|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
(a) A sexually transmitted disease.
(b) An illegal gambling ring.
(c) Drug culture.
(d) A group of violent men.
2. What type of woman is the narrator known to seek out?
(a) Educated women.
(b) Married women.
(c) Angry women.
(d) Shy women.
3. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
(a) Poor bedside manner.
(b) He is unhygienic.
(c) He lacks knowledge.
(d) He lacks compassion.
4. How does the reader perceive Jacqueline's anger?
(a) It is understated.
(b) It is too intense.
(c) It is overstated.
(d) It is understandable.
5. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
2. Which of the following literary devices most accurately describes Jacqueline's anger?
3. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
4. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
5. Who does the narrator hit?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)