|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
(a) Relationships become boring.
(b) Long-term relationships are no longer possible.
(c) Women are forced into marriage.
(d) Men are not able to please women.
2. Where does the narrator work?
3. What does the narrator compare his or her affair with Louise to?
(a) Other affairs the narrator has had.
(b) Other affairs Louise has had.
(c) A couple in therapy.
(d) High school relationships.
4. What does Louise ask the narrator when telling him or her about Elgin?
(a) If their relationship will include children.
(b) If their relationship will include living together.
(c) If they have a chance of lasting.
(d) If their relationship will include marriage.
5. Which of the following types of literary devices are present in the novel?
(b) Iambic Pentameter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following states does it seem that the narrator likes, becoming apparent after the narrator moves?
2. Who was Jacqueline married to?
3. Who does the narrator hit?
4. Which of the following does the narrator most likely feel about infidelity?
5. Which of the following describes Elgin and Louise's marriage?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)