|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Okei leaves upon the arrival of the group at the stream, and he departs without what?
(a) Talking more with Nduka.
(d) Drawing water.
2. Nne Ojo can soon make out that Okei and his friends are accused of what?
(a) Killing someone.
(b) Stealing from the elderly.
(c) Maiming someone.
(d) Kidnapping someone.
3. Okei can see that Kwutelu is among them, a person he finds to be what?
4. When the elders of the village hear the girls' story of being unsuccessful at the market, what is their reaction?
(a) They sigh, the girls will need to try marketing at a different village.
(b) They frown, the girls are learning life's difficult lessons.
(c) They smile, their plan for the youths is working.
(d) They smile, the girls are learning lessons they acquired as youths.
5. Who does Kwutelu maintain always wins a match according to custom?
(a) A repentant man.
(b) An honest man.
(c) An innocent man.
(d) The strongest man.
6. What is Okei's reaction to Obi Agiliga's level of ability following the length of time since his youth?
(a) Hope, appreciation.
(b) Skepticism, doubt.
(c) Anticipation, acceptance.
(d) Amazement, pleasure.
7. Nne Ojo does not want to wake Obi Agiliga until when?
(a) She understands the situation.
(b) She has made his morning meal.
(c) She can accept the situation.
8. Why does Okei finally agree to ask for Obi Agiliga's assistance?
(a) It is most important to win.
(b) To placate the suggesting boy.
(c) To appease the other boys of his village.
(d) To avoid causing dissent amongst the boys.
9. Both Obi Agiliga and another elder agree that the situation could be worse if Kwutelu were what?
10. Which individuals soon arrive on their way to the stream where Okei and Nduka are?
(a) A group of girls.
(b) A group of farm youths and girls.
(c) Elders and some girls.
(d) Uche, Nne Ojo and some girls.
11. Why would Kwutelu like to see Okei and his friends defeated in a match?
(a) Their ambition.
(b) Their arrogance.
(c) Their servility.
(d) Their humility.
12. In this encounter at the stream, Kwutelu also accuses Okei and Nduka of doing what?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Attacking women.
(c) Telling lies.
(d) Stealing from elders.
13. Obi Agiliga announces he will go where to determine the situation after he instructs Nne Ojo where to hide Okei?
(a) To Obi Uwechue's compound.
(b) To the village.
(c) To Obi Uju's compound.
(d) To the stream.
14. What is it Okei seeks for the village in this contest?
(a) To muster pride.
(b) To seek recognition.
(c) To save dignity.
(d) To regain dignity.
15. How long do Kwutelu and her guests discuss the dismal situation with some of the boys in the village lately?
(a) All afternoon.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) Several hours.
(d) An hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Okei and Nduka begin to do in order to build up their strength?
2. Which individual does the group of singers and dancers praising Okei include?
3. When Nne Ojo determines what Okei and his friends are accused of, she promptly goes to the hut where the youths sleep and finds what?
4. When does a group of singers and dancers arrive at Obi Agiliga's compound to pay tribute to Okei?
5. Okei feels the person who is going to marry Kwutelu will need what?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)