|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Cathy turn on her birthday in Chapter 21?
2. At what time does Mr. Lockwood arrive at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 31?
(a) 3:00 p.m.
(b) 11:00 a.m.
(c) 12:00 a.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
3. What word from Chapter 20 refers to a unfortunate or unhappy person?
4. Whom does Heathcliff tell Catherine to eat her dinner with while Mr. Lockwood is visiting in Chapter 31?
5. Where does Mr. Lockwood say he is going to spend the next six months at the end of Chapter 30?
(a) In New York.
(b) In Liverpool.
(c) In Scotland.
(d) In London.
6. Whose union does Heathcliff say it is his intention to oversee in Chapter 21?
(a) Isabella and Heathcliff's.
(b) Mary and Hareton's.
(c) Cathy and Linton's.
(d) Cathy and Edgar's.
7. Where does Nelly discover Cathy's hidden letters in Chapter 21?
(a) In her bedroom dresser drawer.
(b) In a kitchen cabinet.
(c) In a drawer in the library.
(d) Under her pillow.
8. What word used by Nelly in Chapter 33 refers to a psychosis characterized by obsessions with one idea or group of ideas?
9. When does the feast of Michaelmas occur?
(a) September 29.
(b) June 3.
(c) October 14.
(d) March 12.
10. Who accompanies Cathy on a walk around Wuthering Heights in Chapter 21?
11. What is Nelly's response when Edgar asks why Linton has not written or visited in Chapter 25?
(a) He is likely angry.
(b) He is illiterate.
(c) He is forbidden.
(d) He is likely ill.
12. What word from Chapter 33 refers to the inner drive that causes a person to perform actions against his or her will?
13. What does the word "avaricious" mean in Chapter 25?
14. When does Edgar agree to allow Linton to leave and go to Wuthering Heights in Chapter 19?
(a) The following week.
(b) The following year.
(c) The following month.
(d) The following day.
15. Who holds the door against Nelly and won't let her enter when she comes to Wuthering Heights to check on Catherine in Chapter 30?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cathy encounter in the woods when she is left alone in Chapter 22?
2. Who is to act as guardian of Catherine when she visits Linton in Chapter 25?
3. Who is cursing Nelly for singing when Mr. Lockwood arrives in Chapter 32?
4. How long ago does Mrs. Dean tell Mr. Lockwood these events occurred in the beginning of Chapter 25?
5. What does Mrs. Dean give to Mr. Lockwood to pass along to Catherine in Chapter 31?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)