|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does the narrator translate for work?
2. What happens to the handcuff key?
(a) It is pushed out of reach.
(b) Somebody maliciously hides it.
(c) Somebody leaves with it.
(d) It gets thrown away.
3. Where does Elgin want Louise to go for treatment?
(c) United States.
4. Which of the following describes the time Louise and the narrator lived together?
(d) Intense fury.
5. What can the reader infer about Elgin before the narrator moves?
(a) Elgin loves Louise despite everything.
(b) Elgin would like to kill Louise.
(c) Elgin wants to get revenge for the narrator's indiscretion.
(d) Elgin would like the narrator to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Louise grow throughout the novel?
2. Which of the following best describes the narrator's ultimate goal?
3. Who tells the narrator that he or she made a mistake in trusting Elgin?
4. Who decided they had to be the one to walk away concerning Louise's illness?
5. Upon moving to the country, what does the narrator begin to study?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator prove deep love for Louise?
2. Did the narrator make the right choice in leaving Louise? Why or why not?
3. What is Louise's goal throughout the novel? Has she achieved this goal yet?
4. Describe the narrator's confrontation with Elgin.
5. Describe the narrator's search for Louise.
6. Why does Louise say that she doesn't need treatment? Is she telling the truth?
7. How does the narrator grieve in the countryside?
8. According to the novel, how is love more important than societal opinions?
9. What is the narrator's goal throughout the novel? Has he or she achieved it so far?
10. How is Gail similar to Jacqueline?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)