|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Louise react to the narrator's act of violence?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is hurt.
(d) She is angry.
2. What is Louise's last name?
3. Where does Jacqueline work?
4. According to Louise, what is Elgin best suited for?
(b) Being a parent.
(d) Treating patients.
5. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
(a) When the narrator means it.
(b) When Jacqueline knows about the relationship.
(c) When Louise has left Elgin.
(d) When they live toether.
6. According to the narrator, who would appreciate an affair?
7. What did Jacqueline destroy in her apartment?
(a) Ceiling tiles.
(b) Bathroom fixtures.
(c) Kitchen appliances.
8. What is the narrator scared will happen if he or she reveals his or her true feelings to Louise?
(a) She will benefit from not knowing.
(b) She will fear the narrator.
(c) She will become too eager.
(d) She will be scared away.
9. What can the reader tell about the narrator's feelings about Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator wanted to be with Jacqueline forever.
(b) The narrator loved Jacqueline passionately.
(c) The narrator did not love Jacqueline.
(d) The narrator despised Jacqueline and most women.
10. What is most significant about the narrator?
(a) The narrator has had many affairs.
(b) The reader doesn't understand the narrator's motives.
(c) The narrator is unlikeable.
(d) The reader doesn't know the gender or name of the narrator.
11. What are the names of Elgin's parents?
(a) Elgin and Cassandra.
(b) Samuel and Jaylyn.
(c) Carter and Christie.
(d) Esau and Sarah.
12. After the narrator reveals the truth, what is Jacqueline's fate?
(a) She is now doomed.
(b) She has been saved.
(c) She is guaranteed to find love elsewhere.
(d) She is homeless.
13. Which character is foreshadowed to be the "villain"?
(b) The narrator.
14. What did Elgin study?
(a) Food preparation.
15. What does Elgin ask Louise after he learns the truth?
(a) If she will move away with him.
(b) If she will divorce him.
(c) If she will move out of the house.
(d) If she will have a child with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jacqueline attack?
2. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
3. What relationship does the reader fear the narrator will have with Louise?
4. How does Elgin feel about Louise?
5. How did Elgin's mother die?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)