|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes the narrator's plan to find Louise?
(a) The narrator will hide out in their shared apartment.
(b) The narrator will wait at the hospital for her to come in.
(c) The narrator will stalk Louise's mother.
(d) The narrator will visit all the places the two of them went together.
2. When the narrator returns to the country, how does he or she get from the train station to the cottage?
(b) Taxi cab.
3. How does the narrator feel about one day marrying Louise?
(a) The narrator does not believe in any marriage.
(b) The narrator wants to marry Louise.
(c) The narrator fears marrying Louise.
(d) The narrator thinks Louise has more to benefit from marriage than the narrator does.
4. Who is Elgin arriving home with when the narrator sees him?
(a) His mother.
(b) A new woman.
5. Who does the narrator give the key to the handcuffs?
(a) A security guard.
(b) A co-worker.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A customer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Elgin's mother die?
2. Who did the narrator date immediately after Bathsheba?
3. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
4. Where does Elgin want Louise to go for treatment?
5. Which of the following is most comparable to Jacqueline?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)