|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator find the most love with?
(c) The narrator's boss.
2. How does the narrator get back to London from the countryside?
3. Which of the following best describes the narrator's emotional state while living in the countryside?
4. Who decided they had to be the one to walk away concerning Louise's illness?
(a) The narrator.
5. Why does Louise finally decide to leave Elgin?
(a) He physically abuses her.
(b) She can't stand to be with him one more night.
(c) She thinks it's the best decision for everybody.
(d) He mentally beats her down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promises to keep the narrator informed about Louise's condition?
2. How does Elgin grow throughout the novel?
3. What does the narrator handcuff himself/herself to?
4. What does the narrator's boss urge him or her to do?
5. What type of home does the narrator rent in the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator know that he or she made a mistake?
2. What is Louise's goal throughout the novel? Has she achieved this goal yet?
3. Describe the narrator's search for Louise.
4. Why does Louise say that she doesn't need treatment? Is she telling the truth?
5. How does the narrator prove deep love for Louise?
6. Describe the narrator's confrontation with Elgin.
7. What is significant about the narrator and Louise going on vacation together?
8. When the narrator leaves Louise, who do you think is happiest?
9. Why does Louise file for divorce?
10. How is Gail similar to Jacqueline?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)