|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Inge actively object to?
(a) Married women.
(b) Harming those who got in her way.
(c) The destruction of classic buildings.
2. What actually causes Elgin to show emotion?
(a) The death of his father.
(b) Louise's affair.
(c) The narrator's love for Louise.
(d) Louise's diagnosis.
3. What does the narrator hope for Louise when he moves away?
(a) Good mental health.
(b) A full life.
(c) Romantic love with Elgin.
4. What is Elgin worried about after he learns the truth?
(a) The narrator moving in with them.
(b) Jacqueline hurting Louise.
(c) Louise falling in love with the narrator.
(d) Louise leaving him.
5. What does the narrator handcuff himself/herself to?
(a) A desk.
(b) A co-worker.
(c) A chair.
(d) A bookshelf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator view Jacqueline?
2. What does the narrator hope that Elgin can do when he moves away?
3. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
4. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
5. What does Louise ask the narrator when telling him or her about Elgin?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)