|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after her father's death does Catherine marry Edgar?
(a) 3 years later.
(b) 2 years later.
(c) 4 years later.
(d) 5 years later.
2. For how long has Heathcliff been away when he appears at Thrushcross Grange in Chapter 10?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
3. What weapon does Hindley threaten Nelly with in Chapter 9?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A knife.
(c) A billy club.
(d) A gun.
4. For how long does Cathy stay at Thrushcross Grange to recuperate in Chapter 7?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
5. What dish does Heathcliff dump onto Edgar Linton in Chapter 7?
(a) Roast turkey.
(b) Hot gravy.
(c) A cherry pie.
(d) Hot applesauce.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Mrs. Dean say she has worked at the estate in Chapter 4?
2. Whom does Mrs. Dean describe as "the wearisomest self-righteous Pharisee that ever ransacked a Bible to rake the promises to himself and fling the curses to his neighbours" in Chapter 5?
3. What is the name of the estate where Mr. Heathcliff lives in Chapter 1?
4. During what month does Mr. Earnshaw die in Chapter 5?
5. How old is Hindley when Heathcliff is brought into the Earnshaw home?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)