|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
(a) He loathes the idea.
(b) He is disgusted by Louise.
(c) He understands it.
(d) He is completely comfortable with it.
2. Which of the following describes Elgin and Louise's marriage?
(a) They lack compassion for anybody except themselves.
(b) They lack physical affection.
(c) They lack internal affection.
(d) They don't spend any time together anymore.
3. Why does Louise finally decide to leave Elgin?
(a) She thinks it's the best decision for everybody.
(b) She can't stand to be with him one more night.
(c) He mentally beats her down.
(d) He physically abuses her.
4. How does Louise view Elgin?
(d) Purposely hurtful.
5. How did Elgin's mother die?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Gun injury.
(c) Complications after surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator begin to find comfort in while living in the countryside?
2. What does Elgin ask Louise after he learns the truth?
3. How does the narrator get back to London from the countryside?
4. What does the reader learn about the narrator over the course of the novel?
5. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)