|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Mr. Lockwood to the chapel in his dream in Chapter 3?
2. What Shakespearean play is alluded to in Chapter 2 when Mr. Lockwood is held down by Mr. Heathcliff's dogs?
(a) King Lear.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
3. What does Heathcliff demand he and Hindley exchange, leading to a fight, in Chapter 4?
4. In what country is Wuthering Heights set?
(c) The United States.
5. Whom does Mrs. Dean describe as "the wearisomest self-righteous Pharisee that ever ransacked a Bible to rake the promises to himself and fling the curses to his neighbours" in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Heathcliff ask for help in cleaning up in Chapter 7?
2. What dish does Heathcliff dump onto Edgar Linton in Chapter 7?
3. What is the name of the estate where Mr. Heathcliff lives in Chapter 1?
4. Who is Catherine's brother married to in the diary entries from Chapter 3?
5. What is the name of Catherine Earnshaw's older brother?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)