|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes the narrator's plan to find Louise?
(a) The narrator will hide out in their shared apartment.
(b) The narrator will visit all the places the two of them went together.
(c) The narrator will wait at the hospital for her to come in.
(d) The narrator will stalk Louise's mother.
2. Who does the narrator believe is waiting for him or her in the cottage upon returning?
(c) The narrator's boss.
3. What does Elgin tell the narrator when the narrator is looking for Louise?
(a) Louise has run away.
(b) Louise is in the hospital.
(c) Louise does not want to see him again.
(d) Louise has died.
4. Who does the narrator find the most love with?
(c) The narrator's boss.
5. After how many weeks searching for Louise does the narrator decide to go back to the country?
6. Where does the narrator go second in the search for Louise?
(a) Elgin's house.
(b) Elgin's research facility.
(c) Louise's apartment.
(d) Louise's hospital.
7. Who convinces the narrator to leave Louise?
(c) A co-worker.
8. Where does the narrator get a job in the country?
9. Which of the following proves that Louise has deep love for the narrator?
(a) Louise did not go back to Elgin.
(b) Louise did not come back to the narrator.
(c) Louise did not have an affair with Gail.
(d) Louise stayed in their apartment the whole time the narrator was gone.
10. Which ex-lover seems to effect the narrator the most?
11. At whose house do the narrator and Louise carry on an affair?
(a) Elgin's parent's.
(b) The narrator's ex-lover's.
12. What can the reader infer about Elgin before the narrator moves?
(a) Elgin would like to kill Louise.
(b) Elgin loves Louise despite everything.
(c) Elgin would like the narrator to die.
(d) Elgin wants to get revenge for the narrator's indiscretion.
13. What is the name of the narrator's boss?
14. What is on the note that the narrator leaves for Louise?
(a) The cottage's address.
(b) "I love you."
(c) "I cannot get over you. Find me."
(d) The address of the narrator's work.
15. Where does the narrator get thrown out of?
(d) Office building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of home does the narrator rent in the country?
2. Who decided they had to be the one to walk away concerning Louise's illness?
3. Why did Elgin end up sending the narrator away?
4. Which character would be considered to be the most heroic in the novel?
5. While living in the countryside, who does the narrator try to contact about Louise's health?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)