|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years old is Okei in the first chapter?
2. In what setting does the tale begin?
(a) A village.
(b) A camp.
(c) A town.
(d) A city.
3. Nduka and Uche recognize that the farm boys will not be able to read any announcements, especially those made in what language?
4. What relationship is Okei to Obi Agiliga?
5. What does Obi Agilaga feel would ease problems on his farm?
(b) Modern equipment.
(c) More farmhands.
(d) A newer tractor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Obi Agilaga knows that Obi Uwechue's visit must be regarding what?
2. What time is it when the story begins?
3. Nduka and Uche are friendly with the girls in the opening chapters, but Okei keeps his distance because of what?
4. A girl Uche and Nduka wish to take Okei to meet in the first two chapters goes by what name?
5. What does Obi Uwechue tell Obi Agilaga about Okei and his friends doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Obi Agiliga ask Okei before the competition begins?
2. What is Okei surprised by when consulting with Obi Agiliga about wrestling?
3. What are the girls' and Josephine's plans while en route to the marketplace with the match upcoming?
4. After Kwutelu tells Obi Uju about her argument with Okei, why is she away for several hours when he retires?
5. The author captures the tone and mood of the girls' provoking encounter with Okei at the stream in what manner?
6. What does Obi Agiliga do after supper on the evening he finds youths meeting at his compound?
7. What procedure do the youths follow to stop the insults?
8. What do Okei, Uche, and Nduka commiserate upon while en route to meet Josephine and her girlfriends?
9. How does Obi Uju come to accidentally cut Kwutelu's ear off?
10. Why does Obi Agiliga instruct his workers to rest in the middle of the day in Chapter 3?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)