|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following causes a rift between Elgin and his parents?
(a) Elgin did not become a doctor.
(b) Elgin did not have children with his wife.
(c) Elgin married a Jewish woman.
(d) Elgin married a woman who is not Jewish.
2. Where is Louise from?
3. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
(a) The narrator is reliable.
(b) The narrator is completely unreliable.
(c) The narrator's judgement is affected by the past.
(d) The narrator is not reliable, and he or she admits it.
4. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
(a) A group of violent men.
(b) A sexually transmitted disease.
(c) An illegal gambling ring.
(d) Drug culture.
5. Which character is the biggest representation of foreshadowing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bathsheba bring out most in the narrator?
2. When the narrator goes on a first date with Louise, who is he or she supposed to spend the night with?
3. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
4. Which of the following best describes the narrator's sexual relationship with Jacqueline?
5. Where does Jacqueline work?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)