|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 141-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator and his or her boss share a bed, why doesn't anything sexual happen between them?
(a) The narrator's boss is drunk.
(b) The narrator is drunk.
(c) The narrator is too emotional.
(d) The narrator's boss is angry.
2. Which of the following types of love is a theme in the novel?
(a) Love without pain.
(b) Love without gender.
(c) Love without commitment.
(d) Love without location.
3. Upon moving, why does the narrator begin studying?
(a) To begin working on translations again.
(b) To tell Louise's story.
(c) To know what Louise is going through.
(d) To reveal Elgin as a fraud.
4. Who does the narrator alert to help him or her out of handcuffs?
(a) Security guard.
5. What bill does the narrator pay for a full year before moving?
(a) Apartment rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elgin's religion?
2. What does the reader learn about the narrator over the course of the novel?
3. What does Louise say about seeking treatment?
4. Which of the following is the narrator afraid of?
5. When back in London, where does the narrator first go?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)