|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following causes a rift between Elgin and his parents?
(a) Elgin married a woman who is not Jewish.
(b) Elgin did not become a doctor.
(c) Elgin married a Jewish woman.
(d) Elgin did not have children with his wife.
2. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
(a) A sexually transmitted disease.
(b) A group of violent men.
(c) Drug culture.
(d) An illegal gambling ring.
3. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
(b) The narrator feels bad for her.
(c) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
(d) The narrator loves her.
4. Which of the following best describes the narrator's sexual relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator is passionate about Jacqueline.
(b) The narrator does not believe in sexual attraction.
(c) The narrator is not sexually attracted to Jacqueline.
(d) Jacqueline does not want to have sex with the narrator.
5. What does the narrator compare his or her affair with Louise to?
(a) A couple in therapy.
(b) Other affairs Louise has had.
(c) High school relationships.
(d) Other affairs the narrator has had.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
2. Which of the following best describes Bruno?
3. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
4. What type of art did Inge object to?
5. Who was Jacqueline married to?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)