|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kwutelu is engaged to an individual who works for the government in what location?
2. What is Okei's reaction to the singing of his praises?
3. Who feels that the elders of the village have initiated a plan to make the boys mad and goad them?
4. Okei can see that Kwutelu is among them, a person he finds to be what?
5. The contest coincides with what farm celebration?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use rhythm and repetition in relating this tale? How does she include these in conjunction with her storytelling style?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Emecheta reflects her experience growing up in Nigeria in what ways?
Essay Topic 3
How is the author able to portray Obi Agiliga as an understanding and caring guardian of a troubled nephew whom he views as a shirker of work, while in the same chapter Okei's adoptive uncle schemes in an attempt to teach him and other teenagers an embarrassing lesson in maturation? Is this not a contradiction in Chapter 3?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)