|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Okei reaches the age of young adulthood, his anger emerges in altercations with whom?
2. One of Obi Agilaga's wives urges him to do what as the boys begin to disperse?
3. Nduka and Uche discuss what when they meet?
4. Why does Okei drift through life?
5. As the boys reach the next village en route to meet some girls, they can hear them doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Obi Agiliga and Obi Uwechue consider Kwutelu's injury?
2. What prompts the elders to enter into the brawl?
3. What does Kwutelu say when the girls arrive at the stream and find Nduka and Okei conditioning?
4. What do Okei, Uche, and Nduka commiserate upon while en route to meet Josephine and her girlfriends?
5. What procedure do the youths follow to stop the insults?
6. What does Obi Uwechue believe is the cause of the youths' troubles and what does he believe would resolve it?
7. What does Uche relate to Okei the morning following Kwutelu's ear being severed?
8. How has Okei come to live with Obi Agiliga and Nne Ojo?
9. What do Obi Uwechue and Obi Agiliga believe the solution to the youths' problem is?
10. Why do the girls become suspicious and finally learn that those at the marketplace are purposely ignoring them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the circumstances whereby Obi Uju, mistakenly believing Okei is breaking into his hut, tragically cuts Kwutelu's ear off in error?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Emecheta reflects her experience growing up in Nigeria in what ways?
Essay Topic 3
When Kwutelu visits in Chapter 6, why does Josephine mention her belief that the elders are intentionally goading the teenage youths into a wrestling match? What are Kwutelu's views regarding Josephine's theory?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)