|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
(b) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
(c) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
(d) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
2. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator loves her.
(b) The narrator feels bad for her.
(c) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
(d) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
3. After fighting with Jacqueline, who does the narrator go to?
4. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(b) Finding love with somebody you previously hated.
(d) Sexual frustration.
5. What part of art troubled Inge?
(a) The portrayal of the female figure.
(b) The portrayal of animals and humans together.
(c) The portrayal of children.
(d) The portrayal of mother nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Elgin's parents?
2. What type of art did Inge object to?
3. How does the narrator view Jacqueline?
4. What does the narrator consider unsatisfying when done alone?
5. How does the narrator answer Louise's question about the future of their relationship?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)