|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the doctor that attends to Frances when Hareton is born in Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Kingsley.
(b) Mr. Kenneth.
(c) Dr. Williams.
(d) Mr. Frank.
2. Who is Catherine's brother married to in the diary entries from Chapter 3?
3. For how long has Heathcliff been away when he appears at Thrushcross Grange in Chapter 10?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
4. In what country is Wuthering Heights set?
(d) The United States.
5. Where does Edgar punch Heathcliff in Chapter 11?
(a) In the arm.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the gut.
(d) In the throat.
6. What is the name of the estate where Mr. Heathcliff lives in Chapter 1?
(b) Thrushcross Grange.
(c) Ridley's Park.
(d) Wuthering Heights.
7. What color are Edgar Linton's eyes described as in Chapter 7?
8. What is the name of the rugged youth that lets Mr. Lockwood into Wuthering Heights in Chapter 2?
9. How does Heathcliff say he intends to gain ownership of the Earnshaws' estate in Chapter 10?
(a) By drilling for oil on it.
(b) Through political back-doors.
(c) By buying it outright.
(d) Through gambling.
10. Who does Heathcliff ask for help in cleaning up in Chapter 7?
(b) Mrs. Dean.
11. How long has it been since Nelly left Hareton at the Earnshaws' estate in Chapter 11?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
12. What year does Mr. Lockwood see on the gate to Mr. Heathcliff's estate in Chapter 1?
13. On what day of the week is Catherine's funeral in Chapter 16?
14. For how many months have Isabella and Heathcliff been absent in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
15. What ultimatum does Edgar present to Catherine in Chapter 11?
(a) Her marriage or her friendship with Heathcliff.
(b) Her friendship with Joseph or her marriage.
(c) She must move to Wuthering Heights or leave the country.
(d) Her employment of Nelly or her marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Heathcliff vow to have revenge on in Chapter 7?
2. Whom does Mrs. Dean describe as "the wearisomest self-righteous Pharisee that ever ransacked a Bible to rake the promises to himself and fling the curses to his neighbours" in Chapter 5?
3. What is the name of Catherine Earnshaw's adopted brother?
4. Who is the maid at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 2?
5. How old is Hindley when Heathcliff is brought into the Earnshaw home?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)