|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
(a) Men are not able to please women.
(b) Long-term relationships are no longer possible.
(c) Relationships become boring.
(d) Women are forced into marriage.
2. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
(c) Emotive language.
3. Who was Jacqueline married to?
(a) A painter.
(b) A writer.
(c) A professor.
(d) A dentist.
4. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
(a) An illegal gambling ring.
(b) A group of violent men.
(c) Drug culture.
(d) A sexually transmitted disease.
5. What is the narrator afraid of about revealing his or her relationship with Louise?
(a) Getting hurt emotionally by Louise.
(b) Not having a place to live.
(c) Getting physically hurt by Jacqueline.
(d) Hurting Jacqueline emotionally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Inge?
2. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
3. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
4. What is most significant about the narrator?
5. Which of the following best describes Bruno?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)