|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 9-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is most significant about the narrator?
(a) The narrator is unlikeable.
(b) The reader doesn't understand the narrator's motives.
(c) The reader doesn't know the gender or name of the narrator.
(d) The narrator has had many affairs.
2. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
(b) The narrator feels bad for her.
(c) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
(d) The narrator loves her.
3. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
(a) A museum.
(b) The movie theather.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The opera.
4. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
5. What is the narrator afraid of about revealing his or her relationship with Louise?
(a) Hurting Jacqueline emotionally.
(b) Getting hurt emotionally by Louise.
(c) Not having a place to live.
(d) Getting physically hurt by Jacqueline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of art troubled Inge?
2. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
3. Who did the narrator date immediately after Bathsheba?
4. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
5. What does the narrator compare his or her affair with Louise to?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)