|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise refuse to accept from the narrator?
(a) Expressions of affection.
(d) Sexual advances.
2. How does the reader view the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator is using Jacqueline.
(b) The narrator genuinely loves Jacqueline.
(c) Jacqueline is using the narrator.
(d) Jacqueline could not care less about her relationship with the narrator.
3. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A museum.
(c) The movie theather.
(d) The opera.
4. What is the narrator afraid of about revealing his or her relationship with Louise?
(a) Not having a place to live.
(b) Hurting Jacqueline emotionally.
(c) Getting hurt emotionally by Louise.
(d) Getting physically hurt by Jacqueline.
5. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are co-workers.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) They are friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of art did Inge object to?
2. Why does the narrator tell so many women that he or she loves them?
3. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
4. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
5. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)