|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elgin ask Louise after he learns the truth?
(a) If she will move out of the house.
(b) If she will have a child with him.
(c) If she will move away with him.
(d) If she will divorce him.
2. How does the narrator answer Louise's question about the future of their relationship?
(a) That only Jacqueline stands in the way
(b) That only Elgin stands in the way.
(c) That it's impossible to know at this point.
(d) That it is not important at this point.
3. Which opinion of the narrator's has changed?
(a) Opinion about marriage.
(b) Opinion about Jacqueline.
(c) Opinion about compassion.
(d) Opinion about health conditions.
4. What relationship does the reader fear the narrator will have with Louise?
(a) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Bathsheba.
(b) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Frank.
(c) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline.
(d) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Inge.
5. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
(a) Louise and the narrator do not live together.
(b) Louise won't let the narrator express love for her.
(c) Louise and the narrator do not actually care for each other.
(d) Louise will not have a sexual relationship with the narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, who would never appreciate an affair?
2. According to the narrator, what is commitment?
3. How does the narrator describe having an affair?
4. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
5. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)