|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jacqueline destroy in her apartment?
(b) Kitchen appliances.
(c) Ceiling tiles.
(d) Bathroom fixtures.
2. How does Elgin grow throughout the novel?
(a) He does not grow.
(b) He realizes that his own happiness often relies too much on love.
(c) He realizes that love prevails.
(d) He realizes that he needs to let Louise be happy.
3. Who did the narrator date immediately after Bathsheba?
4. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
(b) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
(c) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
(d) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
5. Before learning the truth, what did Jacqueline think her relationship with the narrator was?
(a) A commitment.
(b) A marriage.
(c) A casual encounter.
(d) A one-sided relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
2. Where does the narrator go second in the search for Louise?
3. According to the narrator, what is commitment?
4. Where does the narrator get thrown out of?
5. Where does Elgin want Louise to go for treatment?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)