|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when the story begins?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Early evening.
(c) Early afternoon.
(d) Late evening.
2. In what setting does the tale begin?
(a) A village.
(b) A camp.
(c) A town.
(d) A city.
3. Nduka and Uche are friendly with the girls in the opening chapters, but Okei keeps his distance because of what?
(a) He keeps his distance from virtually everyone.
(b) He does not like gossipers.
(c) Their hurtful comments he has heard.
(d) He distrusts virtually everyone.
4. The girls Okei and his friends hope to meet have returned early from their day of selling what?
5. How long has Okei been living with Obi Agiliga?
(a) Four years after his parents' deaths.
(b) Only very recently.
(c) Two years after his parents' deaths.
(d) Since his parents' deaths.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Okei disciplined early in the story?
2. What is the name of the village Nduka and Uche want to take Okei to meet girls in the opening chapters?
3. Who helps Okei address his anger in life as he approaches young adulthood?
4. The topic of boys leads the girls to mention the difference between what?
5. What relationship is Okei to Obi Agiliga?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)