|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is Linton from his home when Catherine and Nelly meet him in Chapter 25?
(a) A quarter of a mile.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) Three quarters of a mile.
(d) 4 miles.
2. Where does Nelly say that Catherine and Hareton will live after they marry in Chapter 34?
(b) Thrushcross Grange.
(c) Wuthering Heights.
3. What animal does Heathcliff forbid Catherine taking with her to Wuthering Heights in Chapter 29?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her pony.
(c) Her cat.
(d) Her goat.
4. What word from Chapter 33 refers to the inner drive that causes a person to perform actions against his or her will?
5. How does Catherine feel about her visit with Linton in Chapter 26?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person that appears to actually mourn for Heathcliff after his death?
2. For how long does Edgar go away in order to see Isabella as she is dying in Chapter 18?
3. Whom does Nelly say she expects Catherine will marry in Chapter 32?
4. Who has Linton left all of his inheritance to in his will in Chapter 30?
5. Who nurses Nelly to health when she becomes ill in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to Catherine's change of heart regarding visiting the Heights in Chapter 22?
2. What causes the uproar when Catherine and Hareton rearrange the garden at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 33?
3. What happens when Cathy disappears in Chapter 18? Where is she found?
4. How has Cathy's relationship with Linton progressed in Chapter 25?
5. Where is Linton taken in Chapter 20? How does he feel about his circumstances?
6. What does Nelly reveal to Edgar after escaping Wuthering Heights in Chapter 28? How does Edgar respond?
7. What leads to the encounter between Catherine and Heathcliff in the beginning of Chapter 21?
8. How does Heathcliff describe his duties to and expectations of his son in Chapter 20?
9. When does Chapter 32 take place? What does Mr. Lockwood encounter when he approaches Wuthering Heights?
10. What deception of Catherine's does Nelly discover in Chapter 24?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)