|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
(a) General Sherman
(b) General Sheridan
(c) General Hancock
(d) General Custer
2. Most of the Apache have moved to reservations or have left Arizona by what year?
3. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) The Comanche
(b) The Cheyenne
(c) the Ute
(d) The Santee Sioux
4. What is the name of the reservation where the Navajo are forced to live?
(a) Qualla Indian Boundary
(c) Fort Defiance
(d) Bosque Redondo
5. What is Manifest Destiny?
(a) The idea that Mexico would one day be part of the US
(b) The idea that the white man was destined to control from sea to shining sea
(c) The idea that Native Americans are the
(d) The idea that Native Americans would conquer the white man
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sitting Bull go after Custer's Last Stand?
2. Who is Cochise's father in law?
3. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
4. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
5. What famous scout gains the trust of the Navajo?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)