|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the biggest representation of foreshadowing?
2. What did Elgin study?
(c) Food preparation.
3. How does the narrator answer Louise's question about the future of their relationship?
(a) That only Jacqueline stands in the way
(b) That it's impossible to know at this point.
(c) That it is not important at this point.
(d) That only Elgin stands in the way.
4. According to Louise, what is Elgin best suited for?
(b) Being a parent.
(c) Treating patients.
5. What type of woman is the narrator known to seek out?
(a) Married women.
(b) Educated women.
(c) Shy women.
(d) Angry women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise ask the narrator when telling him or her about Elgin?
2. What type of facility does Elgin say can help Louise?
3. How long do Louise and the narrator live together?
4. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
5. According to the narrator, what is commitment?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)