|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of people was Frank raised by?
2. What is most significant about the narrator?
(a) The narrator has had many affairs.
(b) The narrator is unlikeable.
(c) The reader doesn't know the gender or name of the narrator.
(d) The reader doesn't understand the narrator's motives.
3. According to the narrator, what is commitment?
(a) The here and now of a relationship.
(b) A lack of effort.
(c) A pact to remain with somebody forever.
(d) A conscious choice.
4. What does the violence in the novel represent?
5. Why did Elgin end up sending the narrator away?
(a) To make sure the narrator was being true to Louise.
(b) To get revenge.
(c) To have another chance with Louise.
(d) To hurt Louise physically.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following shows how the narrator has grown from the beginning of the novel to the end?
2. What type of home does the narrator rent in the country?
3. At whose house do the narrator and Louise carry on an affair?
4. What is Elgin's religion?
5. Who does the narrator believe is waiting for him or her in the cottage upon returning?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)