|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
(a) He lacks knowledge.
(b) He is unhygienic.
(c) Poor bedside manner.
(d) He lacks compassion.
2. Who tells Elgin about Louise's affair with the narrator?
(b) The narrator.
(c) Elgin's father.
3. What is Elgin's religion?
(a) He is Protestant.
(b) He is Catholic.
(c) He is an atheist.
(d) He is Jewish.
4. Who does Jacqueline attack?
(d) The narrator.
5. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(a) Sexual frustration.
(d) Finding love with somebody you previously hated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is the biggest representation of foreshadowing?
2. What did Jacqueline destroy in her apartment?
3. Which opinion of the narrator's has changed?
4. Where does the narrator work?
5. What is Louise's last name?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)