|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise admit about her disorder?
(a) She does have a disorder and is waiting for test results.
(b) She denies having health conditions.
(c) She has no idea what Elgin is talking about.
(d) She is dying.
2. What language does the narrator translate for work?
3. What does the narrator hope for Louise when he moves away?
(a) Good mental health.
(b) A full life.
(d) Romantic love with Elgin.
4. Upon moving, why does the narrator begin studying?
(a) To tell Louise's story.
(b) To know what Louise is going through.
(c) To begin working on translations again.
(d) To reveal Elgin as a fraud.
5. What does Louise ask the narrator when telling him or her about Elgin?
(a) If they have a chance of lasting.
(b) If their relationship will include children.
(c) If their relationship will include living together.
(d) If their relationship will include marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Louise and the narrator live together?
2. According to the narrator, who would never appreciate an affair?
3. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
4. What happens to the handcuff key?
5. Which character is foreshadowed to be the "villain"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)