|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose belongings does Jacqueline destroy?
(b) The narrator's.
(c) Her own.
2. According to the narrator, what is commitment?
(a) A pact to remain with somebody forever.
(b) A conscious choice.
(c) A lack of effort.
(d) The here and now of a relationship.
3. What does Jacqueline provide most for the narrator?
(a) Cleaning and cooking.
(b) An appearance put on for family and friends.
4. Why does Louise finally decide to leave Elgin?
(a) She thinks it's the best decision for everybody.
(b) He mentally beats her down.
(c) She can't stand to be with him one more night.
(d) He physically abuses her.
5. According to the narrator, why do married women have affairs?
(a) Long-term relationships are no longer possible.
(b) Women are forced into marriage.
(c) Relationships become boring.
(d) Men are not able to please women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator scared will happen if he or she reveals his or her true feelings to Louise?
2. Who does the narrator hit?
3. What is Jacqueline's relationship with Louise?
4. Who does Louise describe as being bad with people?
5. What happens when the narrator becomes so obsessed with Louise?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)