|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Elgin's parents?
2. Which of the following is most comparable to Jacqueline?
(a) Broken heart.
(b) Dangerous mine.
(c) Mentally disturbed woman.
(d) Safe harbor.
3. Who does Jacqueline lock out of her apartment?
(b) The narrator.
4. What is Louise's last name?
5. What type of woman is the narrator known to seek out?
(a) Shy women.
(b) Married women.
(c) Educated women.
(d) Angry women.
6. Who does Louise describe as being bad with people?
(d) The narrator.
7. Which opinion of the narrator's has changed?
(a) Opinion about Jacqueline.
(b) Opinion about compassion.
(c) Opinion about health conditions.
(d) Opinion about marriage.
8. Who does the narrator hit?
9. What does the narrator consider unsatisfying when done alone?
(a) Drink coffee.
(b) Eat at a restaurant.
(c) Go to the bookstore.
(d) Watch people through windows.
10. According to the narrator, who would appreciate an affair?
11. How does Louise view Elgin?
(a) Purposely hurtful.
12. What is the narrator afraid of about revealing his or her relationship with Louise?
(a) Hurting Jacqueline emotionally.
(b) Getting hurt emotionally by Louise.
(c) Getting physically hurt by Jacqueline.
(d) Not having a place to live.
13. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
(a) The narrator is reliable.
(b) The narrator is completely unreliable.
(c) The narrator's judgement is affected by the past.
(d) The narrator is not reliable, and he or she admits it.
14. Which of the following literary devices most accurately describes Jacqueline's anger?
15. Who tells Elgin about Louise's affair with the narrator?
(b) Elgin's father.
(c) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Inge actively object to?
2. Which of the following describes Elgin and Louise's marriage?
3. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
4. According to Louise, what is Elgin best suited for?
5. Who does Jacqueline attack?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)