|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Obi Uwechue believe can offer these teens with free time what they require?
(a) Skill instructors.
(b) School teachers.
(c) Clergy members.
(d) Obi Uwechue and Obi Agilaga.
2. A girl Uche and Nduka wish to take Okei to meet in the first two chapters goes by what name?
3. Obi Agilaga's son is able to peer and determine that the approaching group includes Obi Uwechue, who is what?
(a) An old friend of Obi Agilaga.
(b) An uncle of Obi Agilaga.
(c) A new acquaintance of Obi Agilaga.
(d) A second cousin of Obi Agilaga.
4. What does Obi Uwechue tell Obi Agilaga about Okei and his friends doing?
(a) Watching girls bathing the night before.
(b) Getting intoxicated the night before.
(c) Meeting girls the day before.
(d) Stealing from young villagers.
5. The boys would like to implement what to improve food production and allow the farmers some rest?
(a) Crop rotation.
(d) New methods.
6. What relationship is Okei to Obi Agiliga?
7. As Nduka and Uche take Okei to meet the girls nearby, they commiserate that their parents all give them the same speech about being useless because of what?
(a) They avoid doing chores.
(b) They have had some schooling.
(c) They all seek life in the big city.
(d) They want to become vendors.
8. What nearly caused the destruction of Okei's nation during his youth?
(d) Sickle Cell.
9. Who helps Okei address his anger in life as he approaches young adulthood?
(a) Obi Ojo.
(b) Nne Ojo.
(c) No one.
(d) Obi Agilaga.
10. Okei leads a discussion about the need to do what?
(a) Use chemicals and pesticides.
(b) Use better equipment.
(c) Irrigate farms.
(d) Modernize the farming methods.
11. Why does Okei drift through life?
(a) The family that cares for him is too strict.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He fears losing another family.
(d) He lacks his immediate family.
12. What does Okei receive punishment for in the initial chapters?
(a) A lackadaisical attitude.
(b) An ungrateful attitude.
(d) Disrespect toward elders.
13. Obi Uwechue thinks that he and Obi Agilaga need to ensure these young men receive what?
(c) A big problem.
(d) Skill training.
14. What is the name of the village Nduka and Uche want to take Okei to meet girls in the opening chapters?
15. Obi Agilaga encourages Obi Uwechue to direct the girls of his village to do what?
(a) Sell produce in Obi Agilaga's village.
(b) Visit Okei and his friends.
(c) Stay away from Okei and his friends.
(d) Spread gossip and rumors.
Short Answer Questions
1. The educated boys agree with Okei's philosophy, but while the uneducated youths nod in agreement they actually do what?
2. What was the cause of death of Okei's parents?
3. The topic of boys leads the girls to mention the difference between what?
4. Obi Agilaga's wives make comments about how hard he works and how much he is in need of what in the fields?
5. Obi Agilaga tells Obi Uwechue if he takes care of the girls in his village, that he will take care of what?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)