• Chapter 1 begins in1801, as Mr. Lockwood has just returned to Thrushcross Grange from visiting his landlord and neighbor, Mr. Heathcliff.
• Mr. Heathcliff is described as being hermit-like and ignorant of all social graces.
• Mr. Heathcliff’s estate is called Wuthering Heights, and it is lies next to the moors.
• Above the entrance to the house is scratched the name Hareton Earnshaw and the date 1500.
• After spending time with Mr. Heathcliff, Mr. Lockwood is left alone with dogs that snarl at him.
• Chapter 2 begins the next day, which is cold and wet.
• Mr. Lockwood takes the four-mile walk to Wuthering Heights, and as he arrives, the first flakes of snow are beginning to fall.
• Joseph appears and relates that Mr. Heathcliff is in the fields, and only the Missus is inside.
• Joseph leaves and a young man appears through the snow, and leads Mr. Lockwood inside.
This section contains 3,909 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)