Chapters 1 and 2
1. The Wrestling Match tells the coming of age story of a young boy, Okei, from what country?
2. Okei grows up in a culture nearly destroyed during what decade?
3. What nearly caused the destruction of Okei's nation during his youth?
(b) Sickle Cell.
4. What time is it when the story begins?
(a) Early evening.
(b) Late evening.
(c) Early afternoon.
(d) Late afternoon.
5. In what setting does the tale begin?
(a) A city.
(b) A camp.
(c) A town.
(d) A village.
6. Where are the vendors in the initial scene?
(a) They have left the market to return to their homes for the night.
(b) They are conducting their final transactions with customers for the day.
(c) They are opening up their businesses following the noon break.
(d) They are opening businesses following morning religious ceremonies.
7. How is Okei disciplined early in the story?
(a) He is sent to bed without his meal.
(b) He is whipped.
(c) He must perform additional chores.
(d) He is yelled at.
This section contains 5,372 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)