|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
(a) He lacks knowledge.
(b) Poor bedside manner.
(c) He lacks compassion.
(d) He is unhygienic.
2. What is Louise's last name?
3. How does the narrator answer Louise's question about the future of their relationship?
(a) That it is not important at this point.
(b) That only Elgin stands in the way.
(c) That it's impossible to know at this point.
(d) That only Jacqueline stands in the way
4. After the narrator reveals the truth, what is Jacqueline's fate?
(a) She is guaranteed to find love elsewhere.
(b) She is homeless.
(c) She is now doomed.
(d) She has been saved.
5. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator feels bad for her.
(b) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
(c) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
(d) The narrator loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, who would appreciate an affair?
2. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
3. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
4. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
5. According to the narrator, who would never appreciate an affair?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)