|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise refuse to accept from the narrator?
(b) Expressions of affection.
(c) Sexual advances.
2. Which of the following thoughts soothes the narrator while living in the countryside?
(a) Louise and Elgin will be together.
(b) Louise is happy.
(c) Louise is still alive.
(d) Louise still loves her.
3. How does the narrator describe having an affair?
(a) Vital to society.
4. Why did Elgin end up sending the narrator away?
(a) To hurt Louise physically.
(b) To have another chance with Louise.
(c) To make sure the narrator was being true to Louise.
(d) To get revenge.
5. What did Jacqueline destroy in her apartment?
(b) Kitchen appliances.
(c) Bathroom fixtures.
(d) Ceiling tiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal does the narrator adopt?
2. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
3. Why is the narrator's boss a significant character?
4. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
5. When the narrator and his or her boss share a bed, why doesn't anything sexual happen between them?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)