|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nelly send the man-servant to buy in the village for Catherine in Chapter 15?
2. What year does Mr. Lockwood see on the gate to Mr. Heathcliff's estate in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Heathcliff tell Nelly he will stay the night and wait for further word about Catherine's condition in Chapter 15?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the stables.
(c) At his home.
(d) In Gimmerton.
4. What is the name of the rugged youth that lets Mr. Lockwood into Wuthering Heights in Chapter 2?
5. Whom does Heathcliff kiss in Chapter 11, causing an uproar in the Linton household?
6. For how long does Mr. Lockwood say he's been sick in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
7. How long after childbirth does Catherine die in Chapter 16?
(a) 2 months later.
(b) 2 days later.
(c) 2 weeks later.
(d) 2 hours later.
8. Who are the children that are fighting at Thrushcross Grange when Heathcliff and Catherine go there in Chapter 6?
(a) Hindley and Linton.
(b) Edgar and Isabella.
(c) Linton and Amy.
(d) Sarah and Robert.
9. How old is Heathcliff in Chapter 8?
10. What is the title of the book on the shelf that Mr. Lockwood sees as he dozes off in Chapter 3?
(a) The Pickwick Papers.
(b) Oliver Twist.
(c) Seventy Times Seven, and the First of the Seventy First.
(d) The Year of the Dark Warrior.
11. Whom does Heathcliff vow to have revenge on in Chapter 7?
(c) Mr. Earnshaw.
12. Where does Heathcliff say Joseph is loading lime in Chapter 8?
(a) By Penistone Crags.
(b) Near Liverpool.
(c) In Gimmerton.
(d) In East Flats.
13. For how long does Nelly hold onto Heathcliff's letter before she gives it to Catherine in Chapter 15?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 3 days.
14. Where does Mr. Earnshaw discover Heathcliff as an orphan?
15. How does Isabella say she was injured by Heathcliff before fleeing his home in Chapter 17?
(a) He stabbed her in the arm.
(b) He shot her in the leg.
(c) He stabbed her in the neck.
(d) He shot her in the arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the dirty and savage child that Isabella greets when she first arrives at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 13?
2. What does Nelly eventually agree to do under Heathcliff's insistence in Chapter 14?
3. How does Heathcliff say he intends to gain ownership of the Earnshaws' estate in Chapter 10?
4. How old is Hindley when Heathcliff is brought into the Earnshaw home?
5. What is the name of Isabella's springer spaniel that is caught up and choking from a handkerchief in Chapter 12?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)