|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator feels bad for her.
(b) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
(c) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
(d) The narrator loves her.
2. Who convinces the narrator to leave Louise?
(d) A co-worker.
3. Which of the following best describes the narrator's opinion of Elgin when he moves away?
(a) Elgin will do something Louise won't appreciate, but it will be for the best.
(b) Elgin is a good-hearted person who is misunderstood.
(c) Elgin wants the best for Louise.
(d) Elgin is a vengeful person.
4. What does the narrator hope that Elgin can do when he moves away?
(a) Learn to show emotion for Louise.
(b) Cure Louise's cancer.
(c) Take Louise somewhere she can be happy.
(d) Get Louise psychiatric help.
5. After fighting with Jacqueline, who does the narrator go to?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
2. According to the narrator, what is the end of passion?
3. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
4. What are the names of Elgin's parents?
5. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)