|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bathsheba bring out most in the narrator?
(a) A bad side.
(b) A shy side.
(c) A sexual side.
(d) A philosophical side.
2. Which of the following best describes the narrator when he or she is in a relationship with Jacqueline?
3. Who does Jacqueline lock out of her apartment?
(b) The narrator.
4. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
(a) Poor bedside manner.
(b) He lacks compassion.
(c) He lacks knowledge.
(d) He is unhygienic.
5. Which of the following is Louise's goal?
(a) To be with the narrator.
(b) To pursue a dream career.
(c) To escape her boring and unromantic life.
(d) To get away from Elgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of art troubled Inge?
2. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
3. How does the narrator believe Louise feels about Elgin?
4. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
5. Where is Louise from?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)