|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe having an affair?
(c) Vital to society.
2. After fighting with Jacqueline, who does the narrator go to?
3. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
(b) An appearance put on for family and friends.
(c) Cleaning and cooking.
4. Which of the following types of literary devices are present in the novel?
(c) Iambic Pentameter.
5. Which of the following does the narrator most likely feel about infidelity?
(a) Infidelity is acceptable.
(b) Infidelity is only okay for the narrator and his or her lovers.
(c) Infidelity makes the narrator angry but the narrator enjoys being devious.
(d) Infidelity is immoral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Elgin about Louise's affair with the narrator?
2. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
3. After the narrator reveals the truth, what is Jacqueline's fate?
4. Which of the following is most comparable to Jacqueline?
5. Which character is foreshadowed to be the "villain"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)