|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decided they had to be the one to walk away concerning Louise's illness?
(b) The narrator.
2. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
(c) Emotive language.
3. What can the reader tell about the narrator's feelings about Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator did not love Jacqueline.
(b) The narrator despised Jacqueline and most women.
(c) The narrator loved Jacqueline passionately.
(d) The narrator wanted to be with Jacqueline forever.
4. Which of the following describes the time Louise and the narrator lived together?
(b) Intense fury.
5. Which of the following literary devices most accurately describes Jacqueline's anger?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe having an affair?
2. Who ends up being at the cottage when the narrator returns from London?
3. What type of people was Frank raised by?
4. How does the narrator answer Louise's question about the future of their relationship?
5. What condition does Louise have?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)