|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The World According to Bensenhaver.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson does Walt take from the story Garp tells him?
(a) That he should be nicer to animals.
(b) That he should be careful crossing the street.
(c) That he should be careful of stray cats.
(d) That he should be careful of chained-up dogs.
2. What language does Jenny learn while living in Vienna?
3. Who is the main character in _The World According to Bensenhaver_?
(a) Helen Fields.
(b) Jenny Duncan.
(c) Hope Standish.
(d) John Irving.
4. What does the dog in Garp's story to Walt want more than anything?
(a) To be free of his leash.
(b) To be inside during the day with his master.
(c) To be able to reach a cat.
(d) To go meet a girl dog he can see through his fence.
5. While Duncan is spending the night with Ralph, Garp has a dream about Duncan. Where are Garp and Duncan in that dream?
(a) In the future--Duncan is in college.
(b) On an airplane.
(c) In a field.
(d) Back at Steering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cat continue to do to the dog in the story Garp tells Walt?
2. How does Garp spend his time when he first arrives in Vienna?
3. What ultimately happens to the cat in the story Garp tells Walt?
4. What happens to Garp in Garp's dream?
5. What is the dog is Garp's story to Walt chained to?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)