|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes the time Louise and the narrator lived together?
(a) Intense fury.
2. Which of the following causes a rift between Elgin and his parents?
(a) Elgin married a woman who is not Jewish.
(b) Elgin did not have children with his wife.
(c) Elgin did not become a doctor.
(d) Elgin married a Jewish woman.
3. What does the narrator's boss urge him or her to do?
(a) Forget Louise entirely.
(b) Return to Louise.
(c) Return to Jacqueline.
(d) Kill Elgin.
4. Which of the following types of literary devices are present in the novel?
(c) Iambic Pentameter.
5. Where does the narrator get thrown out of?
(c) Office building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the narrator find the animal he or she adopts?
2. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
3. According to the narrator, who would never appreciate an affair?
4. Where is Louise from?
5. How does Elgin grow throughout the novel?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)