|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
(b) An appearance put on for family and friends.
(d) Cleaning and cooking.
2. How long do Louise and the narrator live together?
3. What did Elgin study?
(d) Food preparation.
4. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
(a) He is completely comfortable with it.
(b) He understands it.
(c) He is disgusted by Louise.
(d) He loathes the idea.
5. How does the reader perceive Jacqueline's anger?
(a) It is understandable.
(b) It is understated.
(c) It is too intense.
(d) It is overstated.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose house do the narrator and Louise carry on an affair?
2. Upon moving, why does the narrator begin studying?
3. Why does the narrator tell so many women that he or she loves them?
4. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
5. Which of the following best describes Elgin's parents?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)