|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is most significant about the narrator?
(a) The narrator is unlikeable.
(b) The reader doesn't understand the narrator's motives.
(c) The narrator has had many affairs.
(d) The reader doesn't know the gender or name of the narrator.
2. What does the narrator compare his or her affair with Louise to?
(a) A couple in therapy.
(b) Other affairs Louise has had.
(c) Other affairs the narrator has had.
(d) High school relationships.
3. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
(a) When the narrator means it.
(b) When they live toether.
(c) When Louise has left Elgin.
(d) When Jacqueline knows about the relationship.
4. How does the narrator view Jacqueline?
(d) Out of shape.
5. What type of art did Inge object to?
(a) Classic paintings.
(d) Graphic design.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
2. Which of the following causes a rift between Elgin and his parents?
3. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
4. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
5. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)