|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe having an affair?
(d) Vital to society.
2. What does the violence in the novel represent?
3. Which of the following describes Elgin and Louise's marriage?
(a) They don't spend any time together anymore.
(b) They lack internal affection.
(c) They lack compassion for anybody except themselves.
(d) They lack physical affection.
4. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
(c) Emotive language.
5. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
(a) Women are forced into marriage.
(b) Men are not able to please women.
(c) Relationships become boring.
(d) Long-term relationships are no longer possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explains Louise's easy affection for the narrator?
2. Which of the following is Louise's goal?
3. What is Louise's last name?
4. According to the narrator, who would appreciate an affair?
5. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)