|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
2. Which of the following is the narrator afraid of?
(a) Louise treating their relationship like an affair.
(b) Jacqueline hurting Louise and Elgin.
(c) Elgin finding out about Louise's affair with the narrator.
(d) Louise fearing a relationship with the narrator.
3. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(b) Finding love with somebody you previously hated.
(c) Sexual frustration.
4. What does the narrator consider unsatisfying when done alone?
(a) Watch people through windows.
(b) Drink coffee.
(c) Go to the bookstore.
(d) Eat at a restaurant.
5. Which of the following is Louise's goal?
(a) To escape her boring and unromantic life.
(b) To get away from Elgin.
(c) To pursue a dream career.
(d) To be with the narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
2. Which of the following best describes the narrator's ultimate goal?
3. What is the relationship between Louise and Elgin?
4. Who was Jacqueline married to?
5. Why does Louise finally decide to leave Elgin?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)