|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes Elgin and Louise's marriage?
(a) They don't spend any time together anymore.
(b) They lack physical affection.
(c) They lack internal affection.
(d) They lack compassion for anybody except themselves.
2. Which character is the symbol of mistrust in the novel?
(d) The narrator.
3. What relationship does the reader fear the narrator will have with Louise?
(a) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Inge.
(b) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Bathsheba.
(c) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline.
(d) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Frank.
4. How does Louise view Elgin?
(a) Purposely hurtful.
5. Which of the following is Louise's goal?
(a) To get away from Elgin.
(b) To pursue a dream career.
(c) To be with the narrator.
(d) To escape her boring and unromantic life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose belongings does Jacqueline destroy?
2. Who promises to keep the narrator informed about Louise's condition?
3. What did Elgin study when he finished going to school?
4. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
5. Which opinion of the narrator's has changed?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)