|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
(a) An illegal gambling ring.
(b) A sexually transmitted disease.
(c) A group of violent men.
(d) Drug culture.
2. Who does Jacqueline attack?
(c) The narrator.
3. According to the narrator, what is commitment?
(a) A lack of effort.
(b) The here and now of a relationship.
(c) A conscious choice.
(d) A pact to remain with somebody forever.
4. Which of the following best describes Elgin's parents?
5. Which of the following types of literary devices are present in the novel?
(c) Iambic Pentameter.
Short Answer Questions
1. After fighting with Jacqueline, what does the narrator do?
2. When did the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline stop expanding?
3. What does Louise ask the narrator when telling him or her about Elgin?
4. What type of people was Frank raised by?
5. Whose belongings does Jacqueline destroy?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)