|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
(a) A group of violent men.
(b) An illegal gambling ring.
(c) A sexually transmitted disease.
(d) Drug culture.
2. Which of the following does the narrator most likely feel about infidelity?
(a) Infidelity makes the narrator angry but the narrator enjoys being devious.
(b) Infidelity is acceptable.
(c) Infidelity is only okay for the narrator and his or her lovers.
(d) Infidelity is immoral.
3. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
4. What type of people was Frank raised by?
5. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
(a) Cleaning and cooking.
(c) An appearance put on for family and friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the narrator's sexual relationship with Jacqueline?
2. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
3. When did the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline stop expanding?
4. Who was Jacqueline married to?
5. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)