|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Louise view Elgin?
(c) Purposely hurtful.
2. After the narrator reveals the truth, what is Jacqueline's fate?
(a) She is guaranteed to find love elsewhere.
(b) She is homeless.
(c) She is now doomed.
(d) She has been saved.
3. Which of the following is Louise's goal?
(a) To be with the narrator.
(b) To pursue a dream career.
(c) To get away from Elgin.
(d) To escape her boring and unromantic life.
4. Which of the following did Inge actively object to?
(a) The destruction of classic buildings.
(b) Harming those who got in her way.
(c) Married women.
5. According to the narrator, what is commitment?
(a) A lack of effort.
(b) A conscious choice.
(c) The here and now of a relationship.
(d) A pact to remain with somebody forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Elgin about Louise's affair with the narrator?
2. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
3. Which of the following describes Jacqueline's allure to the narrator?
4. Who does Louise describe as being bad with people?
5. Whose belongings does Jacqueline destroy?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)