|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Tomjohn when he finally speaks?
2. What do the witches threaten in order to get the demon they conjure to cooperate?
(a) They will torture it with religious songs.
(b) They will make it vanish.
(c) They will weaken it with milk.
(d) They will boil it.
3. Who learns that rumors are being spread about the witches?
(d) The cat.
4. Who unknowingly explains what a play is?
5. What angers the king about witches?
(a) They have cast a spell on him.
(b) They decrease property value.
(c) They don't pay taxes.
(d) They cursed his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny offer to a married couple in the pub?
2. Who says the godchild's name is John?
3. Who was given coins by Magrat?
4. Who threatens to torture Nanny when she is held as prisoner?
5. What cover does Magrat use to gain entrance into the castle through the angry mob of townspeople?
Short Essay Questions
1. After discussing the concerns of the townspeople and the animals, what do Nanny and Granny decide about the new king and what they should do to intervene?
2. To whom do the townspeople turn, and what is their complaint?
3. Who explains the ghostly King Verence's feelings of hunger to him? What is the explanation?
4. What convinces Granny to meddle in political affairs?
5. How does the Fool suggest Felmet could defeat the witches?
6. What angers Felmet about the four tax collectors who went to Granny's house?
7. How does the ghost king get to leave the castle? Why is this important to the story?
8. How exactly does Tomjon get his name?
9. Describe what happens to the chamber door when Magrat casts a spell on it.
10. Describe Discworld and tell how it derives its magic.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)