|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
(a) Louise won't let the narrator express love for her.
(b) Louise and the narrator do not actually care for each other.
(c) Louise will not have a sexual relationship with the narrator.
(d) Louise and the narrator do not live together.
2. Who does the narrator find the most love with?
(c) The narrator's boss.
3. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
(a) All of them.
(b) Half of them.
(c) A quarter of them.
(d) Less than 10 percent of them.
4. Which of the following causes a rift between Elgin and his parents?
(a) Elgin did not become a doctor.
(b) Elgin married a woman who is not Jewish.
(c) Elgin married a Jewish woman.
(d) Elgin did not have children with his wife.
5. When did the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline stop expanding?
(a) When they met each other's parents.
(b) When they moved in together.
(c) When they got married.
(d) When they had a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elgin worried about after he learns the truth?
2. Which of the following proves that Louise has deep love for the narrator?
3. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
4. Who does Louise describe as being bad with people?
5. How does Louise view Elgin?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)