|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following types of literary devices are present in the novel?
(d) Iambic Pentameter.
2. Which of the following is most comparable to Jacqueline?
(a) Safe harbor.
(b) Dangerous mine.
(c) Mentally disturbed woman.
(d) Broken heart.
3. According to the narrator, who would appreciate an affair?
4. What can the reader tell about the narrator's feelings about Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator did not love Jacqueline.
(b) The narrator loved Jacqueline passionately.
(c) The narrator wanted to be with Jacqueline forever.
(d) The narrator despised Jacqueline and most women.
5. What does the narrator handcuff himself/herself to?
(a) A chair.
(b) A desk.
(c) A co-worker.
(d) A bookshelf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of art did Inge object to?
2. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
3. Which of the following best describes the narrator when he or she is in a relationship with Jacqueline?
4. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
5. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)