|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Elgin about Louise's affair with the narrator?
(b) The narrator.
(d) Elgin's father.
2. What is the narrator afraid of about revealing his or her relationship with Louise?
(a) Getting physically hurt by Jacqueline.
(b) Hurting Jacqueline emotionally.
(c) Not having a place to live.
(d) Getting hurt emotionally by Louise.
3. What type of facility does Elgin say can help Louise?
(a) Pediatric hospital.
(b) Cancer facility.
(c) Research labs.
(d) Psychiatric hospital.
4. Where does the narrator get a job in the country?
5. What does Louise decide to do after the vacation?
(a) Get a divorce.
(b) Get married.
(c) Cause legal trouble for Elgin.
(d) Visit Jacqueline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
2. Who does Jacqueline lock out of her apartment?
3. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
4. Where does Jacqueline work?
5. What does the narrator hope for Louise when he moves away?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)