|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The movie theather.
(c) A museum.
(d) The opera.
2. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
(a) The narrator.
3. Who was Jacqueline married to?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A writer.
(c) A painter.
(d) A professor.
4. After the narrator reveals the truth, what is Jacqueline's fate?
(a) She has been saved.
(b) She is homeless.
(c) She is now doomed.
(d) She is guaranteed to find love elsewhere.
5. Which of the following is most comparable to Jacqueline?
(a) Dangerous mine.
(b) Safe harbor.
(c) Mentally disturbed woman.
(d) Broken heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
2. What is the narrator afraid of about revealing his or her relationship with Louise?
3. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
4. Which of the following causes a rift between Elgin and his parents?
5. How does the narrator feel about one day marrying Louise?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)