|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator view Jacqueline?
(d) Out of shape.
2. Which of the following causes a rift between Elgin and his parents?
(a) Elgin did not have children with his wife.
(b) Elgin married a Jewish woman.
(c) Elgin did not become a doctor.
(d) Elgin married a woman who is not Jewish.
3. How does the reader view the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) Jacqueline is using the narrator.
(b) The narrator is using Jacqueline.
(c) Jacqueline could not care less about her relationship with the narrator.
(d) The narrator genuinely loves Jacqueline.
4. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
(a) When the narrator means it.
(b) When they live toether.
(c) When Louise has left Elgin.
(d) When Jacqueline knows about the relationship.
5. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
(a) A group of violent men.
(b) An illegal gambling ring.
(c) A sexually transmitted disease.
(d) Drug culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is the biggest representation of foreshadowing?
2. Which of the following best describes Inge?
3. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
4. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
5. What is Louise's last name?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)