|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
2. What is Elgin's religion?
(a) He is Catholic.
(b) He is an atheist.
(c) He is Protestant.
(d) He is Jewish.
3. Which of the following is most comparable to Jacqueline?
(a) Broken heart.
(b) Safe harbor.
(c) Mentally disturbed woman.
(d) Dangerous mine.
4. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator feels bad for her.
(b) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
(c) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
(d) The narrator loves her.
5. What is the narrator afraid of about revealing his or her relationship with Louise?
(a) Not having a place to live.
(b) Hurting Jacqueline emotionally.
(c) Getting hurt emotionally by Louise.
(d) Getting physically hurt by Jacqueline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the narrator date immediately after Bathsheba?
2. Who was Jacqueline married to?
3. What type of art did Inge object to?
4. What did Bathsheba bring out most in the narrator?
5. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)