|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elgin tell the narrator when the narrator is looking for Louise?
(a) Louise does not want to see him again.
(b) Louise has run away.
(c) Louise has died.
(d) Louise is in the hospital.
2. How does Elgin feel about Louise?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He does not have any feelings for her.
(c) He is ashamed of her.
(d) He wants to be with her even if he also has to be with the narrator.
3. Which character would be considered to be the most heroic in the novel?
(d) The narrator.
4. Which character is foreshadowed to be the "villain"?
(b) The narrator.
5. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(b) Finding love with somebody you previously hated.
(c) Sexual frustration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elgin get tired of hearing?
2. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
3. Where do Louise and the narrator go together on vacation?
4. When the narrator and his or her boss share a bed, why doesn't anything sexual happen between them?
5. How does the narrator view Elgin's attempts to get the narrator to move away?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)