|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
2. Which of the following best describes the narrator's sexual relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) Jacqueline does not want to have sex with the narrator.
(b) The narrator does not believe in sexual attraction.
(c) The narrator is not sexually attracted to Jacqueline.
(d) The narrator is passionate about Jacqueline.
3. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
4. Who does the narrator hit?
5. What are the names of Elgin's parents?
(a) Elgin and Cassandra.
(b) Samuel and Jaylyn.
(c) Esau and Sarah.
(d) Carter and Christie.
6. Which character is the biggest representation of foreshadowing?
7. What is most significant about the narrator?
(a) The reader doesn't know the gender or name of the narrator.
(b) The reader doesn't understand the narrator's motives.
(c) The narrator is unlikeable.
(d) The narrator has had many affairs.
8. What is the relationship between Louise and Elgin?
(a) They are related.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They are dating.
(d) They are married.
9. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
(a) The opera.
(b) The movie theather.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A museum.
10. Which opinion of the narrator's has changed?
(a) Opinion about marriage.
(b) Opinion about Jacqueline.
(c) Opinion about health conditions.
(d) Opinion about compassion.
11. What does Elgin ask Louise after he learns the truth?
(a) If she will move out of the house.
(b) If she will divorce him.
(c) If she will have a child with him.
(d) If she will move away with him.
12. How does the narrator believe Louise feels about Elgin?
(a) Louise feels passionately about him.
(b) Louise has affection for him.
(c) Louise is in danger being with Elgin.
(d) Louise hates him.
13. Which of the following did Inge actively object to?
(a) Married women.
(c) The destruction of classic buildings.
(d) Harming those who got in her way.
14. What did Elgin study when he finished going to school?
(a) Doctor-patient interaction.
(b) Veterinary science.
(c) Cancer research.
15. How does the narrator view Jacqueline?
(c) Out of shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. After fighting with Jacqueline, who does the narrator go to?
2. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
3. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
4. Who does Jacqueline lock out of her apartment?
5. Where does Jacqueline work?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)