|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the narrator afraid of?
(a) Louise fearing a relationship with the narrator.
(b) Jacqueline hurting Louise and Elgin.
(c) Louise treating their relationship like an affair.
(d) Elgin finding out about Louise's affair with the narrator.
2. What can the reader infer about Elgin before the narrator moves?
(a) Elgin would like the narrator to die.
(b) Elgin would like to kill Louise.
(c) Elgin wants to get revenge for the narrator's indiscretion.
(d) Elgin loves Louise despite everything.
3. Where does the narrator work?
4. Where does the narrator get a job in the country?
5. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
(a) The narrator is reliable.
(b) The narrator is completely unreliable.
(c) The narrator's judgement is affected by the past.
(d) The narrator is not reliable, and he or she admits it.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Louise, what is Elgin best suited for?
2. Which character is foreshadowed to be the "villain"?
3. According to the narrator, who would appreciate an affair?
4. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
5. What happens to the handcuff key?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)