|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elgin ask Louise after he learns the truth?
(a) If she will divorce him.
(b) If she will have a child with him.
(c) If she will move away with him.
(d) If she will move out of the house.
2. What does Louise refuse to accept from the narrator?
(b) Expressions of affection.
(c) Sexual advances.
3. When did the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline stop expanding?
(a) When they moved in together.
(b) When they met each other's parents.
(c) When they had a child.
(d) When they got married.
4. Which of the following did Inge actively object to?
(b) The destruction of classic buildings.
(c) Harming those who got in her way.
(d) Married women.
5. According to the narrator, what is commitment?
(a) The here and now of a relationship.
(b) A conscious choice.
(c) A lack of effort.
(d) A pact to remain with somebody forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
2. After the narrator reveals the truth, what is Jacqueline's fate?
3. Which of the following best describes the narrator's sexual relationship with Jacqueline?
4. How does Elgin feel about Louise?
5. What does the violence in the novel represent?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)