|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
(d) Emotive language.
2. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
(b) An appearance put on for family and friends.
(c) Cleaning and cooking.
3. What is most significant about the narrator?
(a) The reader doesn't know the gender or name of the narrator.
(b) The narrator has had many affairs.
(c) The narrator is unlikeable.
(d) The reader doesn't understand the narrator's motives.
4. Which of the following describes Jacqueline's allure to the narrator?
5. Who did the narrator date immediately after Bathsheba?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bathsheba bring out most in the narrator?
2. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
3. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
4. Which of the following best describes the narrator's sexual relationship with Jacqueline?
5. Which of the following best describes Inge?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)