|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the family that lives at Thrushcross Grange when Catherine and Heathcliff are children?
(a) The Lintons.
(b) The Earnshaws.
(c) The McCrarys.
(d) The Andersons.
2. What month is it when Catherine first leaves her chamber after suffering from a brain fever in Chapter 13?
3. How many months premature is Catherine's daughter born in Chapter 16?
(a) 4 months' premature.
(b) 3 months' premature.
(c) 2 months' premature.
(d) 1 month premature.
4. Whom does Mrs. Dean describe as "the wearisomest self-righteous Pharisee that ever ransacked a Bible to rake the promises to himself and fling the curses to his neighbours" in Chapter 5?
5. What weapon does Hindley threaten Nelly with in Chapter 9?
(a) A knife.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A billy club.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nelly tells Edgar about Isabella's letter in Chapter 14, he tells her that if Isabella wants to oblige his wishes, then she should convince her husband to do what?
2. Where does Catherine move after marrying Edgar?
3. Who is Catherine's brother married to in the diary entries from Chapter 3?
4. For how many months have Isabella and Heathcliff been absent in the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. What does Nelly send the man-servant to buy in the village for Catherine in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Heathcliff respond to Catherine when she accuses him of using Isabella to hurt her in Chapter 11?
2. How does the atmosphere of the Earnshaw home change when Hindley returns in Chapter 6?
3. How long does Catherine stay at Thrushcross Grange in Chapter 7? How is she different when she returns to Wuthering Heights?
4. What causes the conflict when Mr. Lockwood leaves Wuthering Heights in Chapter 2?
5. What leads to Catherine and Heathcliff's disappearance in Chapter 6?
6. What secret does Catherine tell Nelly in Chapter 9? Why is Catherine conflicted about this secret?
7. What dream does Mr. Lockwood have when he drifts off in Chapter 3?
8. What causes the conflicts in the Earnshaw household that Mrs. Dean describes in Chapter 5?
9. What leads Nelly to visit the Heights in Chapter 11? What does she encounter when she arrives there?
10. What does Nelly encounter when she travels to Wuthering Heights in Chapter 14?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)