|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of woman is the narrator known to seek out?
(a) Angry women.
(b) Educated women.
(c) Married women.
(d) Shy women.
2. Why does Louise finally decide to leave Elgin?
(a) He mentally beats her down.
(b) He physically abuses her.
(c) She can't stand to be with him one more night.
(d) She thinks it's the best decision for everybody.
3. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
(b) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
(c) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
(d) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
4. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
(a) A group of violent men.
(b) An illegal gambling ring.
(c) A sexually transmitted disease.
(d) Drug culture.
5. What explains Louise's easy affection for the narrator?
(a) Her relationship with her father.
(b) Her relationship with Jacqueline.
(c) Her relationship with herself.
(d) Her relationship with Elgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator scared will happen if he or she reveals his or her true feelings to Louise?
2. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
3. Before learning the truth, what did Jacqueline think her relationship with the narrator was?
4. At whose house do the narrator and Louise carry on an affair?
5. When the narrator returns to the country, how does he or she get from the train station to the cottage?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)