|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Okei finally agree to ask for Obi Agiliga's assistance?
(a) It is most important to win.
(b) To placate the suggesting boy.
(c) To avoid causing dissent amongst the boys.
(d) To appease the other boys of his village.
2. Okei wakes earlier than the others in the compound following Kwutelu's injury, and he does what?
(a) Goes to the stream for his morning conditioning.
(b) Searches for Obi Agiliga to talk with him.
(c) Begins the day with his morning studies.
(d) Searches for Nkuka to work out with, but does not find him.
3. Obi Uwechue and Obi Agiliga agree that the boys of the villages do not have time to molest girls near the stream or steal from the old people due to what?
(a) The upcoming contest, distraction of rumors.
(b) They are working the fields, learning trades.
(c) They are preparing for examinations, doing chores.
(d) They are attending school, doing chores.
4. What does the group that is approaching Okei and Nduka at the stream begin to do?
5. Which individual approaches the girls and tells them that they should give their plantains to poor people?
(a) An elderly woman.
(b) A crippled man.
(c) An elderly man.
(d) A crippled woman.
6. The action taken by Kwutelu in approaching Okei and Nduka is for competing against the boys from which location?
7. Which individuals soon arrive on their way to the stream where Okei and Nduka are?
(a) Elders and some girls.
(b) Uche, Nne Ojo and some girls.
(c) A group of girls.
(d) A group of farm youths and girls.
8. At the same time Uche discusses Kwutelu's predicament with Okei at the stream, which elder visits Obi Agiliga to learn if Okei maimed Kwutelu?
(a) Obi Ojo.
(b) Obi Ubora.
(c) Obi Onuoha.
(d) Obi Uwechue.
9. When Obi Agiliga returns to the compound later that night following Kwutelu's injury, he and Nne Ojo discuss Okei's trust in them which they find to be what?
10. When Obi Agiliga talks with Okei he shares that he knows what?
(a) He believes Okei and his friends maimed someone.
(b) He believes Okei and his friends killed someone.
(c) Okei has been named a leader.
(d) Okei has been training.
11. Uche finds it amusing that at last Kwutelu is speechless, even though it is not what that is injured?
(a) Her lips.
(b) Her mouth.
(c) Her tongue.
(d) Her throat.
12. In Chapter 9, Josephine and her friends are anxious to get to which market?
13. In the dark, Obi Uju does not recognize the figure entering the door as his daughter and maims her how?
(a) Cuts her eye.
(b) Severs her ear.
(c) Severs her arm.
(d) Severs her nose.
14. As Chapter 7 opens, when does Nne Ojo hear Obi Uju's cries?
(a) She is the very last.
(b) She is among the last.
(c) She is among the first.
(d) She is the very first.
15. In this encounter at the stream, Kwutelu also accuses Okei and Nduka of doing what?
(a) Stealing from elders.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Telling lies.
(d) Attacking women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Okei leaves upon the arrival of the group at the stream, and he departs without what?
2. Obi Uju becomes angry when he is told about Kwutelu's confrontation with Okei earlier at the stream, and vows to do what?
3. Who does Kwutelu maintain always wins a match according to custom?
4. Where does Obi Agiliga order Nne Ojo to hide Okei?
5. At the start of Chapter 5, Okei rises early and goes to the stream so that he may do what?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)