|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the narrator afraid of?
(a) Louise treating their relationship like an affair.
(b) Louise fearing a relationship with the narrator.
(c) Jacqueline hurting Louise and Elgin.
(d) Elgin finding out about Louise's affair with the narrator.
2. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
(a) When they live toether.
(b) When the narrator means it.
(c) When Louise has left Elgin.
(d) When Jacqueline knows about the relationship.
3. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
4. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
(b) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
(c) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
(d) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
5. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
(a) An appearance put on for family and friends.
(c) Cleaning and cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Elgin about Louise's affair with the narrator?
2. What did Bathsheba bring out most in the narrator?
3. What did Elgin study?
4. What is the narrator afraid of about revealing his or her relationship with Louise?
5. At whose house do the narrator and Louise carry on an affair?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)