|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following causes a rift between Elgin and his parents?
(a) Elgin did not become a doctor.
(b) Elgin married a Jewish woman.
(c) Elgin did not have children with his wife.
(d) Elgin married a woman who is not Jewish.
2. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator loves her.
(b) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
(c) The narrator feels bad for her.
(d) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
3. Where is Louise from?
4. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) They are co-workers.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are friends.
5. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
(a) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
2. What is the narrator afraid of about revealing his or her relationship with Louise?
3. Why does the narrator tell so many women that he or she loves them?
4. What part of art troubled Inge?
5. Which of the following does the narrator most likely feel about infidelity?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)