One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what tribe was Kintpuash a chief?
(c) Nez Perce
2. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
(a) The Apache
(b) The Klamath
(c) The Nez Perce
(d) The Sioux
3. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
(a) Kill and mutilate him
(b) Run him out of their territory
(c) Sign a temporary treaty
(d) Make him an honorary member of their tribe
4. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
(a) General Sheridan
(b) General Custer
(c) General Sherman
(d) General Connor
5. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) Patrick Connor
(b) John Bent
(c) John Clark
(d) James Sawyers
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Standing Bear when he refuses to sign a treaty with the government?
2. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
3. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
4. In what tribe was Hooker Jim a leader?
5. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)