|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago does Mrs. Dean tell Mr. Lockwood these events occurred in the beginning of Chapter 25?
(a) 1 month ago.
(b) 2 years ago.
(c) 1 year ago.
(d) 3 years ago.
2. Where is Nelly working when Mr. Lockwood visits in Chapter 32?
(a) Wuthering Heights.
(b) Wharton's Mill.
(c) Thrushcross Grange.
(d) The Gimmerton Inn.
3. Who is the stable-hand that Cathy has been bribing to help her sneak out every day in Chapter 24?
4. Who are Mr. Lockwood's dinner companions during his visit at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 31?
(a) Frances and Mary.
(b) Linton and Edgar.
(c) Heathcliff and Michael.
(d) Heathcliff and Hareton.
5. What offered food does Linton refuse to eat at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 20?
(c) Toast and eggs.
(d) Eggs Benedict.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only building that young Catherine has entered other than her home by the age of thirteen?
2. How long ago does Nelly say that Mr. Heathcliff died in Chapter 32?
3. When does Nelly say that Catherine and Hareton will marry in Chapter 34?
4. What is Nelly's response when Edgar asks why Linton has not written or visited in Chapter 25?
5. For how long does Zillah say Cathy stayed upstairs after Linton's death in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Edgar consent to allow Cathy to make a visit to Linton in Chapter 25? Is this a wise choice?
2. What causes the uproar when Catherine and Hareton rearrange the garden at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 33?
3. What deception of Catherine's does Nelly discover in Chapter 21? How does Nelly handle the matter?
4. How does Catherine feel about her father's return with her cousin in Chapter 19?
5. What leads to the encounter between Catherine and Heathcliff in the beginning of Chapter 21?
6. How does Cathy feel about her visit to Wuthering Heights in Chapter 27? Why?
7. Where does Linton meet Cathy and Nelly in Chapter 26? Why does he meet them at this location?
8. What causes the conflict between Catherine and Linton in Chapter 23? How is the conflict resolved?
9. How does Heathcliff describe his duties to and expectations of his son in Chapter 20?
10. How does Cathy obtain Nelly's letter in Chapter 31? What does she tell Mr. Lockwood regarding a response?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)