|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator's boss most similar to?
2. How does the narrator get back to London from the countryside?
3. What does Elgin tell the narrator when the narrator is looking for Louise?
(a) Louise has run away.
(b) Louise does not want to see him again.
(c) Louise is in the hospital.
(d) Louise has died.
4. At whose house do the narrator and Louise carry on an affair?
(a) The narrator's ex-lover's.
(b) Elgin's parent's.
5. What type of facility does Elgin say can help Louise?
(a) Pediatric hospital.
(b) Cancer facility.
(c) Research labs.
(d) Psychiatric hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of home does the narrator rent in the country?
2. Where does the narrator go in an attempt to find comfort in the countryside?
3. According to the message of the story, what is love more than?
4. What must be damaged to free the narrator from handcuffs?
5. Who does the narrator give the key to the handcuffs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the role "love without gender" plays in the novel.
2. Why does Louise say that she doesn't need treatment? Is she telling the truth?
3. According to the novel, how is love more important than societal opinions?
4. How does the narrator prove deep love for Louise?
5. What is Louise's goal throughout the novel? Has she achieved this goal yet?
6. How does Louise prove deep love for the narrator?
7. What prompts Elgin to finally show emotion?
8. When the narrator leaves Louise, who do you think is happiest?
9. Did the narrator make the right choice in leaving Louise? Why or why not?
10. What is Gail's role in the novel?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)