|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the narrator becomes so obsessed with Louise?
(a) The narrator forgets to pay rent.
(b) Work becomes impossible for the narrator.
(c) The narrator is arrested.
(d) The narrator begins taking medications
2. Who does Louise describe as being bad with people?
(c) The narrator.
3. Where do Louise and the narrator go together on vacation?
(b) Los Angeles.
4. Why does Louise finally decide to leave Elgin?
(a) She can't stand to be with him one more night.
(b) She thinks it's the best decision for everybody.
(c) He physically abuses her.
(d) He mentally beats her down.
5. Which of the following states does it seem that the narrator likes, becoming apparent after the narrator moves?
(a) Being safe.
(b) Being heartbroken.
(c) Being in love.
(d) Being on the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louise's last name?
2. How does the narrator believe Louise feels about Elgin?
3. According to the narrator, what is commitment?
4. What does Louise decide to do after the vacation?
5. How does Louise react to the narrator's act of violence?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)