|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of art did Inge object to?
(c) Graphic design.
(d) Classic paintings.
2. What is Elgin worried about after he learns the truth?
(a) Jacqueline hurting Louise.
(b) The narrator moving in with them.
(c) Louise falling in love with the narrator.
(d) Louise leaving him.
3. Where is Louise from?
4. What explains Louise's easy affection for the narrator?
(a) Her relationship with her father.
(b) Her relationship with Jacqueline.
(c) Her relationship with Elgin.
(d) Her relationship with herself.
5. When the narrator goes on a first date with Louise, who is he or she supposed to spend the night with?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
2. How does the reader perceive Jacqueline's anger?
3. Which of the following did Inge actively object to?
4. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
5. How does the narrator answer Louise's question about the future of their relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Inge.
2. What part does irony play in the novel?
3. Describe the relationship between Louise and Elgin.
4. According to the narrator, why would Louise appreciate having an affair?
5. What has caused a rift between Louise and Elgin?
6. Is the narrator reliable? Why or why not?
7. How does the narrator look back at affairs?
8. Describe how the narrator changes from before meeting Louise to after breaking up with Jacqueline. What does this say about the narrator?
9. How does the narrator want Louise to treat their relationship?
10. Describe Jacqueline.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)