Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator goes on a first date with Louise, who is he or she supposed to spend the night with?
2. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
(a) He is disgusted by Louise.
(b) He is completely comfortable with it.
(c) He understands it.
(d) He loathes the idea.
3. How does the narrator feel about one day marrying Louise?
(a) The narrator thinks Louise has more to benefit from marriage than the narrator does.
(b) The narrator does not believe in any marriage.
(c) The narrator wants to marry Louise.
(d) The narrator fears marrying Louise.
4. Which of the following literary devices most accurately describes Jacqueline's anger?
5. Which of the following causes a rift between Elgin and his parents?
(a) Elgin did not become a doctor.
(b) Elgin did not have children with his wife.
(c) Elgin married a Jewish woman.
(d) Elgin married a woman who is not Jewish.
6. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
(b) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
(c) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
(d) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
7. Who did the narrator date immediately after Bathsheba?
8. Which of the following did Inge actively object to?
(a) The destruction of classic buildings.
(c) Harming those who got in her way.
(d) Married women.
9. What is Louise's last name?
10. What did Jacqueline destroy in her apartment?
(a) Kitchen appliances.
(c) Ceiling tiles.
(d) Bathroom fixtures.
11. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
(a) He is unhygienic.
(b) He lacks knowledge.
(c) He lacks compassion.
(d) Poor bedside manner.
12. Who was Jacqueline married to?
(a) A writer.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A painter.
(d) A professor.
13. After fighting with Jacqueline, who does the narrator go to?
14. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
(d) The narrator.
15. Which of the following best describes Elgin's parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, who would appreciate an affair?
2. Where is Louise from?
3. What does the narrator consider unsatisfying when done alone?
4. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
5. What does Louise refuse to accept from the narrator?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)