|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is commitment?
(a) The here and now of a relationship.
(b) A pact to remain with somebody forever.
(c) A lack of effort.
(d) A conscious choice.
2. What does Elgin get tired of hearing?
(a) Louise and the narrator carrying on their affair.
(b) Louise's complaints about health concerns.
(c) The narrator's phone calls.
(d) Jacqueline's phone calls.
3. Who does trusts Elgin the least?
(b) The narrator.
4. What condition does Louise have?
(b) Brain tumor.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
5. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(a) The past is always hurtful.
(b) Lost relationships.
(c) Angry ex-lovers.
(d) Loving somebody you can't have.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon moving, why does the narrator begin studying?
2. What happens to the handcuff key?
3. Which ex-lover seems to effect the narrator the most?
4. When the narrator returns to the country, how does he or she get from the train station to the cottage?
5. How does the narrator get back to London from the countryside?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)