|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
(a) Louise will not have a sexual relationship with the narrator.
(b) Louise and the narrator do not actually care for each other.
(c) Louise won't let the narrator express love for her.
(d) Louise and the narrator do not live together.
2. What location does the narrator call while looking for Louise and after returning from the countryside?
(a) A clinic in Switzerland.
(b) An apartment in New York.
(c) A hospital in Amsterdam.
(d) A cancer research facility in Paris.
3. Who was Jacqueline married to?
(a) A writer.
(b) A painter.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A professor.
4. Which of the following shows how the narrator has grown from the beginning of the novel to the end?
(a) The narrator no longer seeks affairs.
(b) The narrator finds it easier to cope with loss.
(c) The narrator no longer has anger problems.
(d) The narrator realizes that safe harbor is better than danger.
5. Where do Louise and the narrator go together on vacation?
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following states does it seem that the narrator likes, becoming apparent after the narrator moves?
2. Why does Louise finally decide to leave Elgin?
3. When did the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline stop expanding?
4. Upon moving to the country, what does the narrator begin to study?
5. Who does Jacqueline attack?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)