|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator decide to go back to the countryside after looking for Louise?
(a) Louise is probably dead.
(b) The narrator's boss is willing to have an affair.
(c) The narrator would rather be in aguish alone than rattle Louise's new life.
(d) The mistake is irreparable.
2. What does the narrator first notice that is odd about the cottage upon returning?
(a) There is a note on the door.
(b) The bed is unmade.
(c) The refrigerator is full.
(d) All the lights are on.
3. What is on the note that the narrator leaves for Louise?
(a) The cottage's address.
(b) "I cannot get over you. Find me."
(c) "I love you."
(d) The address of the narrator's work.
4. Which character would be considered to be the most heroic in the novel?
(c) The narrator.
5. Which of the following is the narrator afraid of?
(a) Louise fearing a relationship with the narrator.
(b) Jacqueline hurting Louise and Elgin.
(c) Elgin finding out about Louise's affair with the narrator.
(d) Louise treating their relationship like an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following types of love is a theme in the novel?
2. While living in the countryside, who does the narrator try to contact about Louise's health?
3. Where does the narrator get a job in the country?
4. Who ends up being at the cottage when the narrator returns from London?
5. Who does trusts Elgin the least?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)