|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is most comparable to Jacqueline?
(a) Broken heart.
(b) Mentally disturbed woman.
(c) Safe harbor.
(d) Dangerous mine.
2. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
(d) The narrator.
3. What part of art troubled Inge?
(a) The portrayal of animals and humans together.
(b) The portrayal of mother nature.
(c) The portrayal of children.
(d) The portrayal of the female figure.
4. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
(a) Men are not able to please women.
(b) Long-term relationships are no longer possible.
(c) Women are forced into marriage.
(d) Relationships become boring.
5. What is Louise's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
2. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
3. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
4. What is Elgin's religion?
5. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)