|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who unknowingly explains what a play is?
2. Who becomes a ghost in the beginning of the story?
(a) King Verence.
(c) Lord Felmet.
(d) Death (the Grim Reaper)
3. What do Lord and Lady Felmet cower under in the prison chamber?
(a) A trembling suit of armor.
(b) Large chains.
(c) A floating sword.
(d) A floating ax.
4. Who is the forgotten king that the ghost gets to meet?
5. Who was the fool's trainer?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) A teacher at fool school.
(c) His father.
(d) The king's special trainer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatens to torture Nanny when she is held as prisoner?
2. Who tells Magrat that Nanny has been taken prisoner?
3. What does the ghost try to move when Nanny is being tortured?
4. What name does Granny settle on for the godchild's name?
5. What does the stick replace in the witches' invocation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who can see King Verence after he becomes a ghost? Who offers him the explanation?
2. Describe what happens to the chamber door when Magrat casts a spell on it.
3. How does the Fool suggest Felmet could defeat the witches?
4. Discuss Tomjon's first words. How old was he? What did he say?
5. What cover does Granny use to try to gain entrance into the castle to save Nanny? How does she get inside?
6. How does the ghost king get to leave the castle? Why is this important to the story?
7. How do the witches acquire a baby?
8. What obstacles must the Fool and Magrat overcome in order to become a couple?
9. To whom do the townspeople turn, and what is their complaint?
10. When Magrat suggests they get the help of more witches to control Felmet and his rumors about witches, Nanny says no. For what reason does Nanny say no?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)