|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the reader view the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator is using Jacqueline.
(b) Jacqueline is using the narrator.
(c) The narrator genuinely loves Jacqueline.
(d) Jacqueline could not care less about her relationship with the narrator.
2. After fighting with Jacqueline, what does the narrator do?
(a) Calls Elgin on the phone.
(b) Wanders the streets.
(c) Fights with a man outside.
(d) Visits an old lover.
3. What type of art did Inge object to?
(c) Graphic design.
(d) Classic paintings.
4. How does the reader perceive Jacqueline's anger?
(a) It is understandable.
(b) It is too intense.
(c) It is understated.
(d) It is overstated.
5. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
(a) He lacks compassion.
(b) He is unhygienic.
(c) He lacks knowledge.
(d) Poor bedside manner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about one day marrying Louise?
2. What condition does Louise have?
3. What is Elgin's religion?
4. Before learning the truth, what did Jacqueline think her relationship with the narrator was?
5. Why does Louise finally decide to leave Elgin?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)