|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jacqueline attack?
(a) The narrator.
2. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
(b) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
(c) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
(d) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
3. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
(a) He lacks compassion.
(b) Poor bedside manner.
(c) He is unhygienic.
(d) He lacks knowledge.
4. What is most significant about the narrator?
(a) The narrator is unlikeable.
(b) The narrator has had many affairs.
(c) The reader doesn't understand the narrator's motives.
(d) The reader doesn't know the gender or name of the narrator.
5. What does Louise refuse to accept from the narrator?
(a) Expressions of affection.
(b) Sexual advances.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
2. When did the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline stop expanding?
3. What did Elgin study?
4. What did Bathsheba bring out most in the narrator?
5. Why does the narrator tell so many women that he or she loves them?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)