|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explains Louise's easy affection for the narrator?
(a) Her relationship with her father.
(b) Her relationship with herself.
(c) Her relationship with Jacqueline.
(d) Her relationship with Elgin.
2. How does Elgin feel about Louise?
(a) He is ashamed of her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He wants to be with her even if he also has to be with the narrator.
(d) He does not have any feelings for her.
3. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(b) Finding love with somebody you previously hated.
(c) Sexual frustration.
4. Who does Jacqueline attack?
(a) The narrator.
5. What is the relationship between Louise and Elgin?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are related.
(d) They are dating.
6. How does the reader view the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) Jacqueline is using the narrator.
(b) The narrator is using Jacqueline.
(c) Jacqueline could not care less about her relationship with the narrator.
(d) The narrator genuinely loves Jacqueline.
7. Why does the narrator tell so many women that he or she loves them?
(a) It is easy for the narrator.
(b) The narrator loves all women.
(c) The narrator enjoys deceit.
(d) The narrator genuinely loved them.
8. Which character is foreshadowed to be the "villain"?
(d) The narrator.
9. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(a) Lost relationships.
(b) Angry ex-lovers.
(c) Loving somebody you can't have.
(d) The past is always hurtful.
10. Which of the following did Inge actively object to?
(a) Married women.
(b) The destruction of classic buildings.
(d) Harming those who got in her way.
11. What type of people was Frank raised by?
12. What can the reader tell about the narrator's feelings about Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator did not love Jacqueline.
(b) The narrator despised Jacqueline and most women.
(c) The narrator wanted to be with Jacqueline forever.
(d) The narrator loved Jacqueline passionately.
13. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
14. Whose belongings does Jacqueline destroy?
(b) Her own.
(c) The narrator's.
15. Which of the following best describes Bruno?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jacqueline lock out of her apartment?
2. Which of the following best describes Inge?
3. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
4. What is the narrator afraid of about revealing his or her relationship with Louise?
5. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)