|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the stable-hand that Cathy has been bribing to help her sneak out every day in Chapter 24?
2. What does Hareton do that offends and upsets Catherine in Chapter 30?
(a) He reads her a poem.
(b) He touches her hair.
(c) He gives her a ring.
(d) He speaks to her.
3. Where has it been rumored that Nelly became lost in Chapter 28?
(b) The marsh.
(d) The Pinnacles.
4. What month is it when Catherine and Nelly depart to visit Linton in the beginning of Chapter 27?
5. When does Nelly say that Catherine and Hareton will marry in Chapter 34?
(a) July 23.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) Christmas Day.
6. Heathcliff tells Nelly in Chapter 20 that he has arranged for a tutor to visit his son how frequently to attend to his education?
(a) 2 days a week.
(b) 5 days a week.
(c) 3 days a week.
(d) 3 days a month.
7. For how long does Zillah say Cathy stayed upstairs after Linton's death in Chapter 30?
(a) Two years.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
8. Whose union does Heathcliff say it is his intention to oversee in Chapter 21?
(a) Cathy and Linton's.
(b) Mary and Hareton's.
(c) Cathy and Edgar's.
(d) Isabella and Heathcliff's.
9. What plants of Joseph's does Hareton dig up from the yard at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 33?
(a) Palm trees and juniper bushes.
(b) Daisies and rosebushes.
(c) Currant and gooseberry bushes.
(d) Blueberry and strawberry bushes.
10. What word from Chapter 33 refers to the inner drive that causes a person to perform actions against his or her will?
11. Who holds the door against Nelly and won't let her enter when she comes to Wuthering Heights to check on Catherine in Chapter 30?
12. Who arrives to let Nelly out of the room she's been locked in, in Chapter 28?
13. Whom does Nelly say she expects Catherine will marry in Chapter 32?
14. What month is it when Catherine convinces her father to let her meet Linton in the land between their estates in Chapter 25?
15. How many miles from Gimmerton is Mr. Lockwood when he stops to refresh his horses at an ostler in the beginning of Chapter 32?
(a) 14 miles.
(b) 34 miles.
(c) 8 miles.
(d) 4 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine say she cannot reply to Nelly's letter in Chapter 31?
2. Who comes looking for Catherine and Nelly at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 27?
3. What month is it when Heathcliff leaves home overnight and returns home overjoyed in Chapter 34?
4. Who is the maid that Linton calls for in Chapter 23?
5. On what day of the week is Catherine to return to visit Linton in Chapter 26?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)