|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise say about seeking treatment?
(a) She has already been in treatment.
(b) It's not necessary.
(c) She needs it but has no money.
(d) She needs it but would rather die.
2. Why does the narrator decide to go back to the countryside after looking for Louise?
(a) The narrator would rather be in aguish alone than rattle Louise's new life.
(b) The narrator's boss is willing to have an affair.
(c) The mistake is irreparable.
(d) Louise is probably dead.
3. Which opinion of the narrator's has changed?
(a) Opinion about health conditions.
(b) Opinion about Jacqueline.
(c) Opinion about compassion.
(d) Opinion about marriage.
4. Where does the narrator go second in the search for Louise?
(a) Louise's hospital.
(b) Louise's apartment.
(c) Elgin's research facility.
(d) Elgin's house.
5. What part of art troubled Inge?
(a) The portrayal of the female figure.
(b) The portrayal of animals and humans together.
(c) The portrayal of mother nature.
(d) The portrayal of children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up being at the cottage when the narrator returns from London?
2. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
3. Where does Elgin want Louise to go for treatment?
4. After fighting with Jacqueline, what does the narrator do?
5. Which pairing of characters has the most sexual tension?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)