|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator alert to help him or her out of handcuffs?
(d) Security guard.
2. What type of animal does the narrator adopt?
3. Which of the following becomes most important to the narrator by the end of the novel?
(c) Sexual tension.
(d) Helping others.
4. Who decided they had to be the one to walk away concerning Louise's illness?
(c) The narrator.
5. Whose mother does the narrator visit in search of Louise?
(a) Louise's mother.
(b) Jacqueline's mother.
(c) Elgin's mother.
(d) The narrator's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elgin grow throughout the novel?
2. Which of the following types of love is a theme in the novel?
3. What does the narrator begin to find comfort in while living in the countryside?
4. Which of the following best describes the narrator's ultimate goal?
5. Why is the narrator's boss a significant character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Elgin's goal throughout the novel? Has he achieved this goal yet?
2. What is significant about the narrator and Louise going on vacation together?
3. Describe the narrator's confrontation with Elgin.
4. What is the narrator's goal throughout the novel? Has he or she achieved it so far?
5. What is Gail's role in the novel?
6. According to the novel, how is love more important than societal opinions?
7. Why does Louise say that she doesn't need treatment? Is she telling the truth?
8. How does the narrator grieve in the countryside?
9. When the narrator leaves Louise, who do you think is happiest?
10. Why might the reader be suspicious of Elgin's behavior?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)