|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes Jacqueline's allure to the narrator?
2. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
(a) Louise will not have a sexual relationship with the narrator.
(b) Louise won't let the narrator express love for her.
(c) Louise and the narrator do not actually care for each other.
(d) Louise and the narrator do not live together.
3. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
(b) Emotive language.
4. Why does the narrator tell so many women that he or she loves them?
(a) The narrator genuinely loved them.
(b) The narrator loves all women.
(c) The narrator enjoys deceit.
(d) It is easy for the narrator.
5. Who did the narrator date immediately after Bathsheba?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the narrator most likely feel about infidelity?
2. What does Louise refuse to accept from the narrator?
3. What relationship does the reader fear the narrator will have with Louise?
4. When the narrator goes on a first date with Louise, who is he or she supposed to spend the night with?
5. Which of the following best describes Inge?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)