|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Linton exhibit great fear of in Chapter 26?
2. Where has it been rumored that Nelly became lost in Chapter 28?
(a) The marsh.
(b) The Pinnacles.
3. On what day of the week is Catherine to return to visit Linton in Chapter 26?
4. Who are Mr. Lockwood's dinner companions during his visit at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 31?
(a) Heathcliff and Hareton.
(b) Heathcliff and Michael.
(c) Linton and Edgar.
(d) Frances and Mary.
5. Heathcliff tells Nelly in Chapter 20 that he has arranged for a tutor to visit his son how frequently to attend to his education?
(a) 5 days a week.
(b) 3 days a month.
(c) 2 days a week.
(d) 3 days a week.
6. What is Nelly's response when Edgar asks why Linton has not written or visited in Chapter 25?
(a) He is likely ill.
(b) He is forbidden.
(c) He is illiterate.
(d) He is likely angry.
7. Who accompanies Cathy on a walk around Wuthering Heights in Chapter 21?
8. How long ago does Mrs. Dean tell Mr. Lockwood these events occurred in the beginning of Chapter 25?
(a) 3 years ago.
(b) 1 year ago.
(c) 1 month ago.
(d) 2 years ago.
9. What word from Chapter 19 means characterized by displeasure at something considered unjust or offensive?
10. What plants of Joseph's does Hareton dig up from the yard at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 33?
(a) Daisies and rosebushes.
(b) Currant and gooseberry bushes.
(c) Palm trees and juniper bushes.
(d) Blueberry and strawberry bushes.
11. What word, meaning devilish or fiendish, does Edgar use to describe Heathcliff in Chapter 21?
12. Who is the only person that appears to actually mourn for Heathcliff after his death?
13. What does Catherine ask of Nelly after she confesses about her recent visits to Wuthering Heights in Chapter 24?
(a) She asks Nelly not to tell her mother.
(b) She asks Nelly not to tell her father.
(c) She asks Nelly to call on Heathcliff.
(d) She asks Nelly to call on Linton.
14. Who nurses Nelly to health when she becomes ill in Chapter 23?
15. How much younger is Linton than Cathy?
(a) 1 year younger.
(b) 6 months younger.
(c) 2 years younger.
(d) 3 years younger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nelly working when Mr. Lockwood visits in Chapter 32?
2. How long has it been since Cathy has seen Linton when they meet in Chapter 26?
3. Whose union does Heathcliff say it is his intention to oversee in Chapter 21?
4. For how long does Zillah say Cathy stayed upstairs after Linton's death in Chapter 30?
5. What does Heathcliff say he has bribed the sexton to do once he dies in Chapter 29?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)