|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it significant that Louise and the narrator go on vacation?
(a) They build memories.
(b) They learn more about each other.
(c) They learn to truly appreciate each other.
(d) They get married.
2. What does Elgin get tired of hearing?
(a) The narrator's phone calls.
(b) Louise and the narrator carrying on their affair.
(c) Jacqueline's phone calls.
(d) Louise's complaints about health concerns.
3. According to the narrator, who would never appreciate an affair?
4. Which of the following describes the time Louise and the narrator lived together?
(c) Intense fury.
5. When back in London, where does the narrator first go?
(a) The narrator's old apartment.
(b) Elgin's parent's house.
(c) Elgin's house.
(d) Louise's hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elgin's religion?
2. According to Louise, what is Elgin best suited for?
3. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
4. Which of the following best describes the narrator's ultimate goal?
5. Why is the narrator's boss a significant character?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)