|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When no one purchases any plantains from Josephine and her friends, what do they begin to suspect?
2. Why does Okei order Nduka to tell all the boys to begin their preparation?
3. At the same time Uche discusses Kwutelu's predicament with Okei at the stream, which elder visits Obi Agiliga to learn if Okei maimed Kwutelu?
4. What does Josephine plan to make from the fabric she hopes to purchase with some of her plantain profits?
5. When the elders of the village hear the girls' story of being unsuccessful at the market, what is their reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What event initially takes place in Chapter 3 that brings Obi Agiliga and Obi Uwechue to smile at each other? What are the different incidents that occur throughout the book which bring the elders to chuckle to themselves, laugh, wink, or smile at each other?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of elders being wise and demonstrating their knowledge and good judgment is advanced in what manner? How does this contrast with elders being human and making mistakes?
Essay Topic 3
What measures do Nnu Ojo and Obi Agiliga take on Okei's behalf to protect him and that result in his exoneration of accusations that he maimed Kwutelu?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)