|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
(a) He understands it.
(b) He is completely comfortable with it.
(c) He loathes the idea.
(d) He is disgusted by Louise.
2. How did Elgin's mother die?
(a) Gun injury.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Complications after surgery.
3. Which character is foreshadowed to be the "villain"?
(a) The narrator.
4. What does Louise refuse to accept from the narrator?
(a) Expressions of affection.
(c) Sexual advances.
5. Which of the following types of literary devices are present in the novel?
(b) Iambic Pentameter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following causes a rift between Elgin and his parents?
2. How does the narrator view Jacqueline?
3. What relationship does the reader fear the narrator will have with Louise?
4. How does the narrator describe having an affair?
5. According to the narrator, what is the end of passion?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)