|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is Wuthering Heights set?
(b) The United States.
2. Whom does Mrs. Dean describe as "the wearisomest self-righteous Pharisee that ever ransacked a Bible to rake the promises to himself and fling the curses to his neighbours" in Chapter 5?
3. Where does Nelly go to fetch the doctor after Mr. Earnshaw dies in Chapter 5?
4. What year does Mr. Lockwood see on the gate to Mr. Heathcliff's estate in Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the estate that Mr. Lockwood has rented from Mr. Heathcliff?
(a) Thrushcross Grange.
(c) Wuthering Heights.
(d) Wildes Estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heathcliff demand he and Hindley exchange, leading to a fight, in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the rugged youth that lets Mr. Lockwood into Wuthering Heights in Chapter 2?
3. What word from Chapter 5 refers to a member of the clergy, particularly of the Anglican church?
4. Where does Mr. Earnshaw discover Heathcliff as an orphan?
5. Who is the maid at Wuthering Heights in Chapter 2?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)