|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does the narrator translate for work?
2. Where does Elgin want Louise to go for treatment?
(a) United States.
3. Why is it significant that Louise and the narrator go on vacation?
(a) They get married.
(b) They build memories.
(c) They learn to truly appreciate each other.
(d) They learn more about each other.
4. Which of the following states does it seem that the narrator likes, becoming apparent after the narrator moves?
(a) Being heartbroken.
(b) Being safe.
(c) Being on the road.
(d) Being in love.
5. Where does Louise invite the narrator to go together alone?
(a) A museum.
(b) The opera.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The movie theather.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
2. At whose house do the narrator and Louise carry on an affair?
3. Which of the following types of literary devices are present in the novel?
4. Upon moving to the country, what does the narrator begin to study?
5. How does the narrator view Elgin's attempts to get the narrator to move away?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)