow upon Tomjon before he leaves with his new family?
4. What obstacles must the Fool and Magrat overcome in order to become a couple?
5. How does the Fool first meet Magrat?
6. Who stops the earthquake and explains why the supernatural event stops?
7. What does the Fool tell Felmet when asked about the witches' role in the earthquake.
8. Who explains the ghostly King Verence's feelings of hunger to him? What is the explanation?
9. What does Felmet point out to Granny when she suggests he abdicate the throne?
10. How exactly does Tomjon get his name?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)