|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator feels bad for her.
(b) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
(c) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
(d) The narrator loves her.
2. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
(a) Less than 10 percent of them.
(b) A quarter of them.
(c) All of them.
(d) Half of them.
3. After the narrator reveals the truth, what is Jacqueline's fate?
(a) She is guaranteed to find love elsewhere.
(b) She is homeless.
(c) She has been saved.
(d) She is now doomed.
4. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
(b) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
(c) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
(d) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
5. According to the narrator, who would never appreciate an affair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
2. What happens to the handcuff key?
3. What type of facility does Elgin say can help Louise?
4. Which of the following best describes the narrator's opinion of Elgin when he moves away?
5. Where does the narrator work?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)