|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
(a) Men are not able to please women.
(b) Long-term relationships are no longer possible.
(c) Relationships become boring.
(d) Women are forced into marriage.
2. Who does Jacqueline attack?
(b) The narrator.
3. How does Louise view Elgin?
(b) Purposely hurtful.
4. According to Louise, what is Elgin best suited for?
(a) Being a parent.
(c) Treating patients.
5. Whose belongings does Jacqueline destroy?
(a) The narrator's.
(b) Her own.
6. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
(a) He is unhygienic.
(b) He lacks compassion.
(c) Poor bedside manner.
(d) He lacks knowledge.
7. According to the narrator, who would appreciate an affair?
8. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
(c) Cleaning and cooking.
(d) An appearance put on for family and friends.
9. What is the narrator scared will happen if he or she reveals his or her true feelings to Louise?
(a) She will fear the narrator.
(b) She will benefit from not knowing.
(c) She will become too eager.
(d) She will be scared away.
10. Who was Jacqueline married to?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A professor.
(c) A painter.
(d) A writer.
11. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
(b) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
(c) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
(d) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
12. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
(a) When the narrator means it.
(b) When Louise has left Elgin.
(c) When they live toether.
(d) When Jacqueline knows about the relationship.
13. What is Louise's last name?
14. How does the narrator answer Louise's question about the future of their relationship?
(a) That it's impossible to know at this point.
(b) That only Jacqueline stands in the way
(c) That only Elgin stands in the way.
(d) That it is not important at this point.
15. Who tells Elgin about Louise's affair with the narrator?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Elgin's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Bruno?
2. What did Elgin study when he finished going to school?
3. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
4. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
5. What is the relationship between Louise and Elgin?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)