|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
(b) An appearance put on for family and friends.
(c) Cleaning and cooking.
2. How does the reader view the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator genuinely loves Jacqueline.
(b) The narrator is using Jacqueline.
(c) Jacqueline is using the narrator.
(d) Jacqueline could not care less about her relationship with the narrator.
3. What does the narrator compare his or her affair with Louise to?
(a) A couple in therapy.
(b) Other affairs the narrator has had.
(c) High school relationships.
(d) Other affairs Louise has had.
4. Which of the following best describes Elgin's parents?
5. What did Bathsheba bring out most in the narrator?
(a) A philosophical side.
(b) A sexual side.
(c) A bad side.
(d) A shy side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
2. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
3. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
4. Where is Louise from?
5. What part of art troubled Inge?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)