|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offered food does Linton refuse to eat at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 20?
(c) Eggs Benedict.
(d) Toast and eggs.
2. How much younger is Linton than Cathy?
(a) 3 years younger.
(b) 6 months younger.
(c) 1 year younger.
(d) 2 years younger.
3. What does Cathy insist to Linton that she wishes he were in Chapter 23?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
4. On what day of the week is Catherine to return to visit Linton in Chapter 26?
5. What is the only building that young Catherine has entered other than her home by the age of thirteen?
(a) Her grandmother's house.
(b) Wuthering Heights.
(c) The Gimmerton chapel.
(d) The London Museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Chapter 32 begin?
2. Why does Catherine say she cannot reply to Nelly's letter in Chapter 31?
3. Where does Nelly discover Cathy's hidden letters in Chapter 21?
4. What word from Chapter 19 means leaving no opportunity for denial or refusal?
5. Whom does Linton exhibit great fear of in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Heathcliff describe his duties to and expectations of his son in Chapter 20?
2. How does Cathy feel about her visit to Wuthering Heights in Chapter 27? Why?
3. What causes the uproar when Catherine and Hareton rearrange the garden at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 33?
4. Where is Linton taken in Chapter 20? How does he feel about his circumstances?
5. What causes the conflict between Catherine and Linton in Chapter 23? How is the conflict resolved?
6. What does Cathy beg of Nelly after her confession in Chapter 24? How does Nelly respond?
7. When does Chapter 32 take place? What does Mr. Lockwood encounter when he approaches Wuthering Heights?
8. What happens when Cathy disappears in Chapter 18? Where is she found?
9. What deception of Catherine's does Nelly discover in Chapter 21? How does Nelly handle the matter?
10. What does Heathcliff reveal about his future plans to Nelly in Chapter 29?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)