|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jacqueline lock out of her apartment?
(c) The narrator.
2. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(a) Angry ex-lovers.
(b) The past is always hurtful.
(c) Loving somebody you can't have.
(d) Lost relationships.
3. How does Elgin feel about Louise?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He wants to be with her even if he also has to be with the narrator.
(c) He does not have any feelings for her.
(d) He is ashamed of her.
4. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are co-workers.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They are lovers.
5. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
(b) The narrator feels bad for her.
(c) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
(d) The narrator loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
2. What is Elgin's religion?
3. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
4. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
5. Which of the following types of literary devices are present in the novel?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)