|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87-139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bathsheba once expose the narrator to?
(a) A group of violent men.
(b) Drug culture.
(c) A sexually transmitted disease.
(d) An illegal gambling ring.
2. At whose house do the narrator and Louise carry on an affair?
(b) The narrator's ex-lover's.
(d) Elgin's parent's.
3. What relationship does the reader fear the narrator will have with Louise?
(a) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Frank.
(b) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Inge.
(c) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Jacqueline.
(d) Similar to the narrator's relationship with Bathsheba.
4. According to the narrator, what is commitment?
(a) A lack of effort.
(b) A conscious choice.
(c) A pact to remain with somebody forever.
(d) The here and now of a relationship.
5. What does the narrator hope that Elgin can do when he moves away?
(a) Take Louise somewhere she can be happy.
(b) Learn to show emotion for Louise.
(c) Get Louise psychiatric help.
(d) Cure Louise's cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Louise and the narrator live together?
2. What did Elgin study?
3. How does Louise react to the narrator's act of violence?
4. Who convinces the narrator to leave Louise?
5. How does Elgin feel about Louise?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)