|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nduka and Okei prepare at this early hour to prevent what?
2. Why does Obi Agiliga order Nne Ojo to hide Okei where he does from those who will search for him?
3. As Chapter 7 opens, when does Nne Ojo hear Obi Uju's cries?
4. Okei feels the person who is going to marry Kwutelu will need what?
5. In Chapter 9, Josephine and her friends are anxious to get to which market?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What event initially takes place in Chapter 3 that brings Obi Agiliga and Obi Uwechue to smile at each other? What are the different incidents that occur throughout the book which bring the elders to chuckle to themselves, laugh, wink, or smile at each other?
Essay Topic 2
What measures do Nnu Ojo and Obi Agiliga take on Okei's behalf to protect him and that result in his exoneration of accusations that he maimed Kwutelu?
Essay Topic 3
What insight does Okei's role as leader of the village youths provide him? What lessons does he learn about wisdom and knowledge? What understanding does he gain about displaying respect? What does he learn about humility?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)