|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon moving, why does the narrator begin studying?
(a) To tell Louise's story.
(b) To begin working on translations again.
(c) To reveal Elgin as a fraud.
(d) To know what Louise is going through.
2. Which of the following shows how the narrator has grown from the beginning of the novel to the end?
(a) The narrator no longer has anger problems.
(b) The narrator no longer seeks affairs.
(c) The narrator finds it easier to cope with loss.
(d) The narrator realizes that safe harbor is better than danger.
3. Which of the following types of literary devices are present in the novel?
(d) Iambic Pentameter.
4. What is most significant about the narrator?
(a) The narrator has had many affairs.
(b) The reader doesn't understand the narrator's motives.
(c) The narrator is unlikeable.
(d) The reader doesn't know the gender or name of the narrator.
5. What does the narrator compare his or her affair with Louise to?
(a) Other affairs Louise has had.
(b) A couple in therapy.
(c) High school relationships.
(d) Other affairs the narrator has had.
Short Answer Questions
1. After fighting with Jacqueline, who does the narrator go to?
2. What does Elgin ask Louise after he learns the truth?
3. Where does the narrator work?
4. Which of the following describes Jacqueline's allure to the narrator?
5. How did Elgin's mother die?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)