|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following literary devices most accurately describes Jacqueline's anger?
2. What does the violence in the novel represent?
3. What does the narrator consider unsatisfying when done alone?
(a) Drink coffee.
(b) Eat at a restaurant.
(c) Go to the bookstore.
(d) Watch people through windows.
4. Which of the following did Inge actively object to?
(b) Married women.
(c) The destruction of classic buildings.
(d) Harming those who got in her way.
5. How does the narrator believe Louise feels about Elgin?
(a) Louise has affection for him.
(b) Louise feels passionately about him.
(c) Louise hates him.
(d) Louise is in danger being with Elgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
2. What is the narrator scared will happen if he or she reveals his or her true feelings to Louise?
3. According to the narrator, what is commitment?
4. Who does Jacqueline attack?
5. According to the narrator, who would never appreciate an affair?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)