|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the violence in the novel represent?
2. How does the narrator view Elgin's attempts to get the narrator to move away?
(a) Elgin's hatred.
(b) The best in Elgin's nature.
(c) Elgin's pure love.
(d) Elgin's selfishness.
3. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
4. Which of the following thoughts soothes the narrator while living in the countryside?
(a) Louise still loves her.
(b) Louise is still alive.
(c) Louise is happy.
(d) Louise and Elgin will be together.
5. After how many weeks searching for Louise does the narrator decide to go back to the country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is the symbol of mistrust in the novel?
2. What does the reader learn about the narrator over the course of the novel?
3. Who tells the narrator that he or she made a mistake in trusting Elgin?
4. How does Elgin grow throughout the novel?
5. What type of animal does the narrator adopt?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)