|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator get thrown out of?
(b) Office building.
2. What does the narrator compare his or her affair with Louise to?
(a) A couple in therapy.
(b) Other affairs the narrator has had.
(c) High school relationships.
(d) Other affairs Louise has had.
3. What can the reader tell about the narrator's feelings about Jacqueline?
(a) The narrator despised Jacqueline and most women.
(b) The narrator did not love Jacqueline.
(c) The narrator wanted to be with Jacqueline forever.
(d) The narrator loved Jacqueline passionately.
4. Which of the following does the narrator most likely feel about infidelity?
(a) Infidelity is only okay for the narrator and his or her lovers.
(b) Infidelity is acceptable.
(c) Infidelity is immoral.
(d) Infidelity makes the narrator angry but the narrator enjoys being devious.
5. What type of home does the narrator rent in the country?
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose house do the narrator and Louise carry on an affair?
2. How does the narrator believe Louise feels about Elgin?
3. According to the narrator, how many married women have affairs?
4. What does the violence in the novel represent?
5. What actually causes Elgin to show emotion?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)