|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Magrat when she is overpowered in the castle?
(b) The ghost.
(c) The Fool.
2. How many jokes does the fool learn from his trainer?
3. Who tells Magrat that Nanny has been taken prisoner?
(c) The fool.
4. What does Nanny go searching for that leads to her being taken prisoner in the castle?
(a) The fool.
(c) Her cat.
(d) A love potion item.
5. Who is handed a bundled baby?
6. Who says that magic is something that one should use less, rather than more, as one grows more experienced?
7. Who tells Magrat where Nanny is being held?
(a) The guard.
(c) The Fool.
(d) The ghost.
8. Who says the godchild's name is John?
9. How many coins does Magrat donate?
10. Who says that witches bring good luck to the community?
(a) The ghost.
(b) The fool.
(c) The chamberlain.
(d) The king.
11. What does the king do after shouting to silence the rumbling of the natural disaster?
(a) Hides from the fool.
(c) Hides from his wife.
(d) Vows to kill the witches.
12. Who performs a ritual to determine the Fool's name?
13. Who suggests that the sisters should each bestow a gift upon the infant before he leaves?
14. How must the witches get rid of the evil person who kills the king?
(a) By revealing the truth.
(b) By causing him much physical pain.
(c) With a disappearing potion.
(d) By making him run away.
15. Who else preens before a mirror, hoping to achieve a look that is both attractive and more witch-seeming?
(b) Simon Says.
(c) Tic Tac Toe.
(d) I Spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which witch seems to be more integrated into the culture of the community?
2. Who becomes a ghost in the beginning of the story?
3. What cover does Magrat use to gain entrance into the castle through the angry mob of townspeople?
4. What do the witches threaten in order to get the demon they conjure to cooperate?
5. What does Nanny remove from the castle?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)