|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
(a) The narrator is reliable.
(b) The narrator's judgement is affected by the past.
(c) The narrator is not reliable, and he or she admits it.
(d) The narrator is completely unreliable.
2. Before learning the truth, what did Jacqueline think her relationship with the narrator was?
(a) A marriage.
(b) A one-sided relationship.
(c) A casual encounter.
(d) A commitment.
3. Which of the following best describes Bruno?
4. What type of people was Frank raised by?
5. Which of the following best describes the narrator's sexual relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator is not sexually attracted to Jacqueline.
(b) The narrator does not believe in sexual attraction.
(c) The narrator is passionate about Jacqueline.
(d) Jacqueline does not want to have sex with the narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Louise, what is Elgin best suited for?
2. When did the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline stop expanding?
3. Which of the following literary devices most accurately describes Jacqueline's anger?
4. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
5. What did Bathsheba bring out most in the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Louise's effect on the narrator?
2. How does the narrator want Louise to treat their relationship?
3. How does the narrator look back at affairs?
4. Is the narrator reliable? Why or why not?
5. After Jacqueline attacks Louise, what prediction can the reader make for the way the relationship will progress between the narrator and Louise?
6. How does the narrator justify his or her relationship with Louise?
7. Describe how the narrator changes from before meeting Louise to after breaking up with Jacqueline. What does this say about the narrator?
8. Why does Louise refuse the narrator's affection?
9. Why can't Elgin work directly with patients?
10. What is Elgin's reaction to Louise having an affair?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)