|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does young Hareton do when he first sees Nelly outside of his family's home in Chapter 11?
(a) He runs to get his father.
(b) He kisses her repeatedly.
(c) He runs crying into her arms.
(d) He throws rocks at her.
2. When Nelly tells Edgar about Isabella's letter in Chapter 14, he tells her that if Isabella wants to oblige his wishes, then she should convince her husband to do what?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Leave the country.
(c) Sell Wuthering Heights to Edgar.
(d) File for divorce.
3. On what day of the week is Catherine's funeral in Chapter 16?
4. Where does Nelly go to fetch the doctor after Mr. Earnshaw dies in Chapter 5?
5. What does Catherine compare her love for Edgar with in Chapter 9?
(a) Feathers in the wind.
(b) Foliage in the woods.
(c) Eternal rocks.
(d) Smoke from a campfire.
6. In what country is Wuthering Heights set?
(a) The United States.
7. What does Nelly send the man-servant to buy in the village for Catherine in Chapter 15?
8. What does Isabella do with her wedding ring in Chapter 17?
(a) She gives it to Nelly.
(b) She pawns it.
(c) She throws it into the fire.
(d) She gives it to Catherine.
9. How old is Hindley when Heathcliff is brought into the Earnshaw home?
10. What weapon does Hindley threaten Nelly with in Chapter 9?
(a) A gun.
(b) A billy club.
(c) A knife.
(d) A baseball bat.
11. What word used in Chapter 5 refers to a depraved or wicked person?
12. What word from Chapter 14 means to express sharp, stern disapproval of something?
13. For how long has Heathcliff been away when he appears at Thrushcross Grange in Chapter 10?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
14. What is the name of the family that lives at Thrushcross Grange when Catherine and Heathcliff are children?
(a) The Earnshaws.
(b) The McCrarys.
(c) The Lintons.
(d) The Andersons.
15. What are the children at Thrushcross Grange fighting over when Heathcliff and Catherine go there in Chapter 6?
(a) A doll.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A toy truck.
(d) A kitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after childbirth does Catherine die in Chapter 16?
2. For how long does Nelly hold onto Heathcliff's letter before she gives it to Catherine in Chapter 15?
3. Where does Edgar punch Heathcliff in Chapter 11?
4. What dish does Heathcliff dump onto Edgar Linton in Chapter 7?
5. Whom does Mrs. Dean go to retrieve when Catherine becomes delusional in Chapter 12?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)