|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
(b) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
(c) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
(d) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
2. Which pairing of characters has the most sexual tension?
(a) Elgin and the narrator.
(b) Louise and Jacqueline.
(c) The narrator and his or her boss.
(d) Louise and the narrator's boss.
3. What is Louise's last name?
4. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
(d) The narrator.
5. What language does the narrator translate for work?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator answer Louise's question about the future of their relationship?
2. Who tells the narrator that he or she made a mistake in trusting Elgin?
3. Which of the following becomes most important to the narrator by the end of the novel?
4. Which of the following states does it seem that the narrator likes, becoming apparent after the narrator moves?
5. Which of the following best describes Inge?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)