|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of art troubled Inge?
(a) The portrayal of children.
(b) The portrayal of the female figure.
(c) The portrayal of mother nature.
(d) The portrayal of animals and humans together.
2. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
(a) They are co-workers.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are friends.
3. What did Elgin study?
(a) Food preparation.
4. What does the narrator compare his or her affair with Louise to?
(a) Other affairs Louise has had.
(b) A couple in therapy.
(c) Other affairs the narrator has had.
(d) High school relationships.
5. Which of the following best describes the narrator's sexual relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator does not believe in sexual attraction.
(b) The narrator is not sexually attracted to Jacqueline.
(c) The narrator is passionate about Jacqueline.
(d) Jacqueline does not want to have sex with the narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
2. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
3. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
4. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
5. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)