|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Shakespearean play is alluded to in Chapter 2 when Mr. Lockwood is held down by Mr. Heathcliff's dogs?
(a) King Lear.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
2. What word from Chapter 19 means characterized by displeasure at something considered unjust or offensive?
3. Why does Isabella say Hindley did not attend Catherine's funeral in Chapter 17?
(a) He hated Catherine.
(b) He has pneumonia.
(c) He couldn't stay sober.
(d) He has become suicidal.
4. How does Heathcliff say he feels about his son when he first sees him in Chapter 20?
5. What does Isabella do with her wedding ring in Chapter 17?
(a) She gives it to Catherine.
(b) She gives it to Nelly.
(c) She throws it into the fire.
(d) She pawns it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the lawyer that Edgar sends for in Chapter 28?
2. For how long does Edgar go away in order to see Isabella as she is dying in Chapter 18?
3. How does Isabella say Hindley attempted killing Heathcliff in Chapter 17?
4. Whose union does Heathcliff say it is his intention to oversee in Chapter 21?
5. Whom does Mrs. Dean go to retrieve when Catherine becomes delusional in Chapter 12?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)