|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the violence in the novel represent?
2. What is the name of the narrator's boss?
3. What is the relationship between Louise and Elgin?
(a) They are dating.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They are married.
(d) They are related.
4. Which pairing of characters has the most sexual tension?
(a) Elgin and the narrator.
(b) The narrator and his or her boss.
(c) Louise and the narrator's boss.
(d) Louise and Jacqueline.
5. How does Elgin feel about Louise?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He is ashamed of her.
(c) He does not have any feelings for her.
(d) He wants to be with her even if he also has to be with the narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator goes on a first date with Louise, who is he or she supposed to spend the night with?
2. How does the narrator feel about one day marrying Louise?
3. Which of the following thoughts soothes the narrator while living in the countryside?
4. What happens to the handcuff key?
5. Who is Elgin arriving home with when the narrator sees him?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)