|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Louise ready to hear that the narrator loves her?
(a) When they live toether.
(b) When Jacqueline knows about the relationship.
(c) When the narrator means it.
(d) When Louise has left Elgin.
2. What do vague elements in the story allow the reader to focus on?
(d) Emotive language.
3. What does Louise say about seeking treatment?
(a) She needs it but would rather die.
(b) It's not necessary.
(c) She needs it but has no money.
(d) She has already been in treatment.
4. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(a) Sexual frustration.
(b) Finding love with somebody you previously hated.
5. How does the reader perceive Jacqueline's anger?
(a) It is understated.
(b) It is overstated.
(c) It is understandable.
(d) It is too intense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elgin study when he finished going to school?
2. How does the narrator describe having an affair?
3. According to the narrator, what is the end of passion?
4. How does Louise view Elgin?
5. What does Louise ask the narrator when telling him or her about Elgin?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)