|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
(b) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
(c) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
(d) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
2. Which character is foreshadowed to be the "villain"?
(b) The narrator.
3. Which of the following best describes the narrator's ultimate goal?
(a) For Louise to pursue her dreams.
(b) To find fulfillment in work.
(c) For Louise to be healthy and safe.
(d) For Elgin to make Louise happy.
4. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
(a) All of them.
(b) Less than 10 percent of them.
(c) Half of them.
(d) A quarter of them.
5. What did Jacqueline destroy in her apartment?
(b) Ceiling tiles.
(c) Bathroom fixtures.
(d) Kitchen appliances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator hit?
2. Before learning the truth, what did Jacqueline think her relationship with the narrator was?
3. How does Elgin feel about Louise?
4. Which of the following literary devices most accurately describes Jacqueline's anger?
5. What must be damaged to free the narrator from handcuffs?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)