|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the maid's story, where did Isabella and Heathcliff stop to have a horse's shoe fastened at a blacksmith in Chapter 12?
(a) Outside London.
(b) At Thrushcross Grange.
(c) Outside Gimmerton.
(d) Outside Liverpool.
2. What color are Edgar Linton's eyes described as in Chapter 7?
3. What month is it when Catherine first leaves her chamber after suffering from a brain fever in Chapter 13?
4. Whom does Mrs. Dean go to retrieve when Catherine becomes delusional in Chapter 12?
(b) Mr. Kenneth.
5. For how long does Mr. Lockwood say he's been sick in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
6. For how long does Cathy stay at Thrushcross Grange to recuperate in Chapter 7?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
7. Whom does Heathcliff vow to have revenge on in Chapter 7?
(b) Mr. Earnshaw.
8. What does Mrs. Dean say is the maiden name of the girl Catherine living at Mr. Heathcliff's home in Chapter 4?
9. How many years after her father's death does Catherine marry Edgar?
(a) 3 years later.
(b) 4 years later.
(c) 5 years later.
(d) 2 years later.
10. How long after childbirth does Catherine die in Chapter 16?
(a) 2 weeks later.
(b) 2 days later.
(c) 2 hours later.
(d) 2 months later.
11. How many months premature is Catherine's daughter born in Chapter 16?
(a) 1 month premature.
(b) 4 months' premature.
(c) 3 months' premature.
(d) 2 months' premature.
12. Where does Heathcliff say Joseph is loading lime in Chapter 8?
(a) By Penistone Crags.
(b) Near Liverpool.
(c) In East Flats.
(d) In Gimmerton.
13. Who is the elderly male servant at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 2?
14. What is the name of Catherine Earnshaw's adopted brother?
15. How many years does Mrs. Dean say she has worked at the estate in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What dish does Heathcliff dump onto Edgar Linton in Chapter 7?
2. How old is Cathy in Chapter 8 when Mrs. Dean describes her as "the queen of the country-side"?
3. What does the word "paroxysm" from Chapter 15 refer to?
4. What word from Chapter 5 refers to a member of the clergy, particularly of the Anglican church?
5. During what month does Mr. Earnshaw die in Chapter 5?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)