|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jacqueline work?
2. Which of the following becomes most important to the narrator by the end of the novel?
(b) Helping others.
(c) Sexual tension.
3. Which of the following best describes the narrator's emotional state while living in the countryside?
4. According to the narrator, who would appreciate an affair?
5. Why does the narrator decide to go back to the countryside after looking for Louise?
(a) The narrator would rather be in aguish alone than rattle Louise's new life.
(b) Louise is probably dead.
(c) The mistake is irreparable.
(d) The narrator's boss is willing to have an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator and his or her boss share a bed, why doesn't anything sexual happen between them?
2. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
3. Which of the following describes the narrator's plan to find Louise?
4. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
5. What does Elgin tell the narrator when the narrator is looking for Louise?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)