|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decided they had to be the one to walk away concerning Louise's illness?
(c) The narrator.
2. Where does the narrator get a job in the country?
3. How does the narrator view Jacqueline?
(c) Out of shape.
4. What does Elgin ask Louise after he learns the truth?
(a) If she will divorce him.
(b) If she will have a child with him.
(c) If she will move away with him.
(d) If she will move out of the house.
5. Which of the following describes Elgin and Louise's marriage?
(a) They lack internal affection.
(b) They lack compassion for anybody except themselves.
(c) They don't spend any time together anymore.
(d) They lack physical affection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
2. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
3. What must be damaged to free the narrator from handcuffs?
4. How does the narrator feel upon moving away?
5. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)