|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
(a) Louise and the narrator do not live together.
(b) Louise will not have a sexual relationship with the narrator.
(c) Louise won't let the narrator express love for her.
(d) Louise and the narrator do not actually care for each other.
2. Who was Jacqueline married to?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A painter.
(c) A writer.
(d) A professor.
3. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
(a) The narrator is reliable.
(b) The narrator's judgement is affected by the past.
(c) The narrator is completely unreliable.
(d) The narrator is not reliable, and he or she admits it.
4. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
(c) An appearance put on for family and friends.
(d) Cleaning and cooking.
5. What does Louise ask the narrator when telling him or her about Elgin?
(a) If they have a chance of lasting.
(b) If their relationship will include living together.
(c) If their relationship will include children.
(d) If their relationship will include marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator consider unsatisfying when done alone?
2. Which of the following best describes the narrator's sexual relationship with Jacqueline?
3. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
4. Which of the following types of literary devices are present in the novel?
5. Why does the narrator tell so many women that he or she loves them?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)