|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elgin want Louise to go for treatment?
(b) United States.
2. What does the narrator hope that Elgin can do when he moves away?
(a) Cure Louise's cancer.
(b) Take Louise somewhere she can be happy.
(c) Learn to show emotion for Louise.
(d) Get Louise psychiatric help.
3. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(b) Sexual frustration.
(d) Finding love with somebody you previously hated.
4. How does Elgin feel about Louise?
(a) He does not have any feelings for her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He wants to be with her even if he also has to be with the narrator.
(d) He is ashamed of her.
5. Who did the narrator date immediately after Bathsheba?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of home does the narrator rent in the country?
2. What are the names of Elgin's parents?
3. Where is Louise from?
4. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
5. Which of the following best describes the narrator's opinion of Elgin when he moves away?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)