|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of art did Inge object to?
(a) Graphic design.
(c) Classic paintings.
2. What is most significant about the narrator?
(a) The reader doesn't understand the narrator's motives.
(b) The reader doesn't know the gender or name of the narrator.
(c) The narrator has had many affairs.
(d) The narrator is unlikeable.
3. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
(a) The narrator is reliable.
(b) The narrator is completely unreliable.
(c) The narrator is not reliable, and he or she admits it.
(d) The narrator's judgement is affected by the past.
4. What part of art troubled Inge?
(a) The portrayal of children.
(b) The portrayal of mother nature.
(c) The portrayal of animals and humans together.
(d) The portrayal of the female figure.
5. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
(a) Emotive language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare his or her affair with Louise to?
2. Who was Jacqueline married to?
3. What type of people was Frank raised by?
4. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
5. Where does Jacqueline work?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)