|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
(a) A sexually transmitted disease.
(b) A group of violent men.
(c) An illegal gambling ring.
(d) Drug culture.
2. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
(a) Less than 10 percent of them.
(b) All of them.
(c) Half of them.
(d) A quarter of them.
3. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator loves her.
(b) The narrator feels bad for her.
(c) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
(d) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
4. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
(a) He lacks knowledge.
(b) He lacks compassion.
(c) He is unhygienic.
(d) Poor bedside manner.
5. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
(a) An appearance put on for family and friends.
(d) Cleaning and cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
2. What did Elgin study?
3. After fighting with Jacqueline, what does the narrator do?
4. What is Elgin worried about after he learns the truth?
5. What type of art did Inge object to?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)