|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
(b) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
(c) The narrator loves her.
(d) The narrator feels bad for her.
2. How does the narrator feel about one day marrying Louise?
(a) The narrator fears marrying Louise.
(b) The narrator thinks Louise has more to benefit from marriage than the narrator does.
(c) The narrator wants to marry Louise.
(d) The narrator does not believe in any marriage.
3. What must be damaged to free the narrator from handcuffs?
4. What does the narrator hope for Louise when he moves away?
(a) Romantic love with Elgin.
(c) Good mental health.
(d) A full life.
5. What did Jacqueline destroy in her apartment?
(a) Kitchen appliances.
(b) Bathroom fixtures.
(c) Ceiling tiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
2. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
3. Why does Louise finally decide to leave Elgin?
4. Which of the following is the narrator afraid of?
5. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)