|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Okei order Nduka to tell all the boys to begin their preparation?
(a) In case another boy proves a better contestant.
(b) So they may trade techniques and skills.
(c) To promote a team spirit among the boys.
(d) In the event Okei is beaten or cannot compete.
2. What does Nne Ojo assure the young men searching for Okei?
(a) Okei and his cousin are looking for the criminal.
(b) Okei and his friends are looking for the criminal.
(c) Okei and his uncle are on a hunting expedition.
(d) Okei and his uncle are looking for the criminal.
3. At the start of Chapter 5, Okei rises early and goes to the stream so that he may do what?
(a) Bathe in the water before others from the village arrive.
(b) Complete his prayers in the quiet the water's edge offers.
(c) Toughen up his feet on the incline at the water's edge.
(d) Finish his school reading in the calm at the water's edge.
4. Nne Ojo is concerned when she sees that Obi Agiliga straps on his what?
(b) Big knives.
5. Nne Ojo can soon make out that Okei and his friends are accused of what?
(a) Killing someone.
(b) Kidnapping someone.
(c) Stealing from the elderly.
(d) Maiming someone.
6. Uche believes that who is on the side of Okei and his friends?
(a) Good luck.
(b) Obi Agiliga.
7. Uche finds it amusing that at last Kwutelu is speechless, even though it is not what that is injured?
(a) Her mouth.
(b) Her tongue.
(c) Her throat.
(d) Her lips.
8. Why does Nduka congratulate Okei when he receives the order to instruct the boys to begin conditioning?
(a) Nduka believes Okei will select him to replace him.
(b) It seems like a good idea for camaraderie.
(c) Okei is thinking like a true leader.
(d) Okei is conducting himself like an elder.
9. Who does Kwutelu maintain always wins a match according to custom?
(a) A repentant man.
(b) An innocent man.
(c) The strongest man.
(d) An honest man.
10. Okei wakes earlier than the others in the compound following Kwutelu's injury, and he does what?
(a) Goes to the stream for his morning conditioning.
(b) Begins the day with his morning studies.
(c) Searches for Obi Agiliga to talk with him.
(d) Searches for Nkuka to work out with, but does not find him.
11. How does Okei regard Obi Agiliga's guidance?
12. What does Josephine plan to make from the fabric she hopes to purchase with some of her plantain profits?
(a) A large banner.
(b) Cerimonial cloths.
(c) Small flags.
(d) A new dress.
13. What do Okei and Nduka begin to do in order to build up their strength?
(a) Lift rocks.
14. Nduka and Okei prepare at this early hour to prevent what?
(a) Suspicions of anyone that might see them.
(b) Boys from competing villages from seeing them.
(c) Heat exhaustion later in the day.
(d) Disruption of their school classes.
15. Nne Ojo does not want to wake Obi Agiliga until when?
(a) She can accept the situation.
(c) She has made his morning meal.
(d) She understands the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Josephine and her friends are anxious to get to which market?
2. Which individual does the group of singers and dancers praising Okei include?
3. What does the group that is approaching Okei and Nduka at the stream begin to do?
4. When is it Josephine and her friends return to their village with their plantains following their unsuccessful day at the market?
5. Obi Uwechue and Obi Agiliga agree that the boys of the villages do not have time to molest girls near the stream or steal from the old people due to what?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)