|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Elgin's parents?
(a) Esau and Sarah.
(b) Elgin and Cassandra.
(c) Carter and Christie.
(d) Samuel and Jaylyn.
2. Which of the following describes Elgin and Louise's marriage?
(a) They lack physical affection.
(b) They lack compassion for anybody except themselves.
(c) They don't spend any time together anymore.
(d) They lack internal affection.
3. Who does Louise describe as being bad with people?
(a) The narrator.
4. After fighting with Jacqueline, who does the narrator go to?
5. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
(a) All of them.
(b) Less than 10 percent of them.
(c) A quarter of them.
(d) Half of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elgin feel about Louise?
2. How does the narrator believe Louise feels about Elgin?
3. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
4. What is most significant about the narrator?
5. According to the narrator, who would appreciate an affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Jacqueline attacks Louise, what prediction can the reader make for the way the relationship will progress between the narrator and Louise?
2. What foreshadowing is present in this story?
3. What is Louise's effect on the narrator?
4. Describe Inge.
5. How does the narrator feel about marriage with Louise?
6. Why is Louise still with Elgin despite his quirks?
7. What has caused a rift between Louise and Elgin?
8. What is Bathsheba's lasting effect on the narrator?
9. How does the narrator look back at affairs?
10. According to the narrator, why wouldn't Jacqueline appreciate an affair?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)