|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following causes a rift between Elgin and his parents?
(a) Elgin married a woman who is not Jewish.
(b) Elgin did not become a doctor.
(c) Elgin married a Jewish woman.
(d) Elgin did not have children with his wife.
2. Where does the narrator get thrown out of?
(c) Office building.
3. Which of the following describes Jacqueline's allure to the narrator?
4. What did Elgin study when he finished going to school?
(b) Doctor-patient interaction.
(c) Veterinary science.
(d) Cancer research.
5. How does the narrator view Jacqueline?
(c) Out of shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator view Elgin's attempts to get the narrator to move away?
2. Who was Jacqueline married to?
3. What language does the narrator translate for work?
4. Why is it significant that Louise and the narrator go on vacation?
5. What does the narrator's boss urge him or her to do?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)