|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Some Problems of Philosophy Section I (Chapters I-VII).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does James use to describe concepts?
2. What type of unity does James describe as a preceding event causing a following event?
3. According to James, what is within the realm of sensory experience prior to cognition?
4. What topic, in addition to monism, does James discuss in Chapter VII?
5. What type of unity does James define as being the relationship of things that seem to tell a story together?
Short Answer Questions
1. James states that which viewpoint is the process for determining truth?
2. What adjective does James use to address precepts?
3. The challenges of what kind of problems does James present in Chapter II?
4. What position is described as holding that even in vast fields of sameness, there is still difference?
5. James holds that activity is evidenced by which of the following?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)