|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
(a) A museum.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The movie theather.
(d) The opera.
2. What does the narrator compare his or her affair with Louise to?
(a) Other affairs Louise has had.
(b) High school relationships.
(c) A couple in therapy.
(d) Other affairs the narrator has had.
3. Who does Jacqueline attack?
(b) The narrator.
4. What is Elgin worried about after he learns the truth?
(a) Louise falling in love with the narrator.
(b) Jacqueline hurting Louise.
(c) The narrator moving in with them.
(d) Louise leaving him.
5. How does the narrator believe Louise feels about Elgin?
(a) Louise feels passionately about him.
(b) Louise hates him.
(c) Louise is in danger being with Elgin.
(d) Louise has affection for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise ask the narrator when telling him or her about Elgin?
2. What does Louise refuse to accept from the narrator?
3. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
4. What are the names of Elgin's parents?
5. Which of the following causes a rift between Elgin and his parents?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)