|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following becomes most important to the narrator by the end of the novel?
(b) Helping others.
(d) Sexual tension.
2. What does the narrator's boss urge him or her to do?
(a) Forget Louise entirely.
(b) Return to Jacqueline.
(c) Kill Elgin.
(d) Return to Louise.
3. Where do Louise and the narrator go together on vacation?
(c) Los Angeles.
4. What condition does Louise have?
(b) Brain tumor.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
5. Which character would be considered to be the most heroic in the novel?
(c) The narrator.
6. Why does the narrator try to distance himself/herself from his/her boss?
(a) The narrator is not interested in having an affair with her.
(b) The narrator is scared of having feelings for anybody else.
(c) The narrator has been having an affair with somebody else.
(d) The narrator hates her.
7. Where does the narrator go second in the search for Louise?
(a) Elgin's house.
(b) Louise's apartment.
(c) Elgin's research facility.
(d) Louise's hospital.
8. How long do Louise and the narrator live together?
9. Which of the following is the narrator afraid of?
(a) Louise treating their relationship like an affair.
(b) Louise fearing a relationship with the narrator.
(c) Elgin finding out about Louise's affair with the narrator.
(d) Jacqueline hurting Louise and Elgin.
10. Where does the narrator get thrown out of?
(a) Office building.
11. What does the narrator hope that Elgin can do when he moves away?
(a) Cure Louise's cancer.
(b) Get Louise psychiatric help.
(c) Learn to show emotion for Louise.
(d) Take Louise somewhere she can be happy.
12. Who decided they had to be the one to walk away concerning Louise's illness?
(c) The narrator.
13. While living in the countryside, who does the narrator try to contact about Louise's health?
(b) Elgin's father.
14. Why is the narrator's boss a significant character?
(a) She helps lead the narrator back to Louise.
(b) She discourages the narrator from finding Louise.
(c) She takes the narrator's mind off Louise.
(d) She gives the narrator money to find Louise.
15. Where did the narrator find the animal he or she adopts?
(a) Vet's office.
(c) Inside the home when he or she moved in.
(d) Animal shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the narrator's opinion of Elgin when he moves away?
2. What type of home does the narrator rent in the country?
3. What type of facility does Elgin say can help Louise?
4. What does Louise decide to do after the vacation?
5. Which ex-lover seems to effect the narrator the most?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)