The Varieties of Religious Experience Section 1 (Lectures I-X)
1. James asserts that inquiry is first designed to evaluate which of the following?
(a) The absence of something.
(b) The essential nature of a thing.
(c) The lack of happiness in a person.
(d) The darkness of deep depression.
2. James asserts that inquiry is secondly designed to evaluate which of the following?
(a) The decision one makes to become happy.
(b) The motivation one person has to change.
(c) The significance of a person.
(d) The meaning or importance of a thing.
3. James says that mystical experience carries a sense of which of the following?
4. In Lecture II, James outlines the meaning of ______________.
5. James says that for a man to experience the divine, what must he let go?
6. According to James, the absence of something can lead to a sense of which of the following?
This section contains 3,250 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)