|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do villagers await the girls' on their way home from the market with unsold plantains?
(a) Concerned, searching for them.
(b) Upset they made no sales.
(c) With torches to light their way.
(d) Relieved to see them arrive safely.
2. What is Okei's initial reaction to the idea that he seek Obi Agiliga's assistance?
(a) Complete refusal.
3. In Chapter 9, Josephine and her friends are anxious to get to which market?
4. When the elders of the village hear the girls' story of being unsuccessful at the market, what is their reaction?
(a) They sigh, the girls will need to try marketing at a different village.
(b) They frown, the girls are learning life's difficult lessons.
(c) They smile, the girls are learning lessons they acquired as youths.
(d) They smile, their plan for the youths is working.
5. Who does Kwutelu maintain always wins a match according to custom?
(a) The strongest man.
(b) An innocent man.
(c) An honest man.
(d) A repentant man.
6. Nne Ojo is concerned when she sees that Obi Agiliga straps on his what?
(b) Big knives.
7. The day following Josephine's unsuccessful market day, Okei and the boys from his village meet when to discuss the upcoming contest and practice their moves?
(a) Late afternoon, when it is not so hot.
(b) Middle of the afternoon, during the break from work.
(c) Early morning, at the stream.
(d) Evening, after work is done.
8. The contest coincides with what farm celebration?
(a) The plum festival.
(b) The yam festival.
(c) The berry festival.
(d) The plantain festival.
9. What is it Obi Agiliga wants to know about an accusation relating to Okei?
(a) If he has ordered a crime committed.
(b) If he knows who committed a crime that night.
(c) If he has himself committed a crime.
(d) If any of his friends have committed a crime.
10. Who feels that the elders of the village have initiated a plan to make the boys mad and goad them?
11. Nne Ojo hides Okei just in time before how many individuals arrive at the compound demanding to see Okei?
12. Uche believes that who is on the side of Okei and his friends?
(b) Good luck.
(c) Obi Agiliga.
13. Why would Kwutelu like to see Okei and his friends defeated in a match?
(a) Their servility.
(b) Their arrogance.
(c) Their ambition.
(d) Their humility.
14. Okei feels the person who is going to marry Kwutelu will need what?
(b) Good luck.
15. How do Obi Uwechue and Obi Agiliga feel now that they view their plan to make men out of the boys is coming to fruition?
Short Answer Questions
1. Okei relays what to his uncle regarding the accusation Obi Agiliga inquires about?
2. Uche informs Okei about Kwutelu's injury and that the the villagers suspected Okei and his friends of committing the crime until when?
3. Why does Nduka congratulate Okei when he receives the order to instruct the boys to begin conditioning?
4. What does the group that is approaching Okei and Nduka at the stream begin to do?
5. Nne Ojo can soon make out that Okei and his friends are accused of what?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)