|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Isabella say she was injured by Heathcliff before fleeing his home in Chapter 17?
(a) He shot her in the arm.
(b) He stabbed her in the arm.
(c) He stabbed her in the neck.
(d) He shot her in the leg.
2. What is the name of Isabella's springer spaniel that is caught up and choking from a handkerchief in Chapter 12?
3. Who is the maid at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 2?
4. Who is Catherine's brother married to in the diary entries from Chapter 3?
5. What year does Mr. Lockwood see on the gate to Mr. Heathcliff's estate in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the maid's story, where did Isabella and Heathcliff stop to have a horse's shoe fastened at a blacksmith in Chapter 12?
2. Where does Catherine describe a fairy cave in her delusion in Chapter 12?
3. How long has it been since Nelly left Hareton at the Earnshaws' estate in Chapter 11?
4. How is Catherine injured at Thrushcross Grange in Chapter 6?
5. Whom does Mrs. Dean go to retrieve when Catherine becomes delusional in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Nelly to visit the Heights in Chapter 11? What does she encounter when she arrives there?
2. How is the room described that Mr. Lockwood stays in at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 3?
3. How is Mr. Heathcliff's estate described in Chapter 1? Where is this estate in relation to Thrushcross Grange?
4. What causes the conflict between Heathcliff and Edgar in Chapter 7? How is Heathcliff punished?
5. What is foreshadowed through Isabella's behavior toward Heathcliff in Chapter 10?
6. What is the cause of the conflict between Catherine and Heathcliff in Chapter 8?
7. What violent conflict occurs when Hindley returns home in Chapter 9?
8. What dream does Mr. Lockwood have when he drifts off in Chapter 3?
9. What secret does Catherine tell Nelly in Chapter 9? Why is Catherine conflicted about this secret?
10. How does Mrs. Dean describe Catherine's behavior when she first encounters her in her room in Chapter 12?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)