|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
(a) The narrator is reliable.
(b) The narrator is completely unreliable.
(c) The narrator is not reliable, and he or she admits it.
(d) The narrator's judgement is affected by the past.
2. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
3. What is Elgin's religion?
(a) He is Catholic.
(b) He is Jewish.
(c) He is Protestant.
(d) He is an atheist.
4. How does the narrator view Jacqueline?
(d) Out of shape.
5. When did the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline stop expanding?
(a) When they had a child.
(b) When they met each other's parents.
(c) When they moved in together.
(d) When they got married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes Jacqueline's allure to the narrator?
2. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
3. What part of art troubled Inge?
4. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
5. What does the narrator compare his or her affair with Louise to?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)