|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elgin want Louise to go for treatment?
(a) United States.
2. Whose mother does the narrator visit in search of Louise?
(a) Louise's mother.
(b) Jacqueline's mother.
(c) Elgin's mother.
(d) The narrator's mother.
3. Which of the following is most comparable to Jacqueline?
(a) Mentally disturbed woman.
(b) Broken heart.
(c) Safe harbor.
(d) Dangerous mine.
4. Which of the following best describes the narrator's opinion of Elgin when he moves away?
(a) Elgin is a good-hearted person who is misunderstood.
(b) Elgin will do something Louise won't appreciate, but it will be for the best.
(c) Elgin is a vengeful person.
(d) Elgin wants the best for Louise.
5. Where does the narrator go second in the search for Louise?
(a) Louise's apartment.
(b) Elgin's house.
(c) Louise's hospital.
(d) Elgin's research facility.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator goes on a first date with Louise, who is he or she supposed to spend the night with?
2. Who decided they had to be the one to walk away concerning Louise's illness?
3. Where is Louise from?
4. How did Elgin's mother die?
5. What type of animal does the narrator adopt?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)