|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is most comparable to Jacqueline?
(a) Safe harbor.
(b) Mentally disturbed woman.
(c) Dangerous mine.
(d) Broken heart.
2. What is Elgin's religion?
(a) He is Protestant.
(b) He is Catholic.
(c) He is an atheist.
(d) He is Jewish.
3. How does the narrator answer Louise's question about the future of their relationship?
(a) That it is not important at this point.
(b) That only Elgin stands in the way.
(c) That it's impossible to know at this point.
(d) That only Jacqueline stands in the way
4. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
(a) The opera.
(b) The movie theather.
(c) A museum.
(d) A restaurant.
5. According to the message of the story, what is love more than?
(a) Pleasing everybody.
(b) Growing as a person.
(c) Societal restrictions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which ex-lover seems to effect the narrator the most?
2. Who does Louise describe as being bad with people?
3. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
4. What is the relationship between Louise and Elgin?
5. How does the narrator describe having an affair?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)