|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The girls Okei and his friends hope to meet have returned early from their day of selling what?
2. The boys' discussion at the evening meeting turns to what topic?
(a) Rumors about Okei and his friends.
(b) Girls attending schools.
(c) Girls bathing outdoors.
(d) Lessons learned at school.
3. The topic of boys leads the girls to mention the difference between what?
(a) Farm boys and city youths.
(b) Farm boys and those receiving schooling.
(c) Farm boys and those who work in the markets.
(d) Rural and urban youths.
4. Okei is instantly angry because which girl says that he is arrogant and capable of leading a group of boys to steal?
5. Nduka and Uche discuss what when they meet?
(a) What they have learned recently in school.
(b) Okei's order to inform all boys about his meeting.
(c) Which girls they would like to meet tonight.
(d) Where they will go after Okei's meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is disciplining Okei?
2. In Obi Uwechue's village, the young men have started to do what?
3. Obi Agilaga encourages Obi Uwechue to direct the girls of his village to do what?
4. What was the cause of death of Okei's parents?
5. How is Okei disciplined early in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Kwutelu tells Obi Uju about her argument with Okei, why is she away for several hours when he retires?
2. How do Obi Agiliga and Uwechue believe the girls can assist in the matter?
3. What procedure do the youths follow to stop the insults?
4. What happens when Okei and his first opponent match up?
5. What does Obi Uwechue believe is the cause of the youths' troubles and what does he believe would resolve it?
6. What does Kwutelu say when the girls arrive at the stream and find Nduka and Okei conditioning?
7. How do Obi Agiliga and Obi Uwechue regard their plan's progress the morning following Kwutelu's injury?
8. How does Obi Uju come to accidentally cut Kwutelu's ear off?
9. What measures does Nne Ojo take when she hears Obi Uju's cries?
10. What is it Obi Agiliga ponders when his youngest son, Onuoha. asks why Okei will not join them at work on the farm?
This section contains 1,259 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)