|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does trusts Elgin the least?
2. Whose mother does the narrator visit in search of Louise?
3. What is on the note that the narrator leaves for Louise?
4. Who does the narrator find the most love with?
5. Who promises to keep the narrator informed about Louise's condition?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the narrator's lovers, such as Inge, Bathsheba, Louise, and Jacqueline. Compare their qualities and characteristics. What do these things say about the narrator?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the relationship between Louise and Elgin. Why is it important to note the status of their relationship? What type of relationship do they have? Does this justify Louise's affair with the narrator?
Essay Topic 3
How does suspicion and mistrust become a theme in the novel? Describe an instance in the novel, and explain why this is significant.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)