|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Inge actively object to?
(a) Harming those who got in her way.
(b) The destruction of classic buildings.
(c) Married women.
2. Who tells Elgin about Louise's affair with the narrator?
(b) The narrator.
(d) Elgin's father.
3. According to the narrator, what is the end of passion?
(c) Old age.
4. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
(a) Louise will not have a sexual relationship with the narrator.
(b) Louise won't let the narrator express love for her.
(c) Louise and the narrator do not live together.
(d) Louise and the narrator do not actually care for each other.
5. Who does Jacqueline attack?
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
2. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
3. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
4. What is the narrator scared will happen if he or she reveals his or her true feelings to Louise?
5. Which of the following best describes the narrator's sexual relationship with Jacqueline?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)