|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator try to distance himself/herself from his/her boss?
(a) The narrator has been having an affair with somebody else.
(b) The narrator is scared of having feelings for anybody else.
(c) The narrator is not interested in having an affair with her.
(d) The narrator hates her.
2. How does Louise grow throughout the novel?
(a) She realizes she does need treatment.
(b) She realizes that it's more important to be with somebody who takes care of you than who loves you.
(c) She realizes she loves the narrator.
(d) She realizes she doesn't need anybody else.
3. How does Elgin feel about Louise?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He wants to be with her even if he also has to be with the narrator.
(c) He does not have any feelings for her.
(d) He is ashamed of her.
4. Which of the following describes the narrator's plan to find Louise?
(a) The narrator will visit all the places the two of them went together.
(b) The narrator will wait at the hospital for her to come in.
(c) The narrator will stalk Louise's mother.
(d) The narrator will hide out in their shared apartment.
5. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator loves her.
(b) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
(c) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
(d) The narrator feels bad for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elgin study when he finished going to school?
2. Which character is foreshadowed to be the "villain"?
3. Which of the following becomes most important to the narrator by the end of the novel?
4. What is the relationship between Louise and Elgin?
5. Where does the narrator work?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)