|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is most comparable to Jacqueline?
(a) Mentally disturbed woman.
(b) Safe harbor.
(c) Broken heart.
(d) Dangerous mine.
2. After fighting with Jacqueline, who does the narrator go to?
3. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
(a) Less than 10 percent of them.
(b) All of them.
(c) A quarter of them.
(d) Half of them.
4. After fighting with Jacqueline, what does the narrator do?
(a) Fights with a man outside.
(b) Visits an old lover.
(c) Wanders the streets.
(d) Calls Elgin on the phone.
5. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
(a) A group of violent men.
(b) A sexually transmitted disease.
(c) Drug culture.
(d) An illegal gambling ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louise's last name?
2. Where did the narrator find the animal he or she adopts?
3. Upon moving to the country, what does the narrator begin to study?
4. What did Elgin study when he finished going to school?
5. Who tells Elgin about Louise's affair with the narrator?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)