|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the ghost once the witches leave the castle?
(a) Running around the entire kingdom.
(b) Still in the castle.
(c) In the small stone.
(d) In a church.
2. What does the stick replace in the witches' invocation?
(a) A sword.
(b) A branch.
(c) A human sacrifice.
(d) An arm.
3. Where is the ghost trapped?
(a) In a cat's body.
(b) In the castle.
(c) In a turtle shell.
(d) In a tree trunk.
4. Where has the infant's crown been hidden?
(a) In a crow's nest.
(b) In a dog house.
(c) In his diaper bag.
(d) Among the theater props.
5. What do the witches threaten in order to get the demon they conjure to cooperate?
(a) They will weaken it with milk.
(b) They will torture it with religious songs.
(c) They will boil it.
(d) They will make it vanish.
6. What is the ghost king's name?
7. Whom does the king ask for advice after the people he sent to Granny's house return?
(b) Lady Felmet.
8. Who rants and raves at the play?
9. By tradition, which night do witches stay home?
(c) Midsummer Night.
(d) Christmas Eve.
10. Who says the godchild's name is John?
11. What cover does Magrat use to gain entrance into the castle through the angry mob of townspeople?
(b) Apple saleswoman.
(d) Fool's wife.
12. Who is assassinated in the beginning of the story?
(a) Lord Felmet.
(c) Death (the Grim Reaper)
(d) King Verence.
13. Who stabs the ruffian leader who wants to retrieve the bundled baby?
(a) The king.
(b) A warlock hiding in the woods.
(c) One of the witches.
(d) One of his own comrades.
14. What do the witches huddle over in the beginning of the story?
(a) A raven.
(b) A black cat.
(c) The king's body.
(d) A cauldron.
15. How must the witches get rid of the evil person who kills the king?
(a) With a disappearing potion.
(b) By revealing the truth.
(c) By making him run away.
(d) By causing him much physical pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the demon conjured up by the witches say the land wants?
2. Who is the youngest of Nanny's sons?
3. Who performs a ritual to determine the Fool's name?
4. Who suggests revenge against the witches by attacking their reputations?
5. What are Tomjohn's first words?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)