|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Elgin's mother die?
(a) Gun injury.
(c) Complications after surgery.
(d) Car accident.
2. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
3. Who does the narrator hit?
4. Who did the narrator date immediately after Bathsheba?
5. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
(a) He understands it.
(b) He is disgusted by Louise.
(c) He loathes the idea.
(d) He is completely comfortable with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
2. How does the narrator describe having an affair?
3. Who does Louise describe as being bad with people?
4. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
5. According to Louise, what is Elgin best suited for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the narrator reliable? Why or why not?
2. By the end of the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline, does he or she still believe that marriage is the end of passion?
3. Why is Louise still with Elgin despite his quirks?
4. Do you think that Jacqueline's character will play a larger role in the novel? Why or why not?
5. What is the narrator's initial impression of Louise?
6. Does it make sense for Jacqueline to attack Louise? Is it consistent with her character?
7. Describe Inge.
8. Why does Louise refuse the narrator's affection?
9. How does the narrator want Louise to treat their relationship?
10. What has caused a rift between Louise and Elgin?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)