|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mrs. Ralph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Garp enters Mrs. Ralph's house for the first time, what does she ask Garp to do?
(a) Play the piano so she can dance.
(b) Help her kick out a young man who won't leave.
(c) Cook her dinner.
(d) Clean her kitchen.
2. What happened to Ellen James that made her famous?
(a) She ran away from home at age 11.
(b) She wrote a feminist essay that was published when she was 11.
(c) She wrote Jenny a letter that Jenny then published in her book.
(d) She was raped and her tongue was cut out.
3. Who are the Ellen Jamesians?
(a) People who attend school at Ellen James University.
(b) People who donate to the Ellen James scholarship fund.
(c) People who get surgery to look like Ellen James.
(d) Women who also cut their tongues out.
4. What object does Mrs. Ralph throw at Garp when he catches her speeding?
(a) Her fist.
(b) Her purse.
(c) A ladle.
(d) A book.
5. What is Garp wearing when he heads out in the middle of the night to check on Duncan at Ralph's house?
(a) Only his running shorts.
(b) Women's clothes, so he won't be recognized.
(c) Work clothes, so he won't look suspicious.
(d) Black pants, black shirt, and black shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Ralph's dog?
2. What is Garp looking up in the phone book when he has a career revelation?
3. What is the title of Garp's first novel?
4. What year is it when Jenny and Garp leave the country after Garp's graduation?
5. What do Garp and Jenny think of Frank Grillparzer?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)