|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of art troubled Inge?
(a) The portrayal of children.
(b) The portrayal of animals and humans together.
(c) The portrayal of the female figure.
(d) The portrayal of mother nature.
2. Why does the narrator tell so many women that he or she loves them?
(a) The narrator enjoys deceit.
(b) It is easy for the narrator.
(c) The narrator loves all women.
(d) The narrator genuinely loved them.
3. What type of art did Inge object to?
(a) Classic paintings.
(d) Graphic design.
4. When the narrator goes on a first date with Louise, who is he or she supposed to spend the night with?
5. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(b) Finding love with somebody you previously hated.
(c) Sexual frustration.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline stop expanding?
2. What relationship does the reader fear the narrator will have with Louise?
3. What is Louise's last name?
4. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
5. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)