|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
(b) The narrator loves her.
(c) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
(d) The narrator feels bad for her.
2. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
3. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
(a) The narrator.
4. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
(a) Louise won't let the narrator express love for her.
(b) Louise and the narrator do not actually care for each other.
(c) Louise will not have a sexual relationship with the narrator.
(d) Louise and the narrator do not live together.
5. Which of the following causes a rift between Elgin and his parents?
(a) Elgin married a woman who is not Jewish.
(b) Elgin married a Jewish woman.
(c) Elgin did not become a doctor.
(d) Elgin did not have children with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
2. Which of the following best describes Inge?
3. What relationship does the reader fear the narrator will have with Louise?
4. What is the relationship between Louise and Elgin?
5. When the narrator goes on a first date with Louise, who is he or she supposed to spend the night with?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)