|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Inge actively object to?
(b) Married women.
(c) Harming those who got in her way.
(d) The destruction of classic buildings.
2. Where does the narrator work?
3. Which of the following best describes the narrator when he or she is in a relationship with Jacqueline?
4. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
(b) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
(c) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
(d) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
5. According to the narrator, what is the end of passion?
(c) Old age.
6. Which of the following best describes Bruno?
7. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
(b) Cleaning and cooking.
(c) An appearance put on for family and friends.
8. What did Elgin study when he finished going to school?
(a) Cancer research.
(b) Veterinary science.
(c) Doctor-patient interaction.
9. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
(a) The narrator is reliable.
(b) The narrator is completely unreliable.
(c) The narrator's judgement is affected by the past.
(d) The narrator is not reliable, and he or she admits it.
10. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(a) The past is always hurtful.
(b) Loving somebody you can't have.
(c) Lost relationships.
(d) Angry ex-lovers.
11. How does the narrator answer Louise's question about the future of their relationship?
(a) That it is not important at this point.
(b) That only Elgin stands in the way.
(c) That it's impossible to know at this point.
(d) That only Jacqueline stands in the way
12. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are co-workers.
13. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
(a) All of them.
(b) Half of them.
(c) A quarter of them.
(d) Less than 10 percent of them.
14. Who did the narrator date immediately after Bathsheba?
15. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jacqueline married to?
2. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
3. What are the names of Elgin's parents?
4. What does the narrator compare his or her affair with Louise to?
5. After fighting with Jacqueline, who does the narrator go to?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)