|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Okei leads a discussion about the need to do what?
(a) Irrigate farms.
(b) Use chemicals and pesticides.
(c) Use better equipment.
(d) Modernize the farming methods.
2. What nearly caused the destruction of Okei's nation during his youth?
(d) Sickle Cell.
3. Where does Uche meet Nduka?
(a) The school.
(b) The stream.
(c) The lake.
(d) The market.
4. Okei is instantly angry because which girl says that he is arrogant and capable of leading a group of boys to steal?
5. Where does Obi Uwechue hail from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the vendors in the initial scene?
2. One of Obi Agilaga's wives urges him to do what as the boys begin to disperse?
3. The droughts bring what?
4. The boys' discussion at the evening meeting turns to what topic?
5. As Nduka and Uche take Okei to meet the girls nearby, they commiserate that their parents all give them the same speech about being useless because of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way are elders convinced their plan is succeeding when the girls come home from the marketplace with no sales?
2. In the opening of Chapter 4, what does Uche's family believe will happen when he gets up very early?
3. What is it Obi Agiliga ponders when his youngest son, Onuoha. asks why Okei will not join them at work on the farm?
4. How do Obi Agiliga and Uwechue believe the girls can assist in the matter?
5. After Okei downs his opponent and the match appears to be over, what takes place next?
6. How does the discussion concerning farming go at Okei's meeting?
7. What transpires when Obi Agiliga comes home and finds the youths meeting as Okei has called?
8. Why is Obi Agiliga pleased when Okei asks for his wrestling assistance?
9. How has Okei come to live with Obi Agiliga and Nne Ojo?
10. What procedure do the youths follow to stop the insults?
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)