|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years does Heathcliff say Catherine has disturbed him night and day in Chapter 29?
2. When does Linton tell Cathy they are to be married when she is locked in his house in Chapter 27?
(a) Tomorrow morning.
(b) In one year.
(c) Next week.
(d) In a month.
3. Whom does Nelly find young Catherine talking to at Wuthering Heights after she has stolen away from home in Chapter 18?
4. What month is it when Catherine convinces her father to let her meet Linton in the land between their estates in Chapter 25?
5. What is Nelly's response when Edgar asks why Linton has not written or visited in Chapter 25?
(a) He is likely angry.
(b) He is forbidden.
(c) He is illiterate.
(d) He is likely ill.
6. How far is Linton from his home when Catherine and Nelly meet him in Chapter 25?
(a) 4 miles.
(b) Three quarters of a mile.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) A quarter of a mile.
7. Who has been sent to retrieve Linton to Wuthering Heights in Chapter 19?
8. How long has it been since Cathy has seen Linton when they meet in Chapter 26?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 4 years.
9. What does Hareton do that offends and upsets Catherine in Chapter 30?
(a) He gives her a ring.
(b) He touches her hair.
(c) He speaks to her.
(d) He reads her a poem.
10. What word, meaning devilish or fiendish, does Edgar use to describe Heathcliff in Chapter 21?
11. How does Catherine feel about her visit with Linton in Chapter 26?
12. Who are Mr. Lockwood's dinner companions during his visit at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 31?
(a) Heathcliff and Michael.
(b) Frances and Mary.
(c) Heathcliff and Hareton.
(d) Linton and Edgar.
13. How old does Cathy turn on her birthday in Chapter 21?
14. What month is it when Catherine and Nelly depart to visit Linton in the beginning of Chapter 27?
15. What does Heathcliff tell Nelly he longs for in Chapter 33?
(a) Linton's love.
(c) Eternal life.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Edgar go away in order to see Isabella as she is dying in Chapter 18?
2. Who is the only person that appears to actually mourn for Heathcliff after his death?
3. What does Cathy insist to Linton that she wishes he were in Chapter 23?
4. How much older is Hareton than Catherine?
5. What does Nelly go to fetch, leaving Cathy alone in the woods, in Chapter 22?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)