|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of young Catherine's pony in Chapter 18?
2. Who is the lawyer that Edgar sends for in Chapter 28?
(a) Mr. Williams.
(b) Mr. Green.
(c) Mr. Kenneth.
(d) Mr. Anderson.
3. What animal does Heathcliff forbid Catherine taking with her to Wuthering Heights in Chapter 29?
(a) Her cat.
(b) Her pony.
(c) Her goat.
(d) Her dog.
4. What does the word "avaricious" mean in Chapter 25?
5. Where does Nelly discover Cathy's hidden letters in Chapter 21?
(a) Under her pillow.
(b) In a drawer in the library.
(c) In her bedroom dresser drawer.
(d) In a kitchen cabinet.
6. Whose chamber are Catherine and Nelly taken to in order to spend the night in Chapter 27?
7. How does Heathcliff say he feels about his son when he first sees him in Chapter 20?
8. Whom does Linton exhibit great fear of in Chapter 26?
9. What is the only building that young Catherine has entered other than her home by the age of thirteen?
(a) Wuthering Heights.
(b) Her grandmother's house.
(c) The Gimmerton chapel.
(d) The London Museum.
10. Whom does Cathy encounter in the woods when she is left alone in Chapter 22?
11. Who is to act as guardian of Catherine when she visits Linton in Chapter 25?
12. Who accompanies Cathy on a walk around Wuthering Heights in Chapter 21?
13. For how many years does Heathcliff say Catherine has disturbed him night and day in Chapter 29?
14. Who has Linton left all of his inheritance to in his will in Chapter 30?
15. What stipulation does Edgar make in his letter to Wuthering Heights in the conclusion of Chapter 24?
(a) Heathcluff must apologize.
(b) Catherine may visit Linton, but he may not enter Thrushcross Grange.
(c) Linton must stop writing.
(d) Linton may visit Catherine, but Catherine cannot visit Wuthering Heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Cathy been giving to the stable-hand so that he will help her sneak away from the estate daily in Chapter 24?
2. What month is it when Catherine and Nelly depart to visit Linton in the beginning of Chapter 27?
3. Where is Nelly working when Mr. Lockwood visits in Chapter 32?
4. What does Hareton do that offends and upsets Catherine in Chapter 30?
5. When does Edgar agree to allow Linton to leave and go to Wuthering Heights in Chapter 19?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)