|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator hope that Elgin can do when he moves away?
(a) Get Louise psychiatric help.
(b) Learn to show emotion for Louise.
(c) Take Louise somewhere she can be happy.
(d) Cure Louise's cancer.
2. How does the narrator get back to London from the countryside?
3. Who does the narrator give the key to the handcuffs?
(a) A security guard.
(b) A co-worker.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A customer.
4. Who ends up being at the cottage when the narrator returns from London?
(b) Louise and the narrator's boss.
(c) Louise and Elgin.
(d) Jacqueline and Louise.
5. Which pairing of characters has the most sexual tension?
(a) Elgin and the narrator.
(b) The narrator and his or her boss.
(c) Louise and Jacqueline.
(d) Louise and the narrator's boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise say about seeking treatment?
2. Who convinces the narrator to leave Louise?
3. Which character is the symbol of mistrust in the novel?
4. Who promises to keep the narrator informed about Louise's condition?
5. Which character would be considered to be the most heroic in the novel?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)