|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's boss?
2. Which of the following describes the time Louise and the narrator lived together?
(c) Intense fury.
3. What actually causes Elgin to show emotion?
(a) The death of his father.
(b) Louise's diagnosis.
(c) The narrator's love for Louise.
(d) Louise's affair.
4. What does the narrator begin to find comfort in while living in the countryside?
5. Why is it significant that Louise and the narrator go on vacation?
(a) They learn more about each other.
(b) They build memories.
(c) They learn to truly appreciate each other.
(d) They get married.
6. What bill does the narrator pay for a full year before moving?
(d) Apartment rent.
7. What does the narrator handcuff himself/herself to?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) A desk.
(c) A chair.
(d) A co-worker.
8. What type of animal does the narrator adopt?
9. When back in London, where does the narrator first go?
(a) Elgin's parent's house.
(b) Louise's hospital.
(c) The narrator's old apartment.
(d) Elgin's house.
10. Which of the following describes the narrator's plan to find Louise?
(a) The narrator will stalk Louise's mother.
(b) The narrator will visit all the places the two of them went together.
(c) The narrator will hide out in their shared apartment.
(d) The narrator will wait at the hospital for her to come in.
11. What location does the narrator call while looking for Louise and after returning from the countryside?
(a) A cancer research facility in Paris.
(b) An apartment in New York.
(c) A hospital in Amsterdam.
(d) A clinic in Switzerland.
12. Where does the narrator get a job in the country?
13. Which of the following best describes the narrator's opinion of Elgin when he moves away?
(a) Elgin wants the best for Louise.
(b) Elgin is a vengeful person.
(c) Elgin is a good-hearted person who is misunderstood.
(d) Elgin will do something Louise won't appreciate, but it will be for the best.
14. How does the narrator feel upon moving away?
15. What does Louise decide to do after the vacation?
(a) Get married.
(b) Get a divorce.
(c) Cause legal trouble for Elgin.
(d) Visit Jacqueline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elgin tell the narrator when the narrator is looking for Louise?
2. Who convinces the narrator to leave Louise?
3. When the narrator returns to the country, how does he or she get from the train station to the cottage?
4. While living in the countryside, who does the narrator try to contact about Louise's health?
5. Who ends up being at the cottage when the narrator returns from London?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)