|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
(a) He lacks compassion.
(b) Poor bedside manner.
(c) He lacks knowledge.
(d) He is unhygienic.
2. Who does the narrator give the key to the handcuffs?
(a) A security guard.
(b) A co-worker.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A customer.
3. How does the reader perceive Jacqueline's anger?
(a) It is understated.
(b) It is too intense.
(c) It is overstated.
(d) It is understandable.
4. Which of the following best describes the narrator when he or she is in a relationship with Jacqueline?
5. Which of the following best describes Inge?
(a) A pacificst.
(b) A democrat.
(c) A republican.
(d) A terrorist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elgin want Louise to go for treatment?
2. According to the narrator, what is the end of passion?
3. What is Elgin worried about after he learns the truth?
4. What does Louise say about seeking treatment?
5. Where do Louise and the narrator go together on vacation?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)