|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elgin feel about Louise?
(a) He does not have any feelings for her.
(b) He is ashamed of her.
(c) He wants to be with her even if he also has to be with the narrator.
(d) He loves her.
2. What is the name of the narrator's boss?
3. What does the narrator hope for Louise when he moves away?
(b) A full life.
(c) Romantic love with Elgin.
(d) Good mental health.
4. Why does the narrator decide to go back to the countryside after looking for Louise?
(a) The narrator's boss is willing to have an affair.
(b) The narrator would rather be in aguish alone than rattle Louise's new life.
(c) The mistake is irreparable.
(d) Louise is probably dead.
5. Which opinion of the narrator's has changed?
(a) Opinion about health conditions.
(b) Opinion about Jacqueline.
(c) Opinion about marriage.
(d) Opinion about compassion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator's boss most similar to?
2. What part of art troubled Inge?
3. Which character would be considered to be the most heroic in the novel?
4. What type of people was Frank raised by?
5. Who tells Elgin about Louise's affair with the narrator?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)