|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
(b) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
(c) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
(d) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
2. Why did Elgin end up sending the narrator away?
(a) To hurt Louise physically.
(b) To have another chance with Louise.
(c) To get revenge.
(d) To make sure the narrator was being true to Louise.
3. What are the names of Elgin's parents?
(a) Samuel and Jaylyn.
(b) Esau and Sarah.
(c) Carter and Christie.
(d) Elgin and Cassandra.
4. Who does the narrator give the key to the handcuffs?
(a) A customer.
(b) A security guard.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A co-worker.
5. Which character is the biggest representation of foreshadowing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes Elgin and Louise's marriage?
2. What does the narrator begin to find comfort in while living in the countryside?
3. What type of facility does Elgin say can help Louise?
4. What does Elgin get tired of hearing?
5. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)