|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before learning the truth, what did Jacqueline think her relationship with the narrator was?
(a) A commitment.
(b) A marriage.
(c) A one-sided relationship.
(d) A casual encounter.
2. What is most significant about the narrator?
(a) The narrator has had many affairs.
(b) The narrator is unlikeable.
(c) The reader doesn't understand the narrator's motives.
(d) The reader doesn't know the gender or name of the narrator.
3. According to Louise, what is Elgin best suited for?
(a) Treating patients.
(b) Being a parent.
4. What is Elgin's religion?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) He is Protestant.
(c) He is an atheist.
(d) He is Catholic.
5. What actually causes Elgin to show emotion?
(a) Louise's affair.
(b) Louise's diagnosis.
(c) The narrator's love for Louise.
(d) The death of his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
2. Who does Louise describe as being bad with people?
3. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
4. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
5. Which opinion of the narrator's has changed?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)