|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinces the narrator to leave Louise?
(b) A co-worker.
2. According to the message of the story, what is love more than?
(a) Growing as a person.
(b) Societal restrictions.
(c) Pleasing everybody.
3. Upon moving, why does the narrator begin studying?
(a) To tell Louise's story.
(b) To know what Louise is going through.
(c) To begin working on translations again.
(d) To reveal Elgin as a fraud.
4. Who does the narrator find the most love with?
(c) The narrator's boss.
5. Which of the following thoughts soothes the narrator while living in the countryside?
(a) Louise is happy.
(b) Louise and Elgin will be together.
(c) Louise is still alive.
(d) Louise still loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes the narrator's plan to find Louise?
2. What type of feelings does the narrator's boss have for the narrator?
3. What actually causes Elgin to show emotion?
4. Which of the following describes the time Louise and the narrator lived together?
5. Which ex-lover seems to effect the narrator the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator prove deep love for Louise?
2. What is Louise's goal throughout the novel? Has she achieved this goal yet?
3. How does Louise affect the narrator's work?
4. What is Gail's role in the novel?
5. What does Gail provide for the narrator?
6. Why isn't the narrator interested in Gail sexually?
7. Why does Louise say that she doesn't need treatment? Is she telling the truth?
8. What is Elgin's goal throughout the novel? Has he achieved this goal yet?
9. Why does the narrator decide to leave Louise?
10. According to the novel, how is love more important than societal opinions?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)