|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elgin feel about Louise?
(a) He is ashamed of her.
(b) He does not have any feelings for her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He wants to be with her even if he also has to be with the narrator.
2. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
3. What does Louise say about seeking treatment?
(a) She needs it but has no money.
(b) She has already been in treatment.
(c) It's not necessary.
(d) She needs it but would rather die.
4. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(b) Sexual frustration.
(c) Finding love with somebody you previously hated.
5. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
(a) Relationships become boring.
(b) Long-term relationships are no longer possible.
(c) Men are not able to please women.
(d) Women are forced into marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the narrator's opinion of Elgin when he moves away?
2. How does the reader perceive Jacqueline's anger?
3. Which of the following describes Elgin and Louise's marriage?
4. Why is it significant that Louise and the narrator go on vacation?
5. What type of people was Frank raised by?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)