|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The opera.
(c) The movie theather.
(d) A museum.
2. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
3. Which of the following best describes the narrator's sexual relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator does not believe in sexual attraction.
(b) Jacqueline does not want to have sex with the narrator.
(c) The narrator is not sexually attracted to Jacqueline.
(d) The narrator is passionate about Jacqueline.
4. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator loves her.
(b) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
(c) The narrator feels bad for her.
(d) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
5. What is most significant about the narrator?
(a) The reader doesn't know the gender or name of the narrator.
(b) The narrator is unlikeable.
(c) The narrator has had many affairs.
(d) The reader doesn't understand the narrator's motives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
2. Which of the following does the narrator most likely feel about infidelity?
3. How does the reader view the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline?
4. Where does Jacqueline work?
5. What part of art troubled Inge?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)