|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes Jacqueline's allure to the narrator?
2. Where is Louise from?
3. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
(a) The narrator is not reliable, and he or she admits it.
(b) The narrator's judgement is affected by the past.
(c) The narrator is completely unreliable.
(d) The narrator is reliable.
4. What is the narrator afraid of about revealing his or her relationship with Louise?
(a) Getting physically hurt by Jacqueline.
(b) Not having a place to live.
(c) Hurting Jacqueline emotionally.
(d) Getting hurt emotionally by Louise.
5. Who was Jacqueline married to?
(a) A painter.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A writer.
(d) A professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
2. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
3. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
4. What is the relationship between Louise and Elgin?
5. What does Louise refuse to accept from the narrator?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)