|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After fighting with Jacqueline, what does the narrator do?
(a) Visits an old lover.
(b) Calls Elgin on the phone.
(c) Fights with a man outside.
(d) Wanders the streets.
2. What explains Louise's easy affection for the narrator?
(a) Her relationship with her father.
(b) Her relationship with Elgin.
(c) Her relationship with Jacqueline.
(d) Her relationship with herself.
3. What did Elgin study when he finished going to school?
(a) Veterinary science.
(c) Cancer research.
(d) Doctor-patient interaction.
4. Which of the following best describes the narrator's sexual relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator does not believe in sexual attraction.
(b) The narrator is passionate about Jacqueline.
(c) The narrator is not sexually attracted to Jacqueline.
(d) Jacqueline does not want to have sex with the narrator.
5. Which of the following best describes Elgin's parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the end of passion?
2. How did Elgin's mother die?
3. Where is Louise from?
4. Which of the following literary devices most accurately describes Jacqueline's anger?
5. What happens to the handcuff key?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)