|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
(a) He is disgusted by Louise.
(b) He understands it.
(c) He is completely comfortable with it.
(d) He loathes the idea.
2. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
(a) Louise will not have a sexual relationship with the narrator.
(b) Louise and the narrator do not actually care for each other.
(c) Louise and the narrator do not live together.
(d) Louise won't let the narrator express love for her.
3. What is most significant about the narrator?
(a) The reader doesn't know the gender or name of the narrator.
(b) The reader doesn't understand the narrator's motives.
(c) The narrator has had many affairs.
(d) The narrator is unlikeable.
4. What is Elgin's religion?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) He is Catholic.
(c) He is Protestant.
(d) He is an atheist.
5. Why is the narrator's boss a significant character?
(a) She discourages the narrator from finding Louise.
(b) She takes the narrator's mind off Louise.
(c) She gives the narrator money to find Louise.
(d) She helps lead the narrator back to Louise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Elgin's mother die?
2. What can the reader infer about Elgin before the narrator moves?
3. After fighting with Jacqueline, what does the narrator do?
4. How does the reader perceive Jacqueline's anger?
5. Which of the following types of love is a theme in the novel?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)