|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the message of the story, what is love more than?
(b) Pleasing everybody.
(c) Growing as a person.
(d) Societal restrictions.
2. What is the narrator afraid of about revealing his or her relationship with Louise?
(a) Not having a place to live.
(b) Hurting Jacqueline emotionally.
(c) Getting physically hurt by Jacqueline.
(d) Getting hurt emotionally by Louise.
3. What did Bathsheba bring out most in the narrator?
(a) A bad side.
(b) A sexual side.
(c) A shy side.
(d) A philosophical side.
4. Who was Jacqueline married to?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A writer.
(c) A professor.
(d) A painter.
5. Why does Louise finally decide to leave Elgin?
(a) She can't stand to be with him one more night.
(b) He mentally beats her down.
(c) She thinks it's the best decision for everybody.
(d) He physically abuses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Elgin's parents?
2. What does Louise decide to do after the vacation?
3. Which of the following is Louise's goal?
4. What is the narrator scared will happen if he or she reveals his or her true feelings to Louise?
5. What does the narrator hope that Elgin can do when he moves away?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)