|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator alert to help him or her out of handcuffs?
(c) Security guard.
2. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
(b) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
(c) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
(d) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
3. How does Elgin grow throughout the novel?
(a) He realizes that he needs to let Louise be happy.
(b) He realizes that love prevails.
(c) He realizes that his own happiness often relies too much on love.
(d) He does not grow.
4. What language does the narrator translate for work?
5. What explains Louise's easy affection for the narrator?
(a) Her relationship with her father.
(b) Her relationship with Jacqueline.
(c) Her relationship with Elgin.
(d) Her relationship with herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe having an affair?
2. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
3. Which of the following does the narrator most likely feel about infidelity?
4. Who does Louise describe as being bad with people?
5. How did Elgin's mother die?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)