|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the narrator becomes so obsessed with Louise?
(a) Work becomes impossible for the narrator.
(b) The narrator begins taking medications
(c) The narrator forgets to pay rent.
(d) The narrator is arrested.
2. Why is it significant that Louise and the narrator go on vacation?
(a) They learn to truly appreciate each other.
(b) They get married.
(c) They build memories.
(d) They learn more about each other.
3. According to the narrator, what is the end of passion?
(c) Old age.
4. Which of the following causes a rift between Elgin and his parents?
(a) Elgin married a woman who is not Jewish.
(b) Elgin did not become a doctor.
(c) Elgin did not have children with his wife.
(d) Elgin married a Jewish woman.
5. Which of the following literary devices most accurately describes Jacqueline's anger?
Short Answer Questions
1. While living in the countryside, who does the narrator try to contact about Louise's health?
2. What does Elgin tell the narrator when the narrator is looking for Louise?
3. What type of home does the narrator rent in the country?
4. Which of the following best describes the narrator when he or she is in a relationship with Jacqueline?
5. What bill does the narrator pay for a full year before moving?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)