|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Obi Uwechue and Obi Agiliga agree that the boys of the villages do not have time to molest girls near the stream or steal from the old people due to what?
(a) The upcoming contest, distraction of rumors.
(b) They are attending school, doing chores.
(c) They are preparing for examinations, doing chores.
(d) They are working the fields, learning trades.
2. Who dresses Okei in special ceremonial cloths?
(a) Obi Agiliga.
(d) Nne Ojo.
3. Obi Agilaga encourages Obi Uwechue to direct the girls of his village to do what?
(a) Visit Okei and his friends.
(b) Stay away from Okei and his friends.
(c) Spread gossip and rumors.
(d) Sell produce in Obi Agilaga's village.
4. Why is Okei glad for the intervention of the elders into the contest?
(a) He is being beaten by a much larger youth.
(b) He is afraid of getting seriously hurt.
(c) He is being badly beaten by two boys at once.
(d) He is tired and losing his stamina.
5. In what setting does the tale begin?
(a) A camp.
(b) A city.
(c) A village.
(d) A town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do villagers prepare a breakfast of to celebrate on the morning of the contest?
2. Obi Agiliga announces he will go where to determine the situation after he instructs Nne Ojo where to hide Okei?
3. In Chapter 4, Uche rises when the following day?
4. Why is it the girls Uche, Okei, and Nduka seek to meet with go to the village to sell their produce?
5. How does the contest between the youths end?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)