|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after childbirth does Catherine die in Chapter 16?
(a) 2 days later.
(b) 2 hours later.
(c) 2 months later.
(d) 2 weeks later.
2. What is the name of the bride that Hindley brings home in Chapter 6?
3. How many years after her father's death does Catherine marry Edgar?
(a) 3 years later.
(b) 2 years later.
(c) 5 years later.
(d) 4 years later.
4. What does Nelly send the man-servant to buy in the village for Catherine in Chapter 15?
5. For how many months have Isabella and Heathcliff been absent in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
6. What is the name of the son that Isabella gives birth to in the south of England?
7. What does Heathcliff place in the locket Catherine wears in her death-bed in Chapter 16?
(a) A gemstone.
(b) A photograph.
(d) A lock of his hair.
8. How does Isabella say Hindley attempted killing Heathcliff in Chapter 17?
(a) He tried to poison him.
(b) He tried to smother him.
(c) He tried to shoot him.
(d) He tried to hang him.
9. What weapon does Hindley threaten Nelly with in Chapter 9?
(a) A billy club.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
10. What word used in Chapter 5 refers to a depraved or wicked person?
11. What is the name of the family that lives at Thrushcross Grange when Catherine and Heathcliff are children?
(a) The McCrarys.
(b) The Earnshaws.
(c) The Lintons.
(d) The Andersons.
12. What is the name of Catherine Earnshaw's adopted brother?
13. What year does Mr. Lockwood see on the gate to Mr. Heathcliff's estate in Chapter 1?
14. For how long does Cathy stay at Thrushcross Grange to recuperate in Chapter 7?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
15. Whom does Heathcliff vow to have revenge on in Chapter 7?
(b) Mr. Earnshaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the estate where Mr. Heathcliff lives in Chapter 1?
2. Who is the elderly male servant at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 2?
3. What does the word "paroxysm" from Chapter 15 refer to?
4. Where does Catherine describe a fairy cave in her delusion in Chapter 12?
5. What is the name of Catherine Earnshaw's older brother?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)