|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Cathy in Chapter 8 when Mrs. Dean describes her as "the queen of the country-side"?
2. During what month is Hareton born?
3. How old is Heathcliff in Chapter 8?
4. Aside from Catherine's husband, the mourners at her funeral are all what, according to Nelly in Chapter 16?
(a) Siblings or cousins.
(b) Clergy members.
(c) Servants and tenants.
(d) Out-of-town visitors.
5. What word from Chapter 19 means characterized by displeasure at something considered unjust or offensive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catherine describe a fairy cave in her delusion in Chapter 12?
2. What does Heathcliff demand he and Hindley exchange, leading to a fight, in Chapter 4?
3. What does Heathcliff place in the locket Catherine wears in her death-bed in Chapter 16?
4. According to the maid's story, where did Isabella and Heathcliff stop to have a horse's shoe fastened at a blacksmith in Chapter 12?
5. Who has been sent to retrieve Linton to Wuthering Heights in Chapter 19?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)