|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator consider unsatisfying when done alone?
(a) Watch people through windows.
(b) Go to the bookstore.
(c) Drink coffee.
(d) Eat at a restaurant.
2. According to Louise, who has said "I love you" to many people?
(a) The narrator.
3. Which of the following is a theme in the novel?
(c) Finding love with somebody you previously hated.
(d) Sexual frustration.
4. What condition does Louise have?
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Brain tumor.
5. How does the reader view the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline?
(a) Jacqueline could not care less about her relationship with the narrator.
(b) The narrator genuinely loves Jacqueline.
(c) Jacqueline is using the narrator.
(d) The narrator is using Jacqueline.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator reflects back on early days of his or her affair with Louise, what types of memories are they?
2. What does Louise refuse to accept from the narrator?
3. What does the narrator hope that Elgin can do when he moves away?
4. When the narrator goes on a first date with Louise, who is he or she supposed to spend the night with?
5. What does Louise say about seeking treatment?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)