|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine compare her love for Edgar with in Chapter 9?
(a) Eternal rocks.
(b) Feathers in the wind.
(c) Smoke from a campfire.
(d) Foliage in the woods.
2. Whom does Heathcliff say he blames for Catherine's illness in Chapter 13?
(c) Mr. Kenneth.
3. Whom does Heathcliff vow to have revenge on in Chapter 7?
(a) Mr. Earnshaw.
4. What is the name of the estate that Mr. Lockwood has rented from Mr. Heathcliff?
(a) Wildes Estate.
(b) Wuthering Heights.
(c) Thrushcross Grange.
5. Where does Heathcliff say he is staying the night when he visits Catherine in Chapter 10?
(b) Thrushcross Grange.
(d) Wuthering Heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting to see Catherine when Mrs. Dean returns to Thrushcross Grange in Chapter 14?
2. What is the name of the son that Isabella gives birth to in the south of England?
3. When Nelly tells Edgar about Isabella's letter in Chapter 14, he tells her that if Isabella wants to oblige his wishes, then she should convince her husband to do what?
4. Whom does Mrs. Dean describe as "the wearisomest self-righteous Pharisee that ever ransacked a Bible to rake the promises to himself and fling the curses to his neighbours" in Chapter 5?
5. What color are Edgar Linton's eyes described as in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the cause of the conflict between Catherine and Heathcliff in Chapter 8?
2. In what year does the novel begin? Where is Mr. Lockwood when his character is first introduced?
3. How is the room described that Mr. Lockwood stays in at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 3?
4. What secret does Catherine tell Nelly in Chapter 9? Why is Catherine conflicted about this secret?
5. How does Mrs. Dean describe the changes in the Earnshaw household after the birth of Hareton in Chapter 8?
6. What causes the conflicts in the Earnshaw household that Mrs. Dean describes in Chapter 5?
7. Why does Nelly delay giving Catherine the letter in Chapter 15? What is the consequence of this delay?
8. What events and circumstances at Wuthering Heights does Nelly learn about in Chapter 17?
9. What is foreshadowed through Isabella's behavior toward Heathcliff in Chapter 10?
10. How does Mrs. Dean describe Catherine's death in Chapter 16? When does Catherine die?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)