|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What actually causes Elgin to show emotion?
(a) The narrator's love for Louise.
(b) The death of his father.
(c) Louise's diagnosis.
(d) Louise's affair.
2. What happens when the narrator becomes so obsessed with Louise?
(a) The narrator forgets to pay rent.
(b) Work becomes impossible for the narrator.
(c) The narrator begins taking medications
(d) The narrator is arrested.
3. What does the narrator begin to find comfort in while living in the countryside?
4. Which of the following best describes the narrator's opinion of Elgin when he moves away?
(a) Elgin will do something Louise won't appreciate, but it will be for the best.
(b) Elgin wants the best for Louise.
(c) Elgin is a vengeful person.
(d) Elgin is a good-hearted person who is misunderstood.
5. What bill does the narrator pay for a full year before moving?
(d) Apartment rent.
6. What condition does Louise have?
(a) Brain tumor.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
7. Why does the narrator try to distance himself/herself from his/her boss?
(a) The narrator is not interested in having an affair with her.
(b) The narrator hates her.
(c) The narrator is scared of having feelings for anybody else.
(d) The narrator has been having an affair with somebody else.
8. What location does the narrator call while looking for Louise and after returning from the countryside?
(a) A cancer research facility in Paris.
(b) An apartment in New York.
(c) A clinic in Switzerland.
(d) A hospital in Amsterdam.
9. After how many weeks searching for Louise does the narrator decide to go back to the country?
10. Where does the narrator go in an attempt to find comfort in the countryside?
(a) Group therapy.
11. Who tells the narrator that he or she made a mistake in trusting Elgin?
(b) The narrator's boss.
(c) Elgin's father.
12. Where does the narrator get thrown out of?
(d) Office building.
13. Which pairing of characters has the most sexual tension?
(a) Louise and Jacqueline.
(b) The narrator and his or her boss.
(c) Louise and the narrator's boss.
(d) Elgin and the narrator.
14. What type of feelings does the narrator's boss have for the narrator?
15. Which of the following thoughts soothes the narrator while living in the countryside?
(a) Louise and Elgin will be together.
(b) Louise is happy.
(c) Louise is still alive.
(d) Louise still loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator view Elgin's attempts to get the narrator to move away?
2. What does the narrator hope for Louise when he moves away?
3. Which ex-lover seems to effect the narrator the most?
4. Who does the narrator find the most love with?
5. Who ends up being at the cottage when the narrator returns from London?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)