|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Louise react to the narrator's act of violence?
(a) She is hurt.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She is angry.
2. What type of art did Inge object to?
(a) Classic paintings.
(b) Graphic design.
3. How does the narrator view Jacqueline?
(a) Out of shape.
4. Which of the following types of literary devices are present in the novel?
(c) Iambic Pentameter.
5. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
(a) A group of violent men.
(b) A sexually transmitted disease.
(c) An illegal gambling ring.
(d) Drug culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
2. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
3. What is the relationship between Louise and Elgin?
4. What does Louise refuse to accept from the narrator?
5. Which of the following literary devices most accurately describes Jacqueline's anger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the narrator reliable? Why or why not?
2. How does the narrator justify his or her relationship with Louise?
3. Does it make sense for Jacqueline to attack Louise? Is it consistent with her character?
4. What has caused a rift between Louise and Elgin?
5. By the end of the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline, does he or she still believe that marriage is the end of passion?
6. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
7. What is the narrator's initial impression of Louise?
8. What is Jacqueline's reaction to finding out about the narrator's affair with Louise?
9. Is the narrator using Jacqueline? Why or why not?
10. Why did the narrator choose to stay with Jacqueline for a short while?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)