|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is commitment?
(a) The here and now of a relationship.
(b) A lack of effort.
(c) A pact to remain with somebody forever.
(d) A conscious choice.
2. What is most significant about the narrator?
(a) The reader doesn't know the gender or name of the narrator.
(b) The narrator is unlikeable.
(c) The narrator has had many affairs.
(d) The reader doesn't understand the narrator's motives.
3. Who did the narrator date immediately after Bathsheba?
4. What does Louise refuse to accept from the narrator?
(b) Expressions of affection.
(d) Sexual advances.
5. What does the narrator handcuff himself/herself to?
(a) A co-worker.
(b) A desk.
(c) A chair.
(d) A bookshelf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elgin get tired of hearing?
2. What does the narrator consider unsatisfying when done alone?
3. Where did the narrator find the animal he or she adopts?
4. Which of the following does the narrator most likely feel about infidelity?
5. What actually causes Elgin to show emotion?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)