|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator goes on a first date with Louise, who is he or she supposed to spend the night with?
2. How does the reader view the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator genuinely loves Jacqueline.
(b) Jacqueline is using the narrator.
(c) Jacqueline could not care less about her relationship with the narrator.
(d) The narrator is using Jacqueline.
3. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
(a) Louise and the narrator do not actually care for each other.
(b) Louise and the narrator do not live together.
(c) Louise won't let the narrator express love for her.
(d) Louise will not have a sexual relationship with the narrator.
4. Which of the following best describes Elgin's parents?
5. What is most significant about the narrator?
(a) The narrator has had many affairs.
(b) The reader doesn't know the gender or name of the narrator.
(c) The reader doesn't understand the narrator's motives.
(d) The narrator is unlikeable.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
2. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
3. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
4. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
5. What does the narrator compare his or her affair with Louise to?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)