|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise refuse to accept from the narrator?
(a) Sexual advances.
(b) Expressions of affection.
2. Where does the narrator work?
3. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
4. What does Louise ask the narrator when telling him or her about Elgin?
(a) If their relationship will include marriage.
(b) If they have a chance of lasting.
(c) If their relationship will include living together.
(d) If their relationship will include children.
5. What part of art troubled Inge?
(a) The portrayal of the female figure.
(b) The portrayal of animals and humans together.
(c) The portrayal of mother nature.
(d) The portrayal of children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elgin worried about after he learns the truth?
2. What does the narrator consider unsatisfying when done alone?
3. According to Louise, what is Elgin best suited for?
4. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
5. After fighting with Jacqueline, what does the narrator do?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)