|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Elgin's mother die?
(a) Gun injury.
(b) Complications after surgery.
(c) Car accident.
2. How does the narrator believe Louise feels about Elgin?
(a) Louise feels passionately about him.
(b) Louise has affection for him.
(c) Louise hates him.
(d) Louise is in danger being with Elgin.
3. Who did the narrator date immediately after Bathsheba?
4. Which of the following is most comparable to Jacqueline?
(a) Dangerous mine.
(b) Broken heart.
(c) Safe harbor.
(d) Mentally disturbed woman.
5. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
(a) Emotive language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacqueline destroy in her apartment?
2. After fighting with Jacqueline, what does the narrator do?
3. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
4. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
5. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)