|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following causes a rift between Elgin and his parents?
(a) Elgin married a Jewish woman.
(b) Elgin married a woman who is not Jewish.
(c) Elgin did not become a doctor.
(d) Elgin did not have children with his wife.
2. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
3. Which ex-lover seems to effect the narrator the most?
4. How does the narrator view Elgin's attempts to get the narrator to move away?
(a) Elgin's hatred.
(b) Elgin's selfishness.
(c) The best in Elgin's nature.
(d) Elgin's pure love.
5. According to the narrator, who would never appreciate an affair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
2. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
3. What does Louise say about seeking treatment?
4. Which of the following is the narrator afraid of?
5. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)