|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes Elgin and Louise's marriage?
(a) They lack compassion for anybody except themselves.
(b) They lack internal affection.
(c) They lack physical affection.
(d) They don't spend any time together anymore.
2. According to Louise, what is Elgin best suited for?
(b) Treating patients.
(d) Being a parent.
3. What does Louise say about seeking treatment?
(a) She needs it but would rather die.
(b) She needs it but has no money.
(c) It's not necessary.
(d) She has already been in treatment.
4. Who tells Elgin about Louise's affair with the narrator?
(a) The narrator.
(d) Elgin's father.
5. What part of art troubled Inge?
(a) The portrayal of children.
(b) The portrayal of the female figure.
(c) The portrayal of mother nature.
(d) The portrayal of animals and humans together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is foreshadowed to be the "villain"?
2. How does Louise grow throughout the novel?
3. Which of the following best describes the narrator when he or she is in a relationship with Jacqueline?
4. Which of the following best describes Bruno?
5. What type of people was Frank raised by?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)