|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the end of passion?
(d) Old age.
2. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
(c) The narrator.
3. How does the reader view the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) Jacqueline is using the narrator.
(b) Jacqueline could not care less about her relationship with the narrator.
(c) The narrator genuinely loves Jacqueline.
(d) The narrator is using Jacqueline.
4. How does the narrator feel about one day marrying Louise?
(a) The narrator thinks Louise has more to benefit from marriage than the narrator does.
(b) The narrator does not believe in any marriage.
(c) The narrator wants to marry Louise.
(d) The narrator fears marrying Louise.
5. Who does the narrator hit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Elgin's parents?
2. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
3. What did Jacqueline destroy in her apartment?
4. How does the narrator view Jacqueline?
5. What does Elgin ask Louise after he learns the truth?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)