|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Louise describe as being bad with people?
(b) The narrator.
2. What is the relationship between Louise and Elgin?
(a) They are dating.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They are related.
3. What does Louise ask the narrator when telling him or her about Elgin?
(a) If their relationship will include marriage.
(b) If their relationship will include living together.
(c) If their relationship will include children.
(d) If they have a chance of lasting.
4. How does the reader view the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator genuinely loves Jacqueline.
(b) Jacqueline is using the narrator.
(c) Jacqueline could not care less about her relationship with the narrator.
(d) The narrator is using Jacqueline.
5. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
(a) When Jacqueline knows about the relationship.
(b) When Louise has left Elgin.
(c) When they live toether.
(d) When the narrator means it.
Short Answer Questions
1. After fighting with Jacqueline, what does the narrator do?
2. Where does Jacqueline work?
3. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
4. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
5. Which of the following best describes Elgin's parents?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)