|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise admit about her disorder?
(a) She denies having health conditions.
(b) She has no idea what Elgin is talking about.
(c) She does have a disorder and is waiting for test results.
(d) She is dying.
2. Which of the following shows how the narrator has grown from the beginning of the novel to the end?
(a) The narrator realizes that safe harbor is better than danger.
(b) The narrator finds it easier to cope with loss.
(c) The narrator no longer seeks affairs.
(d) The narrator no longer has anger problems.
3. Which of the following best describes the narrator's ultimate goal?
(a) For Louise to pursue her dreams.
(b) To find fulfillment in work.
(c) For Elgin to make Louise happy.
(d) For Louise to be healthy and safe.
4. Who does the narrator give the key to the handcuffs?
(a) A customer.
(b) A security guard.
(c) A co-worker.
(d) A librarian.
5. What can the reader infer about Elgin before the narrator moves?
(a) Elgin would like to kill Louise.
(b) Elgin wants to get revenge for the narrator's indiscretion.
(c) Elgin loves Louise despite everything.
(d) Elgin would like the narrator to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise say about seeking treatment?
2. What location does the narrator call while looking for Louise and after returning from the countryside?
3. What does Elgin tell the narrator when the narrator is looking for Louise?
4. Where does the narrator go in an attempt to find comfort in the countryside?
5. Where does the narrator go second in the search for Louise?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)