|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the reader tell about the narrator's feelings about Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator did not love Jacqueline.
(b) The narrator loved Jacqueline passionately.
(c) The narrator wanted to be with Jacqueline forever.
(d) The narrator despised Jacqueline and most women.
2. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
(b) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
(c) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
(d) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
3. How does the reader view the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) Jacqueline is using the narrator.
(b) Jacqueline could not care less about her relationship with the narrator.
(c) The narrator is using Jacqueline.
(d) The narrator genuinely loves Jacqueline.
4. How does Elgin feel about Louise?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He is ashamed of her.
(c) He does not have any feelings for her.
(d) He wants to be with her even if he also has to be with the narrator.
5. What did Elgin study?
(c) Food preparation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal does the narrator adopt?
2. After fighting with Jacqueline, what does the narrator do?
3. Who decided they had to be the one to walk away concerning Louise's illness?
4. Which of the following describes the narrator's plan to find Louise?
5. What type of woman is the narrator known to seek out?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)