|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decided they had to be the one to walk away concerning Louise's illness?
(c) The narrator.
2. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
3. After the narrator reveals the truth, what is Jacqueline's fate?
(a) She is guaranteed to find love elsewhere.
(b) She is homeless.
(c) She has been saved.
(d) She is now doomed.
4. How does Louise view Elgin?
(b) Purposely hurtful.
5. Which of the following best describes the narrator's opinion of Elgin when he moves away?
(a) Elgin will do something Louise won't appreciate, but it will be for the best.
(b) Elgin is a vengeful person.
(c) Elgin wants the best for Louise.
(d) Elgin is a good-hearted person who is misunderstood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What actually causes Elgin to show emotion?
2. Which of the following describes Jacqueline's allure to the narrator?
3. Which of the following states does it seem that the narrator likes, becoming apparent after the narrator moves?
4. What is most significant about the narrator?
5. Which of the following describes the time Louise and the narrator lived together?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)