|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is most significant about the narrator?
(a) The reader doesn't know the gender or name of the narrator.
(b) The narrator has had many affairs.
(c) The reader doesn't understand the narrator's motives.
(d) The narrator is unlikeable.
2. After fighting with Jacqueline, who does the narrator go to?
3. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The opera.
(c) A museum.
(d) The movie theather.
4. When did the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline stop expanding?
(a) When they got married.
(b) When they had a child.
(c) When they moved in together.
(d) When they met each other's parents.
5. What does the narrator compare his or her affair with Louise to?
(a) High school relationships.
(b) Other affairs the narrator has had.
(c) A couple in therapy.
(d) Other affairs Louise has had.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, who would never appreciate an affair?
2. Which lover told the narrator that the past no longer existed in their love?
3. Which of the following best describes Elgin's parents?
4. What does Elgin get tired of hearing?
5. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)