|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about one day marrying Louise?
(a) The narrator wants to marry Louise.
(b) The narrator fears marrying Louise.
(c) The narrator thinks Louise has more to benefit from marriage than the narrator does.
(d) The narrator does not believe in any marriage.
2. What part of art troubled Inge?
(a) The portrayal of animals and humans together.
(b) The portrayal of the female figure.
(c) The portrayal of mother nature.
(d) The portrayal of children.
3. According to the narrator, who would appreciate an affair?
4. What relationship does the reader fear the narrator will have with Louise?
(a) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Bathsheba.
(b) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Inge.
(c) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Frank.
(d) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline.
5. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(a) The past is always hurtful.
(b) Lost relationships.
(c) Angry ex-lovers.
(d) Loving somebody you can't have.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jacqueline work?
2. Who tells Elgin about Louise's affair with the narrator?
3. Which of the following describes Elgin and Louise's marriage?
4. Which of the following best describes Bruno?
5. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)