|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator returns to the country, how does he or she get from the train station to the cottage?
(c) Taxi cab.
2. While living in the countryside, who does the narrator try to contact about Louise's health?
(c) Elgin's father.
3. How did Elgin's mother die?
(a) Complications after surgery.
(b) Car accident.
(d) Gun injury.
4. Why is it significant that Louise and the narrator go on vacation?
(a) They build memories.
(b) They get married.
(c) They learn more about each other.
(d) They learn to truly appreciate each other.
5. According to the message of the story, what is love more than?
(a) Pleasing everybody.
(c) Growing as a person.
(d) Societal restrictions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe having an affair?
2. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
3. What does the narrator hope that Elgin can do when he moves away?
4. What does the narrator hope for Louise when he moves away?
5. What is the relationship between Louise and Elgin?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)