|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
2. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
(a) The narrator's judgement is affected by the past.
(b) The narrator is not reliable, and he or she admits it.
(c) The narrator is completely unreliable.
(d) The narrator is reliable.
3. Which of the following is most comparable to Jacqueline?
(a) Dangerous mine.
(b) Broken heart.
(c) Safe harbor.
(d) Mentally disturbed woman.
4. Which of the following best describes the narrator's sexual relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) Jacqueline does not want to have sex with the narrator.
(b) The narrator is passionate about Jacqueline.
(c) The narrator is not sexually attracted to Jacqueline.
(d) The narrator does not believe in sexual attraction.
5. What part of art troubled Inge?
(a) The portrayal of mother nature.
(b) The portrayal of animals and humans together.
(c) The portrayal of the female figure.
(d) The portrayal of children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jacqueline married to?
2. How does the narrator view Jacqueline?
3. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
4. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
5. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)