|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Dean give to Mr. Lockwood to pass along to Catherine in Chapter 31?
(b) A note.
(c) Divorce papers.
(d) A locket.
2. How many miles from Gimmerton is Mr. Lockwood when he stops to refresh his horses at an ostler in the beginning of Chapter 32?
(a) 34 miles.
(b) 8 miles.
(c) 14 miles.
(d) 4 miles.
3. Whose chamber are Catherine and Nelly taken to in order to spend the night in Chapter 27?
4. Whom does Linton exhibit great fear of in Chapter 26?
5. Who are Mr. Lockwood's dinner companions during his visit at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 31?
(a) Heathcliff and Michael.
(b) Linton and Edgar.
(c) Frances and Mary.
(d) Heathcliff and Hareton.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Chapter 32 begin?
2. What word from Chapter 20 refers to a unfortunate or unhappy person?
3. Who is the stable-hand that Cathy has been bribing to help her sneak out every day in Chapter 24?
4. Who does Nelly run for when she becomes frightened of Heathcliff's face in Chapter 34?
5. What month is it when Catherine and Nelly depart to visit Linton in the beginning of Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Linton taken in Chapter 20? How does he feel about his circumstances?
2. How does Mrs. Dean describe the encounter between Catherine and Linton at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 23?
3. How is Linton described in Chapter 19? How does Catherine feel about him?
4. How has Cathy's relationship with Linton progressed in Chapter 25?
5. How does Mrs. Dean describe Cathy's behavior after the death of Linton in Chapter 30?
6. How does Catherine feel about her father's return with her cousin in Chapter 19?
7. How does Nelly respond to the encounter between Catherine and Heathcliff in Chapter 22?
8. What does Nelly reveal to Edgar after escaping Wuthering Heights in Chapter 28? How does Edgar respond?
9. How does Linton behave during Catherine and Nelly's visit in Chapter 26?
10. What does Heathcliff reveal about his future plans to Nelly in Chapter 29?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)