|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the reader perceive Jacqueline's anger?
(a) It is overstated.
(b) It is understandable.
(c) It is understated.
(d) It is too intense.
2. What is the relationship between Louise and Elgin?
(a) They are dating.
(b) They are related.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They are married.
3. According to the narrator, what is the end of passion?
(c) Old age.
4. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
5. When the narrator goes on a first date with Louise, who is he or she supposed to spend the night with?
6. What did Bathsheba bring out most in the narrator?
(a) A bad side.
(b) A philosophical side.
(c) A shy side.
(d) A sexual side.
7. According to the narrator, what is commitment?
(a) The here and now of a relationship.
(b) A pact to remain with somebody forever.
(c) A lack of effort.
(d) A conscious choice.
8. Which character is the biggest representation of foreshadowing?
9. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
(a) The narrator is completely unreliable.
(b) The narrator's judgement is affected by the past.
(c) The narrator is not reliable, and he or she admits it.
(d) The narrator is reliable.
10. When did the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline stop expanding?
(a) When they moved in together.
(b) When they met each other's parents.
(c) When they got married.
(d) When they had a child.
11. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
(c) An appearance put on for family and friends.
(d) Cleaning and cooking.
12. Who was Jacqueline married to?
(a) A professor.
(b) A painter.
(c) A writer.
(d) A dentist.
13. Which of the following best describes Elgin's parents?
14. Who does the narrator hit?
15. According to Louise, what is Elgin best suited for?
(b) Treating patients.
(c) Being a parent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of art troubled Inge?
2. Who did the narrator date immediately after Bathsheba?
3. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
4. What is the narrator afraid of about revealing his or her relationship with Louise?
5. What does Elgin ask Louise after he learns the truth?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)