|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is foreshadowed to be the "villain"?
(c) The narrator.
2. What does Elgin ask Louise after he learns the truth?
(a) If she will move away with him.
(b) If she will divorce him.
(c) If she will move out of the house.
(d) If she will have a child with him.
3. What bill does the narrator pay for a full year before moving?
(d) Apartment rent.
4. What did Bathsheba bring out most in the narrator?
(a) A philosophical side.
(b) A shy side.
(c) A sexual side.
(d) A bad side.
5. Why is the narrator dating Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator feels bad for her.
(b) The narrator wants to get revenge on Jacqueline.
(c) The narrator loves her.
(d) The narrator wants to avoid getting hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elgin feel about Louise finding sexual fulfillment elsewhere?
2. What does the narrator compare his or her affair with Louise to?
3. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
4. Where does Elgin want Louise to go for treatment?
5. Which of the following best describes Elgin's parents?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)