|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
(b) Emotive language.
2. After fighting with Jacqueline, what does the narrator do?
(a) Wanders the streets.
(b) Fights with a man outside.
(c) Calls Elgin on the phone.
(d) Visits an old lover.
3. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator loves her.
(b) The narrator feels bad for her.
(c) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
(d) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
4. Which of the following types of literary devices are present in the novel?
(d) Iambic Pentameter.
5. Which of the following does the narrator most likely feel about infidelity?
(a) Infidelity is immoral.
(b) Infidelity is only okay for the narrator and his or her lovers.
(c) Infidelity is acceptable.
(d) Infidelity makes the narrator angry but the narrator enjoys being devious.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Louise react to the narrator's act of violence?
2. Which of the following describes Jacqueline's allure to the narrator?
3. Where is Louise from?
4. How does the reader perceive Jacqueline's anger?
5. What is most significant about the narrator?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)