|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
(d) Emotive language.
2. What suggests that the narrator's relationship with Louise will be different from previous relationships?
(a) Louise will not have a sexual relationship with the narrator.
(b) Louise and the narrator do not live together.
(c) Louise won't let the narrator express love for her.
(d) Louise and the narrator do not actually care for each other.
3. Which best describes the narrator's reliability?
(a) The narrator's judgement is affected by the past.
(b) The narrator is reliable.
(c) The narrator is not reliable, and he or she admits it.
(d) The narrator is completely unreliable.
4. Where does the narrator get a job in the country?
5. What type of woman is the narrator known to seek out?
(a) Educated women.
(b) Angry women.
(c) Married women.
(d) Shy women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the reader infer about Elgin before the narrator moves?
2. How long do Louise and the narrator live together?
3. Which of the following best describes the narrator when he or she is in a relationship with Jacqueline?
4. Which of the following describes Elgin and Louise's marriage?
5. Who does the narrator hit?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)