|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Jacqueline that prompts a problem?
(a) That the narrator is having an affair with Elgin.
(b) That the narrator is going back to Bathsheba.
(c) That the narrator simply doesn't love Jacqueline anymore.
(d) The truth about the narrator's relationship with Louise.
2. Which character is foreshadowed to be the "villain"?
(c) The narrator.
3. How did Elgin's mother die?
(a) Complications after surgery.
(b) Gun injury.
(c) Car accident.
4. Why can't Elgin practice traditional medicine?
(a) He lacks compassion.
(b) He lacks knowledge.
(c) He is unhygienic.
(d) Poor bedside manner.
5. According to the narrator, who would never appreciate an affair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon moving to the country, what does the narrator begin to study?
2. What type of facility does Elgin say can help Louise?
3. Which lover brought out the best in the narrator?
4. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
5. What did Elgin study when he finished going to school?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)