|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Obi Agilaga and Obi Uwechue sit and discuss young men who refuse to work but find time to do what?
(a) Chase after girls in the villages.
(b) Steal from the elders in the villages.
(c) Sit around doing nothing.
(d) Get intoxicated.
2. Who does Obi Uwechue believe can offer these teens with free time what they require?
(a) Obi Uwechue and Obi Agilaga.
(b) Clergy members.
(c) School teachers.
(d) Skill instructors.
3. How is Okei disciplined early in the story?
(a) He is yelled at.
(b) He must perform additional chores.
(c) He is whipped.
(d) He is sent to bed without his meal.
4. Where do Obi Agilaga and the workers seek refuge when the weather is poorest?
(a) In the trees.
(b) A shed on the property.
(c) In the village.
(d) In Obi Agilaga's home.
5. What is their simultaneous reaction as Obi Agilaga and Obi Uwechue approach the matter concerning Okei?
6. Obi Agilaga is concerned about what crop of his?
(a) Sweet corn.
(b) Sweet tomatoes.
(c) Sweet potatoes.
(d) Sweet berries.
7. What was the cause of death of Okei's parents?
(a) Accidental drowning.
(d) Vehicle accident.
8. What do Obi Agilaga and Obi Uwechue do together for a while?
(a) Pray aloud.
(b) Pray silently.
(c) Ponder the matter.
(d) Chant in unison.
9. Who is disciplining Okei?
(a) Obi Agiliga.
(b) Obi Ojo.
(c) Obi Agiliga's senior wife.
(d) Obi Agiliga's younger wife.
10. Nduka and Uche are friendly with the girls in the opening chapters, but Okei keeps his distance because of what?
(a) Their hurtful comments he has heard.
(b) He distrusts virtually everyone.
(c) He keeps his distance from virtually everyone.
(d) He does not like gossipers.
11. What has Obi Uwechue brought with him on this visit?
(a) Some water.
(b) Some whiskey.
(c) Some juice.
(d) Some wine.
12. Obi Agilaga is what upon finding the gathering of youths?
13. Nduka and Uche recognize that the farm boys will not be able to read any announcements, especially those made in what language?
14. While Nduka writes the message on school paper and distributes it to the people in the village, what method does Uche use?
(a) A gong.
(b) A horn.
(c) Word of mouth.
(d) A drum.
15. Obi Agilaga does what on the way home as he thinks about the boys who believe they are the only ones who have ever been young?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years old is Okei in the first chapter?
2. What nearly caused the destruction of Okei's nation during his youth?
3. In Obi Uwechue's village, the young men have started to do what?
4. Obi Agilaga knows that Obi Uwechue's visit must be regarding what?
5. The boys would like to implement what to improve food production and allow the farmers some rest?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)