|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 54-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
(b) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
(c) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
(d) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
2. Who does Louise describe as being bad with people?
(c) The narrator.
3. What is Elgin's religion?
(a) He is an atheist.
(b) He is Protestant.
(c) He is Jewish.
(d) He is Catholic.
4. Who does Jacqueline attack?
(b) The narrator.
5. Who was Jacqueline married to?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A writer.
(c) A professor.
(d) A painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jacqueline work?
2. What did Bathsheba bring out most in the narrator?
3. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
4. What does the narrator consider unsatisfying when done alone?
5. According to the narrator, what is the end of passion?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)