Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palmer begin to smell on his father when he sits in his dad's lap after the pigeon shoot?
(a) The smell of cigarette smoke.
(b) The smell of gunsmoke.
(c) The smell of cigar smoke.
(d) The smell of campfire smoke.
2. Who does Palmer find in his bedroom in the middle of the night?
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother and father.
(d) Beans, Mutto and Henry.
3. Who is the one person who does not care about Palmer's bruised arm?
(c) Palmer's mother.
4. Why does Palmer run home and leave the boys behind in Chapter 12?
(a) He is afraid of the dark.
(b) The gang begins to break open a crate of pigeons to harm them.
(c) The gang teases him about not wringing a pigeon's neck.
(d) The gang begins to steal food from the closed concession stand.
5. How does Palmer's dad respond when Palmer asks him if he was a wringer?
(a) He tells Palmer yes, and explains how much he liked it.
(b) He tells Palmer no, and Palmer does not have to be a wringer, either.
(c) He tells Palmer yes, and assures him he will be one, too.
(d) He tells Palmer no, he does not believe in wringing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys begin yelling at the park when they are playing their game?
2. Why does the town sponsor a pigeon shoot?
3. What hovers before Palmer's eyes before he runs after his friends to the playground?
4. What is the nickname the boys give Palmer at his party?
5. In Palmer's dream, what does a pigeon's eye look like?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)