|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator's boss most similar to?
2. What happens when the narrator becomes so obsessed with Louise?
3. What does Louise admit about her disorder?
4. Who ends up being at the cottage when the narrator returns from London?
5. Which of the following shows how the narrator has grown from the beginning of the novel to the end?
Essay Topic 1
How is choice a theme in the novel? Which characters make important choices? What are the effects of these choices? How does the theme of choice affect the tone of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What is the main conflict of the novel? Is the conflict more important than the message of the novel? How do you know?
Essay Topic 3
What role does irony play in this novel? Consider Jacqueline's heart break when the narrator reveals to her that he or she has been having an affair with Louise. Why is this ironic? Why is this important to note?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)