|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bill does the narrator pay for a full year before moving?
(b) Apartment rent.
2. Upon moving to the country, what does the narrator begin to study?
(c) Human body.
3. Where does the narrator go second in the search for Louise?
(a) Elgin's research facility.
(b) Louise's hospital.
(c) Louise's apartment.
(d) Elgin's house.
4. What is on the note that the narrator leaves for Louise?
(a) The cottage's address.
(b) "I love you."
(c) "I cannot get over you. Find me."
(d) The address of the narrator's work.
5. What does Louise say about seeking treatment?
(a) She needs it but would rather die.
(b) She needs it but has no money.
(c) She has already been in treatment.
(d) It's not necessary.
6. What type of animal does the narrator adopt?
7. Whose mother does the narrator visit in search of Louise?
(a) Elgin's mother.
(b) Louise's mother.
(c) Jacqueline's mother.
(d) The narrator's mother.
8. Which of the following proves that Louise has deep love for the narrator?
(a) Louise did not come back to the narrator.
(b) Louise did not have an affair with Gail.
(c) Louise stayed in their apartment the whole time the narrator was gone.
(d) Louise did not go back to Elgin.
9. Who is the narrator's boss most similar to?
10. What does the narrator hope that Elgin can do when he moves away?
(a) Learn to show emotion for Louise.
(b) Cure Louise's cancer.
(c) Get Louise psychiatric help.
(d) Take Louise somewhere she can be happy.
11. When the narrator returns to the country, how does he or she get from the train station to the cottage?
(a) Taxi cab.
12. What type of feelings does the narrator's boss have for the narrator?
13. Why is it significant that Louise and the narrator go on vacation?
(a) They learn to truly appreciate each other.
(b) They get married.
(c) They learn more about each other.
(d) They build memories.
14. How does the narrator view Elgin's attempts to get the narrator to move away?
(a) Elgin's pure love.
(b) The best in Elgin's nature.
(c) Elgin's hatred.
(d) Elgin's selfishness.
15. Which of the following describes the narrator's plan to find Louise?
(a) The narrator will hide out in their shared apartment.
(b) The narrator will stalk Louise's mother.
(c) The narrator will wait at the hospital for her to come in.
(d) The narrator will visit all the places the two of them went together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's boss?
2. Which ex-lover seems to effect the narrator the most?
3. Which of the following best describes the narrator's ultimate goal?
4. What does the narrator handcuff himself/herself to?
5. Why is the narrator's boss a significant character?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)