|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator consider unsatisfying when done alone?
(a) Eat at a restaurant.
(b) Watch people through windows.
(c) Drink coffee.
(d) Go to the bookstore.
2. Who tells Elgin about Louise's affair with the narrator?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Elgin's father.
3. What can the reader tell about the narrator's feelings about Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator wanted to be with Jacqueline forever.
(b) The narrator despised Jacqueline and most women.
(c) The narrator did not love Jacqueline.
(d) The narrator loved Jacqueline passionately.
4. What is the relationship between Louise and Elgin?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are related.
(c) They are dating.
(d) They are married.
5. What relationship does the reader fear the narrator will have with Louise?
(a) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Bathsheba.
(b) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Frank.
(c) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline.
(d) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Inge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Louise view Elgin?
2. Who does Louise describe as being bad with people?
3. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
4. What is the narrator afraid of about revealing his or her relationship with Louise?
5. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)