|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Heathcliff ask for help in cleaning up in Chapter 7?
(a) Mrs. Dean.
2. Where does Heathcliff say he is staying the night when he visits Catherine in Chapter 10?
(b) Thrushcross Grange.
(c) Wuthering Heights.
3. When Nelly tells Edgar about Isabella's letter in Chapter 14, he tells her that if Isabella wants to oblige his wishes, then she should convince her husband to do what?
(a) Leave the country.
(b) Sell Wuthering Heights to Edgar.
(c) File for divorce.
(d) Kill himself.
4. What is the title of the book on the shelf that Mr. Lockwood sees as he dozes off in Chapter 3?
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) Seventy Times Seven, and the First of the Seventy First.
(c) The Year of the Dark Warrior.
(d) The Pickwick Papers.
5. For how long has Heathcliff been away when he appears at Thrushcross Grange in Chapter 10?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the children at Thrushcross Grange fighting over when Heathcliff and Catherine go there in Chapter 6?
2. Whom does Heathcliff vow to have revenge on in Chapter 7?
3. What does young Hareton do when he first sees Nelly outside of his family's home in Chapter 11?
4. During what month does Mr. Earnshaw die in Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of Catherine Earnshaw's older brother?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)