|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not a witch in this story?
2. Who is handed a bundled baby?
3. Who is initially smitten with Magrat's forest dancing?
(a) The queen.
(b) The fool.
(c) A warlock.
(d) The king.
4. Who is the forgotten king that the ghost gets to meet?
5. Who tries to explain the art of the theater?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the story take place?
2. Which king was responsible for construction of the present day castle?
3. How does Granny think a kingdom's heart might beat?
4. What does the stick replace in the witches' invocation?
5. Who performs a ritual to determine the Fool's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles must the Fool and Magrat overcome in order to become a couple?
2. How do the witches invoke a demon, and what do they learn from the demon?
3. To whom do the townspeople turn, and what is their complaint?
4. Discuss Tomjon's first words. How old was he? What did he say?
5. How does Granny explore on Hogswatchnight, and what does she discover?
6. How does Felmet feel about his newly won kingdom, and what feeling does he get in return?
7. Describe what happens to the chamber door when Magrat casts a spell on it.
8. Who explains the ghostly King Verence's feelings of hunger to him? What is the explanation?
9. What compels the witches to see a play shortly after they acquire the baby?
10. Who stops the earthquake and explains why the supernatural event stops?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)