|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the handcuff key?
(a) It gets thrown away.
(b) Somebody maliciously hides it.
(c) It is pushed out of reach.
(d) Somebody leaves with it.
2. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(a) Sexual frustration.
(c) Finding love with somebody you previously hated.
3. Why is it significant that Louise and the narrator go on vacation?
(a) They build memories.
(b) They learn to truly appreciate each other.
(c) They learn more about each other.
(d) They get married.
4. Which of the following describes Elgin and Louise's marriage?
(a) They lack physical affection.
(b) They lack compassion for anybody except themselves.
(c) They lack internal affection.
(d) They don't spend any time together anymore.
5. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
(a) Louise and the narrator do not actually care for each other.
(b) Louise will not have a sexual relationship with the narrator.
(c) Louise and the narrator do not live together.
(d) Louise won't let the narrator express love for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon moving to the country, what does the narrator begin to study?
2. Which of the following best describes the narrator when he or she is in a relationship with Jacqueline?
3. How did Elgin's mother die?
4. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
5. Who does Jacqueline lock out of her apartment?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)