|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Obi Agilaga knows that Obi Uwechue's visit must be regarding what?
(a) The farm laborers.
(b) The sweltering heat.
(c) A farming matter.
(d) An important matter.
2. In Chapter 4, Uche rises when the following day?
(a) Early afternoon.
(b) Very early in the morning.
(c) Around noon.
(d) Around 8 a.m.
3. Who will judge the winner of the contest?
(a) The young men.
(b) The elders.
(c) Selected women.
(d) The clergy.
4. One of Obi Agilaga's wives urges him to do what as the boys begin to disperse?
(a) Direct Okei to come inside.
(b) Instruct the boys not to return.
(c) Come in for supper.
(d) Relax before supper.
5. What relationship is Okei to Obi Agiliga?
6. Okei leads a discussion about the need to do what?
(a) Use better equipment.
(b) Modernize the farming methods.
(c) Use chemicals and pesticides.
(d) Irrigate farms.
7. In what setting does the tale begin?
(a) A camp.
(b) A town.
(c) A village.
(d) A city.
8. A retreat in this terrible weather is necessary to avoid what?
(a) Lightning strikes.
(b) Heat exhaustion.
(c) Heavy winds.
(d) Pouring rain.
9. In Obi Uwechue's village, the young men have started to do what?
(a) Attack women walking to the lake daily.
(b) Attack women walking to the stream daily.
(c) Attack girls en route to school.
(d) Hunt farm animals.
10. How long has Okei been living with Obi Agiliga?
(a) Four years after his parents' deaths.
(b) Only very recently.
(c) Two years after his parents' deaths.
(d) Since his parents' deaths.
11. What time is it when the story begins?
(a) Late evening.
(b) Early afternoon.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Early evening.
12. What was the cause of death of Okei's parents?
(c) Vehicle accident.
(d) Accidental drowning.
13. What do Obi Agilaga and Obi Uwechue do together for a while?
(a) Chant in unison.
(b) Ponder the matter.
(c) Pray aloud.
(d) Pray silently.
14. What is their simultaneous reaction as Obi Agilaga and Obi Uwechue approach the matter concerning Okei?
15. Early in the story, Nduka and Uche have been waiting for Okei to finish what, so they can go with their friend to a neighboring village to meet girls?
(a) His noon meal.
(b) His evening meal.
(c) His evening chores.
(d) His morning meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Obi Agilaga tells Obi Uwechue if he takes care of the girls in his village, that he will take care of what?
2. The educated boys agree with Okei's philosophy, but while the uneducated youths nod in agreement they actually do what?
3. Obi Agilaga's son is able to peer and determine that the approaching group includes Obi Uwechue, who is what?
4. Who used to say that it is up to others to provide the young men something to do?
5. Which son of his does Obi Agilaga direct to the stream to bring water for the men?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)