|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jacqueline destroy in her apartment?
(a) Kitchen appliances.
(b) Bathroom fixtures.
(c) Ceiling tiles.
2. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
(a) Less than 10 percent of them.
(b) A quarter of them.
(c) All of them.
(d) Half of them.
3. What does the narrator consider unsatisfying when done alone?
(a) Watch people through windows.
(b) Eat at a restaurant.
(c) Go to the bookstore.
(d) Drink coffee.
4. According to the narrator, who would appreciate an affair?
5. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
(a) Emotive language.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Louise, what is Elgin best suited for?
2. What is most significant about the narrator?
3. What is the narrator scared will happen if he or she reveals his or her true feelings to Louise?
4. How does the reader view the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline?
5. Who does Jacqueline attack?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)