|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Elgin's parents?
(a) Esau and Sarah.
(b) Elgin and Cassandra.
(c) Samuel and Jaylyn.
(d) Carter and Christie.
2. According to the narrator, who would never appreciate an affair?
3. What type of art did Inge object to?
(b) Graphic design.
(d) Classic paintings.
4. How does the narrator describe having an affair?
(c) Vital to society.
5. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
(a) The narrator is not reliable, and he or she admits it.
(b) The narrator is reliable.
(c) The narrator is completely unreliable.
(d) The narrator's judgement is affected by the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does the reader fear the narrator will have with Louise?
2. Who does Jacqueline lock out of her apartment?
3. How did Elgin's mother die?
4. Which of the following literary devices most accurately describes Jacqueline's anger?
5. What type of people was Frank raised by?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
2. What is the narrator's initial impression of Louise?
3. What is the significance behind not knowing the name and gender of the narrator?
4. What is Elgin's reaction to Louise having an affair?
5. Why can't Elgin work directly with patients?
6. Does it make sense for Jacqueline to attack Louise? Is it consistent with her character?
7. What is Louise's effect on the narrator?
8. Why doesn't the narrator leave Jacqueline for Louise?
9. What has caused a rift between Louise and Elgin?
10. Why did the narrator choose to stay with Jacqueline for a short while?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)