|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
2. What does Louise say about seeking treatment?
(a) It's not necessary.
(b) She has already been in treatment.
(c) She needs it but would rather die.
(d) She needs it but has no money.
3. What does the narrator consider unsatisfying when done alone?
(a) Drink coffee.
(b) Watch people through windows.
(c) Eat at a restaurant.
(d) Go to the bookstore.
4. Where is Louise from?
5. How does the narrator feel about one day marrying Louise?
(a) The narrator wants to marry Louise.
(b) The narrator fears marrying Louise.
(c) The narrator does not believe in any marriage.
(d) The narrator thinks Louise has more to benefit from marriage than the narrator does.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
2. Who does the narrator hit?
3. According to Louise, what is Elgin best suited for?
4. When did the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline stop expanding?
5. Who promises to keep the narrator informed about Louise's condition?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)