|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Kwutelu and her guests discuss the dismal situation with some of the boys in the village lately?
2. Uche finds it amusing that at last Kwutelu is speechless, even though it is not what that is injured?
3. Why would Kwutelu like to see Okei and his friends defeated in a match?
4. What is it Okei seeks for the village in this contest?
5. Both Obi Agiliga and another elder agree that the situation could be worse if Kwutelu were what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of elders being wise and demonstrating their knowledge and good judgment is advanced in what manner? How does this contrast with elders being human and making mistakes?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use rhythm and repetition in relating this tale? How does she include these in conjunction with her storytelling style?
Essay Topic 3
Does the author convey a belief in elitism of the schooled youths who find themselves above laboring on the farms, or are these youths wise because they recognize that current farming practices are less productive and methods need to be modernized?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)