Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What declaration did Colorado's governor, John Evans make?
(a) It was illegal for any indian to reside in Colorado
(b) It was illegal for any indian to kill any white man
(c) It was legal for any soldier to kill any indian
(d) It was legal for any white man to kill any hostile indian
2. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Dull Knife
(b) Little Horse
(c) Standing Deer
(d) Little Tree
3. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
(a) Trail of Tears
(b) Buncombe Turnpike
(c) Sorrowful Trail
(d) Chisholm Trail
4. Who was chief for the Ottawa tribe?
(b) Crazy Horse
5. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
(c) Crazy Horse
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1868 what does Red Cloud do?
2. Who turns their backs on John Bent?
3. What was located between the Pecos mountains and the Rio Grande?
4. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
5. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)