|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator tell so many women that he or she loves them?
(a) The narrator genuinely loved them.
(b) The narrator loves all women.
(c) The narrator enjoys deceit.
(d) It is easy for the narrator.
2. Where does the narrator get a job in the country?
3. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
(a) Relationships become boring.
(b) Men are not able to please women.
(c) Women are forced into marriage.
(d) Long-term relationships are no longer possible.
4. What does the narrator consider unsatisfying when done alone?
(a) Eat at a restaurant.
(b) Go to the bookstore.
(c) Watch people through windows.
(d) Drink coffee.
5. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
(a) Half of them.
(b) A quarter of them.
(c) All of them.
(d) Less than 10 percent of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the reader perceive Jacqueline's anger?
2. Which of the following best describes the narrator's sexual relationship with Jacqueline?
3. Which of the following describes Jacqueline's allure to the narrator?
4. Which of the following best describes the narrator's opinion of Elgin when he moves away?
5. How does the reader view the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)